Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:20 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Are you supposed to just send in older systems for upgrade? Or are you supposed to pm and get an rma?

I sent him a pm recently as well as months ago and never heard a peep.

At any rate, I have two DL systems, the original and one from last year (pre december). Both work flawlessly. So I don't know what kind of problems some of you are having, but there is a good chance you are doing something wrong. Not trying to be snippy, but there is a lot of complexity in the setup, antenna placement, power filters, etc that when done wrong can completely ruin your tx connection......

Of course if you can't even get it to work on the bench that's another story... every manufacturer produces a few lemons. Just reality.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Jan 2008
382 Posts
Hey,
I'm selling my V1 system if anyone is interested. 9ch rx + tx.
Cheers.
sancho28 is online now Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,884 Posts
Any chance to get a msg to Mike ?
The PM box is full.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
also known as ke123
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Are you supposed to just send in older systems for upgrade? Or are you supposed to pm and get an rma?

At any rate, I have two DL systems, the original and one from last year (pre december). Both work flawlessly. So I don't know what kind of problems some of you are having, but there is a good chance you are doing something wrong. Not trying to be snippy, but there is a lot of complexity in the setup, antenna placement, power filters, etc that when done wrong can completely ruin your tx connection......

Of course if you can't even get it to work on the bench that's another story... every manufacturer produces a few lemons. Just reality.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...pgrad&page=700
krise is offline Find More Posts by krise
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
hi all, fixed my interference issues today, was getting my lawmate gs video wiped out when the dragon link v2 was anywhere near, all ive done is change channel from 1280 to 1020 and now theres no interference even at 12 inch away. vtx is LM 1.2 1w.
Is there any reason why i should not stick with this channel ? should i try for one closer to 1280 ?

thanks

oh does 25 feet in micro range sound ok with everything turned on ? 35 with everything off.
On our side of the pond, the FCC tells us amateurs are prohibited from transmitting 1020, but 1270-1295 is OK <5W with a license.

25' in micropower mode is excellent.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Nov 2006
901 Posts
sorry wrong thread
wister is offline Find More Posts by wister
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:23 PM
Aleksandr
Russian Federation, Moscow, Moskva
Joined Oct 2012
821 Posts
I have exact the same problem as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=186rUgAAAhY

tired of trying to contact Mike... sent several PM - no response... ((( decided to open paypal dispute. Hope it will work.... Sorry, Mike, bad communication = bad general dragonlink impression...

p.s. Mike! You have your PM box full again (((
mwnn is online now Find More Posts by mwnn
Last edited by mwnn; Dec 10, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,179 Posts
I think on his video that the DL Tx is too close to the Rx, and that's why there are some problems, too much power goes to the Rx.
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
Aleksandr
Russian Federation, Moscow, Moskva
Joined Oct 2012
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
I think on his video that the DL Tx is too close to the Rx, and that's why there are some problems, too much power goes to the Rx.
no, I tryed everything (micro power mode, 500m of distance, several rebindings, id changings, calibrations...) DL v1 works perfect at the same distance
mwnn is online now Find More Posts by mwnn
Last edited by mwnn; Dec 10, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,681 Posts
Based off the explanation, Calibrated, Changed ID, Rebound... It needs to be changed.

Change ID first
Then Calibrate (I prefer 10ft from TX to RX, no antenna on RX)
Then Bind

I have had that problem before on ones that I did not calibrate after changing ID.

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
On our side of the pond, the FCC tells us amateurs are prohibited from transmitting 1020, but 1270-1295 is OK <5W with a license.

25' in micropower mode is excellent.

Kev
One Watt is the Max power that you can transmitt for use with remote control, and you must have a FCC Tech license or higher to do so. Unless of course they changed all this in the past month and I havn't heard about it...
kalikraven is offline Find More Posts by kalikraven
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikraven View Post
One Watt is the Max power that you can transmitt for use with remote control, and you must have a FCC Tech license or higher to do so. Unless of course they changed all this in the past month and I havn't heard about it...
I thought it was 2 watts.....
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:02 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
55 Posts
Nope it's one watt, so using some of the UHF systems in high power mode is breaking FCC rules.
kalikraven is offline Find More Posts by kalikraven
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,821 Posts
has anyone tried the contact info on DL website? Maybe that will work better? Id like to see how this pans out, as Im looking at lrs's and definately want one with service if there is any problems...
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post

I have made upgrades easy, just follow the instructions on page 700 of this thread. I do a lot of upgrades for free, and this takes a lot of time, having to arrange each one by emails would make this much harder.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor