HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:44 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,617 Posts
yea maybe he is...who knows haha, if so he should of called him up and said HEY MIKE>>>CHANGE YUR MANUAL DAMIT lmao...sorry its getting late here.

yea i just went back and looked at it briefly...went directly to the bind procedures and see Yellow...
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Feb 2012
27 Posts
T8j

Hi, I like to know if the T8J can be use connected from the futaba plug to dragonlink /rangelink or any other uhf system ppm signal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVgrunt View Post
Thanks for your reply! Since this radio is a 2.4ghz with no modules to pull out, I wasn't sure if I could use this radio with dragonlink. I've got it on order and still waiting for it to come in but wanted to get and idea if it would work. My hopes were that someone here is using this transmitter and was able to access all 8 channels via dragonlink. Also, if I want to use an external battery to power the DL transmitter, is there a wiring diagram that shows how to connect this together? I'm not sure I want to power the DL TX with the batteries from the Futaba T8J.

Thanks!
Glenn
pedrobraulio is offline Find More Posts by pedrobraulio
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Jan 2010
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

As I make very clear in the upgrade instructions on page 700 of this thread, where I send everyone that inquires about upgrades, this is a firmware upgrade only. This is a very nice performance upgrade for the system, makes it compatible with all Version 2 equipment, add some new features, and is well worth doing.

Go ahead and hook your system back up and use it, it will work perfectly, and better than ever before !

Mike
Aaahhh - makes a lot of sense! Thanks Mike! Should have read stuff more carefully

Is there a way to customise my upgraded V1 to have a headtracker port (that was the main thing I was after to be honest!)?

Thanks!
Protocrash is offline Find More Posts by Protocrash
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Jan 2010
51 Posts
Mike,

I never received my transmitter Bracket/Radio stand with my order.,. At the time they were on back-order or something.

How would I go about getting one?

Thank you.
Flying Munkee is offline Find More Posts by Flying Munkee
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Well I tried to get a solid BIND between the TX and RX but not happening. Tried for 2hours this morning(3hours trying yesterday). Still no solid blue LED on the RX.
I tried ID change, tried Calibration, and re-BINDING. I've put more wear and tear on switch of my TX that I would put in its lifetime(power on and then power off). I just don't get it??? I'm not feeling to good about this product rite now! If it can't work on the bench rite, what will happen upstairs(flying) with $3000 of equipment?

Enrico(Rick)
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
My comments are far from rude. It was out of frustration, but still not rude in the sense of bashing. There is no way to directly contact mike like people think. So even if I do know him or not, I have to rely of the forum like everyone else for support.

This change is huge. It will really upset people when they follow the posted instructions and things look to be working like all previous versions, and then fail.

The DL tx still blinks green, like previous versions. This makes seasoned DL users even confused. What does that mode do now?

Also, I have to send my previously updated system back again. Not a big deal as I'm down the road from mike, but still, he is busy and I'll be down for awhile.
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:51 AM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2009
320 Posts
If you hold the button of TX and the led turns yellow (yellow means bind mode)after 5~8 secs, so you have the new firmware version. In this case, blinking green is the micropower mode. In this mode you can make the range test (substitute for the old dummy load on tx).

But if you donīt get yellow led on tx, your firmware is "older" version. In this case, blinking green is the bind mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
My comments are far from rude. It was out of frustration, but still not rude in the sense of bashing. There is no way to directly contact mike like people think. So even if I do know him or not, I have to rely of the forum like everyone else for support.

This change is huge. It will really upset people when they follow the posted instructions and things look to be working like all previous versions, and then fail.

The DL tx still blinks green, like previous versions. This makes seasoned DL users even confused. What does that mode do now?

Also, I have to send my previously updated system back again. Not a big deal as I'm down the road from mike, but still, he is busy and I'll be down for awhile.
junioro16v is offline Find More Posts by junioro16v
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:29 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
So the low/high power mode switch can be bypassed with micro power mode (green flashing)

What power levels do each have?
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2009
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
So the low/high power mode switch can be bypassed with micro power mode (green flashing)

What power levels do each have?
Yes. The micropower bypass high/low switch.

High=500mW
Low=250mW
MicroPower -> The less possible (They donīt specify this for us).

Even in micropower, always leave the antenna connected to TX.

(I always fly with low power and never get any issue).
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:39 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
808 Posts
Hi, just wondering if the dl v2 is frequency hoping?

If so is it as safe as the faast 2.4 system we fly at our club with 15 of us.
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:45 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2009
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
Hi, just wondering if the dl v2 is frequency hoping?

If so is it as safe as the faast 2.4 system we fly at our club with 15 of us.
Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum, yes!
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Hooked up a brand new DLv2 system as per manual(that's another story), does not work like it should. It won't even "BIND"! Now that's sad. My guess is that this brand new DLv2 unit is defective. Why? I thought every system is checked before its shipped out? No?

Enrico(Rick)
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:43 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2009
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick338 View Post
Hooked up a brand new DLv2 system as per manual(that's another story), does not work like it should. It won't even "BIND"! Now that's sad. My guess is that this brand new DLv2 unit is defective. Why? I thought every system is checked before its shipped out? No?

Enrico(Rick)
Are you getting solid green on tx (donīt press the button)?
To bind, the yellow led should be blinking.
Describe exactly whatīs happening!
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:04 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,178 Posts
I see there are three different RX firmwares .. what is the difference between
"7.Dec 2011-7.April 2012" vs "after 7. april 2012" ?
octane81 is offline Find More Posts by octane81
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:10 PM
Leesburg FL
Leesburg FL
Joined May 2008
75 Posts
Gang Bind

I just had quite a few V1 receivers upgraded to V2 firmware, and didn't look forward to calibrating/binding each one individually. I gave it a shot to gang calibrate and bind them all, even the V2 ones I had already bound.

I followed the instructions to the letter, and once I was used to the different LED sequences, all 13 receivers calibrated and then bound without error. I checked this by connecting a set of servos to each receiver to ensure each receiver bound correctly. (This took the most time!).

I will say that when I was initially calibrating and binding the V2 receivers before I got my other receivers back (by the way, I sent my V1 receivers and transmitters to Mike on Wed of this week, and received them back this afternoon (Sat). I do live in Florida, but I was extremely pleased at the quick turnaround!), I had some difficulty getting them to bind. A few ID changes and calibrations, and every receiver seems to bind quickly and without any problems.

Attached are some pics of my setup. Crude, but it works!

John

Name: Calibrate Setup.jpg
Views: 144
Size: 137.9 KB
Description:

Name: Gang Bind.jpg
Views: 158
Size: 150.9 KB
Description:
JohnB36 is offline Find More Posts by JohnB36