SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:46 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,497 Posts
As is often the case for this fast paced thread, my question when un-answered. anyway, tested my DL v1 on my Summit and could do 1000 feet not so LOS. Had some trees and a house in between, pretty good I think for a surface vehicle. Goal is 1 km clear LOS.
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:53 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
As is often the case for this fast paced thread, my question when un-answered. anyway, tested my DL v1 on my Summit and could do 1000 feet not so LOS. Had some trees and a house in between, pretty good I think for a surface vehicle. Goal is 1 km clear LOS.
The question of distance is harder to estimate on the ground. thats probably no one answered. But clear LOS, you can easily go 1km. I have tested my system by leaving one RX at my dads house 2.2 miles away, went home, and was able to control the servos attached to it. There were glitches but it was in a basement and i was on the 2nd floor of my place out on the deck. There was a small hill and about 40-50 homes in between, even a guy with a 4KW HAM tower (not sure if it was running).

I think you will be fine, and if you set your failsafes to throttle off you will be safe (as long as your not crossing a road when you loose signal)

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:31 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I'm thinking about trying out a car Fpv I'm thinking about getting my antenna for my ground station high enough with maybe a golf ball retriever that way I won't lose video. Why don't you connect your rssi so you can see how well and strong your dl signal is?
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:49 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
I'm thinking about trying out a car Fpv I'm thinking about getting my antenna for my ground station high enough with maybe a golf ball retriever that way I won't lose video. Why don't you connect your rssi so you can see how well and strong your dl signal is?
hmm... idea for antenna!

CF tube about 18" tall, and a Plastic or fiberglass tube the rest of the way (to prevent interference from the CF) making an antenna that is stiff and puts the active element about 24-28" off the car. then you can get even better range on ground!

(you could do just fiberglass for an easier build)

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Mike from DragonLinks, if you read this "please" PM me. I've PM you about a problem I'm have with my DLv2 system. I really need to resolve this problem. Thank you.

Enrico(Rick) or email me; enrico338@hotmail.ca
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:15 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,003 Posts
Mike, PM sent your way!
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:08 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Well, I don't have an OSD in the truck. Also, don't want to use a high antenna because it will go in a Tonka body, so kind of a pseudo scale model

So far, I got a good performance out of the DL on my ground try. Will do a video tonight and post it in here too so you see that distance on the ground looks more far away than in the air.

The failsafe is so that the truck will stop if it kicks in. Don't want it to run onto someone. At 5 kg and 40 Km/h, I wouldn't want to receive it in the leg :O
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:41 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
Ive got 2 Summits now, a great change of pace from "wings and things" this fpv stuff is addictive, now my daughter wants in after driving my Summit fpv.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:53 PM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
643 Posts
Its been a bit since I've been on here, but heres my latest video from my Reaper XL. Its also my first attempt at using Final Cut 10. Powerful program but its kind of confusing.

Twin Lakes Project Flown WIth Dragon Link (2 min 53 sec)
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:39 AM
United States, PA, Norristown
Joined May 2012
637 Posts
I went ahead with jettpilots recomendation and got the futaba 12fga, I'm having trouble getting it to work in 12 channel ppm mode or any ppm mode for that matter, I'm using the futaba trainer port with the supplied cable.

Looks like there are two ppm modes, teacher and student but selecting the ppm modulation is only doable on the student screen and the green light is only solid after I activate student mode 12 channel ppm but still it does not work, in teacher mode the red light flashes.

any help would be great, i purchased the 12fg for sole purpose of using 12 channels ppm with dragonlink, i have version 3.0

-Jeng
Jengaleng is offline Find More Posts by Jengaleng
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:56 AM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
I had to use the 72mhz module to set ppm on my 12z and then remove it once done, could never get ppm with 2.4
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:24 AM
Joined Jun 2010
426 Posts
Please answer my PM.Thanks.
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
I've PM you, Mike from DragonLink. Please check. Thank you.

Enrico(Rick)
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:09 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Hi I have decided to give up rc flying for now so selling alot of stuff including my Dragonlink. Check ebay for condor fpv Futaba 10c and loads more seller name mrpowers1977. Thanks.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:41 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzlflyer View Post
I had to use the 72mhz module to set ppm on my 12z and then remove it once done, could never get ppm with 2.4
#1 on the 72mhz module when using a 12Z.

But (I haven't bothered to try) can you get more then an 8 channel PPM stream from your Z ?

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba