SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:39 PM
Indianapolis, In
Joined Oct 2004
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
Mike, can you show me photos of the bracket? Also, dimensions plz

If the bracket you are talking about is the transmitter kickstand that attaches to the metal handle, that will not work for the higher end futaba radios... for some reason they molded the handle as part of the plastic. no option for kickstands now.

Also, the 12FG uses the FASST module, which is a smaller block than the 9C's modules that we are used to seeing.

@chris1seto, sorry, not going to publish this. I am not making it for public sale. 3D printing takes a long time to do and there is zero profit in it for me.

If mike were to send me one, I would be happy to provide him with the cad files and even give him a prototype.
You can remove the plastic part of the handle on the 12fg, then the Dragonlink transmitter stand works great! No cutting or anything, just a few screws to remove the plastic.

Cheers,
Joe
jcoahran is offline Find More Posts by jcoahran
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:45 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,053 Posts
The included transmitter stand is very nice, which is why I bought a ton of them !

If your radio handle is molded plastic, one possibility is to modify the stand to attach to the radio ( we are airplane builders, so I am sure someone will have a good idea for this ! ).

The other possiblity, and what I do, is just velcro the Dragon Link to the back of the RC transmitter. This results in a vey small, nice installation that does not sticck out the back of the radio much. It is also quick and easy to put on and take off

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Hello need some advice, hooked up my new DL v2 today for the first time all good except that the RX link LED flashes every 5 seconds(LED stays on for 5sec then goes out for 1sec)and I lose my signal for a second. This is not good. Need help?
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:00 PM
Indianapolis, In
Joined Oct 2004
141 Posts
Futaba 12fg with the Dragonlink stand...

Cheers,
Joe
jcoahran is offline Find More Posts by jcoahran
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
Quote:
Hello need some advice, hooked up my new DL v2 today for the first time all good except that the RX link LED flashes every 5 seconds(LED stays on for 5sec then goes out for 1sec)and I lose my signal for a second. This is not good. Need help?

Change your ID and re-bind. I had to do that three times before it stayed on consistently.

WOW - 1000 pages!!
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Watt View Post
WOW - 1000 pages!!
Yup... I use to read every page and try to help people, but when I leave for a few hours, multiple pages are showing up... now I try to prioritize people based on their problems or if they ever got any answer. This is a busy thread!

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Ok. Trying to bind the 12 FG to the rx and its not working.

Ppm 8, student and on

Futaba trainer plug

Green light showing ppm to DL tx.

Hold button, get flashing light. Power rx and wait. I tried 5,10,15,20 sec wait times.
Power cycle tx.

Nada

Tried binding new DL to my firmware updated rx I sent to mike also. Nada. Tried binding my firmware updated TX to new rx. Nada
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
GregSilver,

to enter bind: Turn off TX, hold DL bind button, Turn on TX, Wait till TX boots and send signals out, Release button on DL

Then go power RX...

You cannot enter Bind with the TX or DL TX already on

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Yup, that is what I did.

I have 2 DL systems in front of me.

To test MY process...i changed ID's on the older system (firmware updated system) and rebound it. tried same process with new system...didnt work.

my process isnt at fault here...i can do it on one, and not the other.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
are they both on the same firmware?

There was another guy a few posts back that got his mixed up and had the same problem. He switched Rx's and it was good.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Ok. Trying to bind the 12 FG to the rx and its not working.

Ppm 8, student and on

Futaba trainer plug

Green light showing ppm to DL tx.

Hold button, get flashing light. Power rx and wait. I tried 5,10,15,20 sec wait times.
Power cycle tx.

Nada

Tried binding new DL to my firmware updated rx I sent to mike also. Nada. Tried binding my firmware updated TX to new rx. Nada
What colour flashing LED are you getting on the TX? It must be YELLOW(not green like it states on the manual). It must be flashing YELLOW(v2).
Rick338 is offline Find More Posts by Rick338
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Older tx flashes green when binding (upgraded v1)
New tx flashes green (new case with data radio and tracker ports)

If this does have a different firmware, I would think the new tx could bind to my v1.5 rx's, no?

If I sent my tx and rx to mike for updates, what firmware is that running??
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

As I make very clear in the upgrade instructions on page 700 of this thread, where I send everyone that inquires about upgrades, this is a firmware upgrade only. This is a very nice performance upgrade for the system, makes it compatible with all Version 2 equipment, add some new features, and is well worth doing.

Go ahead and hook your system back up and use it, it will work perfectly, and better than ever before !

Mike
Also if this is true, my upgraded tx won't bind to the 2 v2 rx's I just got
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Also if this is true, my upgraded tx won't bind to the 2 v2 rx's I just got
In that case, it does sound like a firmware issue, I can bind v1 and v2 RX's to both versions of TX's but they have the same firmware.

Sorry I cant help any further. Mike may be able to check what firmware he loaded.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
In that case, it does sound like a firmware issue, I can bind v1 and v2 RX's to both versions of TX's but they have the same firmware.

Sorry I cant help any further. Mike may be able to check what firmware he loaded.

Chris
Which begs the question, what the eff did he put on the TX too? The tx won't bind to anything.