SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:34 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,364 Posts
DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest.

5. Videos must be posted on Monday, 3 December 2012 or LATER to qualify for this weeks contest.

6. The video that gets the highest view count at the end of the week, Sunday night, 9 December 2012 wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest every week costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views at the end of the week ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week.

This contest will be run EVERY WEEK, so if you do not win this week, no worries, try again !!!

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Dec 03, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:34 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,364 Posts
DRAGON LINK VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

I cant beleive that the cold weather is keeping everyone from flying... There were only a few entries in this weeks contest. The winning video is ICONIC-X - at The FIRM - flown with DragonLink! Give me your complete information HansAuf and I will ship your free receiver out to you !

ICONIC-X - at The FIRM - flown with DragonLink! (4 min 43 sec)

ICONIC-X - at The FIRM - flown with DragonLink!: 462

SkyWalker 1900 first flight with Dragon Link: 63

DJI F550 + Naza + Skylark Trace OSD: 58

MST Fields v2: 49

DragonLink - Farther, Faster: 10'556
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Dec 03, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:35 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,364 Posts
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

As always, we have plenty of stock, and all shipping is within 24 hours

I have worked the entire weekend, from morning to night on these, but now All upgrades and repairs are done

I am now working on PM's, and any outstanding service items that are in my PM's will be taken care of very quickly !

Mike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Dec 03, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:59 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK UPDATE

All upgrades and repairs are done
does it mean you will answer PMs now ?

Please track number ....

Thank you.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:05 AM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
191 Posts
Mike, Chris, or anyone really,

Since the HT port on the DL transmitter adds the channels to the end of the PPM stream, is it capable of adding more than two channels? If I send in 3 or 4 additional, will it add all of them or just the first two?

Thanks in advance,

Kent
KentF is offline Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:40 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
I'm after a DragonLink RX with firmware compatible with the very first DragonLink TX (pre-Dec 2011?)

Are these available for immediate dispatch from anywhere, or does anyone have one they would like to sell me?

Thanks.
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
119 Posts
firmware upgrade

i am keen to update my firmware on my dragon link version 2, is the genuine updating kit coming out soon from dragon link, if not ill grab another programmer, in instructions ive seen it says to update both tx and rx, i think the download from dragon link web site only has tx part, i assume there is no need to update any firmware on any v2 recievers to use new tx firmware?
marty_mcfly is offline Find More Posts by marty_mcfly
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jun 2010
422 Posts
Mike answer my PM.
Thanks ....
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:14 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
779 Posts
Mike, check also my PM!
Thanks
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VizBizTas View Post
ArduPilotMega 2.5 and DragonLink RSSI.....

Hi all - the must be SOMEONE that is using the RSSI feed from DLv2 to the APM2.5.......?????

I have the pinouts sorted, but if SOMEONE can please confirm and then tell me how I set it up in the apm it would be GREAT.....!!!!

Come on someone....!!!!!!
Getting desperate.....!!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance.....!!!!!!
you may get a better response from the APM threads...

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:04 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
Hi

I had a crash today.
Nothing left .. also the antenna jack of the dl is gone ... any idea how to fix ?

Thanks

Attachment 5332999
I can fix tihs easily, just send it back to me !!!

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:20 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post

This change is huge. It will really upset people when they follow the posted instructions and things look to be working like all previous versions, and then fail.

The DL tx still blinks green, like previous versions. This makes seasoned DL users even confused. What does that mode do now?
The Versoin 1 LED indications are different than the Version 2 LED indications, the manual is written for Version 2. We wanted to make the LED indications exactly the same for both systems, but it just could not be done given the hardware.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:21 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB36 View Post
I just had quite a few V1 receivers upgraded to V2 firmware, and didn't look forward to calibrating/binding each one individually. I gave it a shot to gang calibrate and bind them all, even the V2 ones I had already bound.

I followed the instructions to the letter, and once I was used to the different LED sequences, all 13 receivers calibrated and then bound without error. I checked this by connecting a set of servos to each receiver to ensure each receiver bound correctly. (This took the most time!).

I will say that when I was initially calibrating and binding the V2 receivers before I got my other receivers back (by the way, I sent my V1 receivers and transmitters to Mike on Wed of this week, and received them back this afternoon (Sat). I do live in Florida, but I was extremely pleased at the quick turnaround!), I had some difficulty getting them to bind. A few ID changes and calibrations, and every receiver seems to bind quickly and without any problems.

Attached are some pics of my setup. Crude, but it works!

John

Attachment 5342556

Attachment 5342558
Where did all those come from ??? You have more receivers than I do I would love to see all the planes those go into !

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
502 Posts
My video for this weeks contest: Flying wing+Tricopter+DragonOSD airspeed sensor
Flown With DragonLink - Test flight (4 min 26 sec)
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:57 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,836 Posts
Finally hit 10,000 views! Took quite a bit of work... Everywhere I flew I handed out cards to "check out my videos" Ill just post the link since Iv posted the video here before

Dragonlink - Farther, Faster

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member