Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

I cant beleive that the cold weather is keeping everyone from flying... There were only a few entries in this weeks contest. The winning video is ICONIC-X - at The FIRM - flown with DragonLink! Give me your complete information HansAuf and I will ship your free receiver out to you !

ICONIC-X - at The FIRM - flown with DragonLink!: 462

SkyWalker 1900 first flight with Dragon Link: 63

DJI F550 + Naza + Skylark Trace OSD: 58

MST Fields v2: 49

DragonLink - Farther, Faster: 10'556
Congrats Hans! My video didn't qualify as a submission so it doesn't even count. That means even fewer entries. Get out and fly, folks!
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:29 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,512 Posts
Quote:
DRAGON LINK VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

I cant beleive that the cold weather is keeping everyone from flying... There were only a few entries in this weeks contest. The winning video is ICONIC-X - at The FIRM - flown with DragonLink! Give me your complete information HansAuf and I will ship your free receiver out to you !
Awesome! Thanks for all you do, including selling this system that gives me the confidence and security I count on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Congrats Hans! My video didn't qualify as a submission so it doesn't even count. That means even fewer entries. Get out and fly, folks!
Yep, I never win anything, lol. So this made my year.
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:00 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Finally hit 10,000 views! Took quite a bit of work... Everywhere I flew I handed out cards to "check out my videos" Ill just post the link since Iv posted the video here before

Dragonlink - Farther, Faster

Chris
CHANYOTE66 WINS A COMPLETE NEW VERSION 2 DRAGON LINK SYSTEM !!!

Congratulatulations Chanyote, that was an awesome video and I am glad to see you win the contest for the free system. Please send me your complete information and I will send your new system to you ! Given the amount of contests you win, you will be able to build an entire fleet of FPV planes soon, or start an FPV store

DragonLink - Farther, Faster (2 min 58 sec)

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
651 Posts
Please answer my PMs
guyst is offline Find More Posts by guyst
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Hi guys - still having problems here. I don't think that I am doing anything wrong here - but it still won't work. Anyone else use a Dx7 with DL? I have had this system for over a year and I haven't been able to use it yet.

Dragon Link Problems - I need help! (4 min 49 sec)
schraut5 is offline Find More Posts by schraut5
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:38 PM
Switzerland, VS, Oberems
Joined Apr 2010
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schraut5 View Post
Hi guys - still having problems here. I don't think that I am doing anything wrong here - but it still won't work. Anyone else use a Dx7 with DL? I have had this system for over a year and I haven't been able to use it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIqLB...ature=youtu.be
maybe you need to swap to another phone. apple is very noisy and it causes interferences to the DL.

have you checked the output monitor on your dx7?
w4Rd3n is online now Find More Posts by w4Rd3n
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:43 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,681 Posts
Quote:

Congratulatulations Chanyote, that was an awesome video and I am glad to see you win the contest for the free system. Please send me your complete information and I will send your new system to you ! Given the amount of contests you win, you will be able to build an entire fleet of FPV planes soon, or start an FPV store

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjLXgxzzOg

Mike
Mike,
Thanks so much for the opportunity! I have a Good friend that could really use my V1 to start in FPV. I think he will be excited this Christmas to get a Skysurfer RTF FPV with Dragonlink!

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Oct 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schraut5 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIqLB...ature=youtu.be
I don't remember if I'm right, but I heard that there was an Rx version that had the channels numbers reversed (channels 1-8). I think that when you are calibration mode, you are jumping channels 3-4 in the 0:57 min of your video, so why you don't try to jump channels 5-6 (the next two pins)?

You must get all 3 LED's on your receiver and RED and GREEN flashing on your TX to be in calibration mode. Let calibrate for 15 minutes.

I think that this is a big part of the problem

Then do the ID change

and Finally make the binding between TX and RX

Hope this help you
Juanp is offline Find More Posts by Juanp
Last edited by Juanp; Dec 03, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2011
105 Posts
Contest prize claim

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjLXgxzzOg

Mike
Congrats Chanyote66!
Mike, could you please answer my PM? I won a free RX 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten any response from you. I realize you are a busy person but I want my RX .
Exyator is offline Find More Posts by Exyator
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Issues ...please help

Hello- I purchased a Dragonlink system from the Dragonlink website on 11/5/12. I am having some issues with it that I need to sort out before I can safely use it. Hopefully you will be able to provide me some guidance. Last week I got around to setting the system up. I installed the Transmitter on a brand new Turnigy 9x radio following the appropriate instructions on your website. I was able to get the Green LED light to come on with out any issues. I then installed the Dragonlink Receiver in my plane following the appropriate Calibration > binding sequence. I was able to Range check the system to over 40 meters without getting failsafe. Solid REd and Blue LED output on receiver. So far so good....

I then went for an initial flight. This is where the story sours. After launching my plane and flying LOS for a few seconds without problems, I lost all control of the plane and it crashed. The elevator servo had "locked" in a nose down position and I couldn't get the plane nose up. Interestingly, this loss of control seemed to coincide with the moment my flying partner turned his recently purchased Dragonlink transmitter on. I suspected that his Dragonlink Transmitter had somehow interfered with my system causing the loss of Radio control. So I collected up my stuff and brought it home to the workshop to try and figure out what happened.

