HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:10 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Hi mike,

Those videos are pretty old- I don't think that would be fair to everyone else! I just wanted to share, not enter in the contest.

If you want though, ill whip up a winner for you next week.

Kevin
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:04 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart View Post
Hi mike,

Those videos are pretty old- I don't think that would be fair to everyone else! I just wanted to share, not enter in the contest.

If you want though, ill whip up a winner for you next week.

Kevin
Hi Keven,

When I looked at the views, just the last week was listed, and I thought it was a new video You are correct, that would make the runner up Video by Kristaps R win. Thanks for your honesty in calling this mistake to my attention. Given the quality of your videos, I know you will win this contest in the future ! So Kristaps, send me your full name and address, and I will send your free receiver to you.

Paraglider and FPV Easystar Flown With Dragon Link: 658

Paraglider and FPV Easystar Flown With Dragon Link (5 min 39 sec)
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:27 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I entered mine yesterday

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5277
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Brian,

From your video, the Dragon LInk is flashing RED, which means it is loosing PPM signal. First thing to do is make sure your transmitter is in PPM mode and not PCM mode. If that is correct, attach a short wire from the Dragon LInk case, screw it to the bottom screw on the FLAT side of the case, and then connect the other end to the ground of your RC transmitter. Keep the wire as short as possible with no coils.

Another thing you can do is try the 1/2 wave antenna, which will also change the RF equation enough to possibly solve this problem for you.

Mike
Mike, I found the problem with my DL. I made two plug in modules for my JR9303 and swapped over to the second module. The second module was causing loss of PPM. I had a flight tonight with the first module and no failsafes.
I'm planning on a new ship this winter and want to use 1.2 for video. I had a first batch DL and you upgraded it last winter. I'm guessing my DL does not have the filter for 1.2. If not, I'll need to send it to you to add the filter.

BTW, I picked up a 19" LED TV from wallyworld and have been using it to fly. I like it a lot better then the googles. I built a shade shield for bright days, which works quite well in the afternoon sun. It just sits in a rubbermaid bin. I need to find a hard shell case for it.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:47 PM
Joined Aug 2010
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
Mike, great to hear!! I have been trying to communicate with you for at least a month, maybe this is the new and improved method I am trying to send my Dragonlink in for an update. I PM'd you several times and asked on this thread and the previous Dragonlink thread how this is done.

Has anyone broken the code on how to obtain the service address or the procedures to establish communications and get service done? Thanks!
Bueller? Bueller ??????
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:03 PM
Miami fl
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jun 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
Here is my entree for this weeks contest. FPV neighborhood shenanigans with the custom quad. LIVING THE DREAM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvC1lH0lKFU
Awsome video!
ROD GARCIA is offline Find More Posts by ROD GARCIA
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:21 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Better late than never... here's part 1 of my two parter for this week's contest. Yeah, I know I ain't got a snowball's chance having missed part of the week, but whatever... It's fun just to show em off.

This here's my EasyStar, decked out with a Dragon OSD and a gyro on the rudder to help stabilize the view a bit. This flight was just basically testing and warmup... one short flight to test trim and stability by LOS, and then the rest of the pack flying pure FPV over the trees and big sand mounds out at my favorite field.

EasyStar 10-8-11 Part I: "Testing Phase", Flown With DragonLink (15 min 58 sec)

Part 2 is uploading now - one full battery pack dedicated to one purpose: ALTITUDE. I managed one half mile up, which was seriously cool till I realized how much the high winds had blown me backward. It was quite a ride, lol... Anyway's that will be up soon. :-)

Enjoy!

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:20 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
where is the video contest here is my entry
The Lagoon Fpv Hercules (4 min 0 sec)
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:03 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Appreciate it!
Another clear one LOL
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:07 PM
Gales Ferry, CT
Joined Oct 2003
3 Posts
Mike, thanks for the quick turnaround on my order; came much sooner then I expected. What are the two resistors packaged with the included female servo plug to be used for?
Scott
Flyboy II is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy II
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:36 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy II View Post
Mike, thanks for the quick turnaround on my order; came much sooner then I expected. What are the two resistors packaged with the included female servo plug to be used for?
Scott
Those are needed with some Futaba radios. If you DL works without them then you don't need them.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:55 AM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Aaaand part 2 from 10-8-11. This was the actual "mission" part of my flying day. I wanted to set a height record... actually I wanted to make it to one mile altitude but in retrospect it's probably a good thing that I didn't get that high, haha. Instead, I made it to one half mile, which is about 3x higher than I ever had been before, so I was really happy with that. Downside was, it was windy that day, I completely underestimated the effects of the wind on my position, and even though I had the OSD data basically screaming "You're blowing away" at me, I chose denial due to lust for a good height record, lol. When the battery tapped out, and I leveled the plane out and got a good look at my position, I was pretty shocked and worried about the situation I found myself in. Ended up having to abandon the idea of flying back across the HALF MILE wide lake I'd been blown across, and had to settle for just picking a good, remote spot to set her down. Pretty funny in retrospect. X-D

EasyStar 10-8-11 Part II: "How Not To Fly High Altitude", Flown With DragonLink (16 min 1 sec)

Enjoy!

Rick NR417

Edit: Just wanted to say once again how amazed I am at the DragonLink control system. There I am, over a mile away, dodging trees for an emergency landing as my video link fails from ground effect. Do I ever lose control? Do I ever even feel like I will lose control? NO. The DragonLink remains tight as ever, all the way till blackout. BEAUTIFUL. Muchos kudos to the Dragon Labs team for all they do for us! :-)
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Last edited by NightRunner417; Oct 12, 2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Shameless plug for the DragonLink UHF system
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:43 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
789 Posts
Mike , My dragonlink turned up today

Can you check your pms for my question on the other reciever ?

Cheers Mate , very happy its here , now for the build......

Cheers
Patrick
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:02 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,345 Posts
Video entry

Here is my first flight with the DL in my Stryker. Went about 3 km. It shows what can be done with a simple set up on 900 mhz, a 200 mW VTx and a patch and omni on eagle eyes diversity:

Stryker with Dragon link (4 min 6 sec)
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:16 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post

BTW, I picked up a 19" LED TV from wallyworld and have been using it to fly. I like it a lot better then the googles. I built a shade shield for bright days, which works quite well in the afternoon sun. It just sits in a rubbermaid bin. I need to find a hard shell case for it.
I agree 1000 %, flying with an LCD screen is soo much better than flying by goggles. Forget the numbers, and what you preconceive, once you try both, the large screen is just way better The only time I ever use goggles anymore is for direct sunlight, I need to build a shade for my LCD screen, yours is a good easy solution.

I am glad you got Your Dragon Link installed. Happy flying !

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor