SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,109 Posts
I know im not brilliant but here it goes. Whats so difficult about producing we shall say. 100 different model types...making we would say 10,000 of them a month...and 5000 of each model in parts...and selling the rest as kit,rtf or pnp? Its not like there isnt a demand for such planes or parts..why are they so lame about parts or keeping birds in stock.
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:08 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,535 Posts
Kids run these factories. 18-25 year old is the norm. The factory owners typically never go to the factory like in other countries. They are playing ma jong or going to big banquet lunches with perspective customers. Middle management if your lucky are in their mid thirties, but you can typically count them on one hand for a factory of over two hundred employees. That being said spare parts are probably not even on their radar.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,109 Posts
I am not taking offense. I know what you are saying...but I am 25 and have thought what I posted above for a few years now. I see what your saying though..its just nuts and they are losing good money. I bet if I had spare parts I could make a mint just like the rest of us selling to fellow rcgroups people. We need parts...and we have the resources to get them with.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:44 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,535 Posts
Glad your not offended P-51. I must sound like the grouchy old man. I 'm just always shocked to see how young everyone is when I walk around these Chinese factories. Kinda the feeling you get when you walk into your old elementary school only this time your are the parent.
Most of these companies have very little knowledge of what the end user wants, just the middlemen that place the orders. Face it, parts to a middleman is probably a giant pain in the rear compared to making a kit. Same shipping( packaging) and accounting cost for way less money.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,109 Posts
No,you are no more of a grouchy old man anymore than I am a whinning 25 year old. Lol. Just seems if anything could follow a logic one day it would be great. or at least logical for the customer
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:27 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,401 Posts
P-51 flyby......just beat the system....since we know there are no spare parts....find an inverstor...like your parents...just kidding.... and buy 10 p-51's from hobbyking....open boxes and stock pile all parts... sell parts at profit price to US market.
And if you give excellent customer service on your parts....you'll have a better reputation then Hobbyking, Banana Hobby and Nitroplanes ..
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:32 PM
352nd FGA
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Finally! Look who is here. Where are you hiding? Did you find the way how to make a tail retract?
Alrus1 is offline Find More Posts by Alrus1
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:50 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrus1 View Post
Finally! Look who is here. Where are you hiding? Did you find the way how to make a tail retract?
A...Not hiding....just some unfortunate minor health issues....but I seem to be back on my feet now.

I never did the tail wheel, in-fact after I did maiden the P-51, it flew so much like a trainer that I decided to sell it (before anything broke due to NO spare parts) and get something a little more challenging.....as im trying to increase the balsa aircraft in the hanger....but like you, im a P-51 nut and had to try it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:26 AM
Barrel Roll Joe
United States, NY
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Props!!!!!!!

IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flyin High 2 is offline Find More Posts by Flyin High 2
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:27 AM
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
283 Posts
I got email notification that the props are back in stock at HK. I see they are all aready gone. Anyone know how fast they sold out?
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:35 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,535 Posts
8 hours
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:51 AM
Barrel Roll Joe
United States, NY
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Wow you would think they would be a lil smarter and order more than 10
Your better off just placing the order while they are out and be guaranteed the prop when it becomes available again in june lol
Flyin High 2 is offline Find More Posts by Flyin High 2
Last edited by Flyin High 2; Apr 03, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:35 PM
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
283 Posts
Once again HK = FAIL.
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:51 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin High 2 View Post
Your better off just placing the order while they are out and be guaranteed the prop when it becomes available again in june lol
Or better yet, do what I did and sell the P-51, now I don't have to think about HK's out of stock problem....
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:58 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,047 Posts
LOL... sell the plane. A definite option.
Though I am having fun with my 11x10 prop on it anyway.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!