I initially powered up my 9x/Dragonlink Transmitter and turned on my plane and everything seemed fine. I had solid red and blue LEDs on the receiver and appropriate control of the servos. I then turned my friend's dragonlink transmitter on and I immediately noticed that the Blue LED started to flash/blink in a random pattern. I also noticed that the servos would intermittently lock-up similar to what seemed to happen when I crashed my plane.

I then decided to perform the ID change procedure as outlined in your manual. I then recalibrated and then re-bound the receiver closely following your instructions. Unfortunately, I kept having the same thing happen; when the second Dragon transmitter was turned on the receivers Blue LED started to blink/flash in a random pattern.

I then went on to perform the ID change > Calibration> Bind sequence 3 more times, all with identical results until the last time when I noted that the Blue LED is now flashing even without the second transmitter being on.

I am obviously frustrated and puzzled. Please help as I would like to get back to flying and I can not safely use this system in its current state.

Thanks so much, Mark
poinrobe is offline Find More Posts by poinrobe
Last edited by poinrobe; Dec 03, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:23 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,078 Posts
Hi ! Been a while since I came here. Began surface FPV with a Summit a month ago, plenty fun. Now I have out ranged my RC Tx and although I tried my DX7 on 2.4, no luck with range. Will try my DL on the summit tonight, what range can I achieve on ground ?

Anyone in here tried their DL on ground ? Remember obstacles like cars, trees, people and the like (man this is fun though, you gotta try surface FPV )

Also, how did you mount your DL antenna ?

Thanks ! If DL works well and becomes the solution, I'll post a video. Mike, surface videos "driven with dragonlink" Ok for the weekly contest ?
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyator View Post
Congrats Chanyote66!
Mike, could you please answer my PM? I won a free RX 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten any response from you. I realize you are a busy person but I want my RX .
Three weeks, a TX I paid for... no response to PMs, no tracking number.
Mike IS a busy guy, I guess.
amba is online now Find More Posts by amba
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:45 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
723 Posts
[QUOTE=poinrobe;23430382]Hello- I purchased a Dragonlink system from the Dragonlink website on 11/5/12. I am having some issues with it that I need to sort out before I can safely use it. Hopefully you will be able to provide me some guidance. Last week I got around to setting the system up. I installed the Transmitter on a brand new Turnigy 9x radio following the appropriate instructions on your website. I was able to get the Green LED light to come on with out any issues. I then installed the Dragonlink Receiver in my plane following the appropriate Calibration > binding sequence. I was able to Range check the system to over 40 meters without getting failsafe. Solid REd and Blue LED output on receiver. So far so good....

I then went for an initial flight. This is where the story sours. After launching my plane and flying LOS for a few seconds without problems, I lost all control of the plane and it crashed. The elevator servo had "locked" in a nose down position and I couldn't get the plane nose up. Interestingly, this loss of control seemed to coincide with the moment my flying partner turned his recently purchased Dragonlink transmitter on. I suspected that his Dragonlink Transmitter had somehow interfered with my system causing the loss of Radio control. So I collected up my stuff and brought it home to the workshop to try and figure out what happened.

I initially powered up my 9x/Dragonlink Transmitter and turned on my plane and everything seemed fine. I had solid red and blue LEDs on the receiver and appropriate control of the servos. I then turned my friend's dragonlink transmitter on and I immediately noticed that the Blue LED started to flash/blink in a random pattern. I also noticed that the servos would intermittently lock-up similar to what seemed to happen when I crashed my plane.

I then decided to perform the ID change procedure as outlined in your manual. I then recalibrated and then re-bound the receiver closely following your instructions. Unfortunately, I kept having the same thing happen; when the second Dragon transmitter was turned on the receivers Blue LED started to blink/flash in a random pattern.

I then went on to perform the ID change > Calibration> Bind sequence 3 more times, all with identical results until the last time when I noted that the Blue LED is now flashing even without the second transmitter being on.

I am obviously frustrated and puzzled. Please help as I would like to get back to flying and I can not safely use this system in its current state.

Thanks so much, Mark[/QUOTE

Hmm my worst fear, dragon link is frequency hoping spread spectrum so this is not supposed to happen, does anyone else fly with 2 or more dragon link v2 at the same time ?
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:00 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
Hmm my worst fear, dragon link is frequency hoping spread spectrum so this is not supposed to happen, does anyone else fly with 2 or more dragon link v2 at the same time ?
Yes, I have flown with 1 V1 and 2 V2 guys together. The V1 was running V2 firmware (apr2012) and they all worked flawlessly. The problem usually happens when someone is flying with older firmware.

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:15 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
I'm after a DragonLink RX with firmware compatible with the very first DragonLink TX (pre-Dec 2011?)

Are these available for immediate dispatch from anywhere, or does anyone have one they would like to sell me?

Thanks.
Just order from the DragonLinkLabs web site and specify the pre-Dec 2011 firmware to be installed.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member