HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Get Real, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 07:14 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,997 Posts
Discussion
3DHS Extra In Yard Pack Comparison

Ordered some new servos and packs from rcplanebuilder to try out,the extra has been a test bed for a lot of things since ive been thinning the heard around here to make room for some new stuff.

3D Epp Plane Pack Comparison (7 min 20 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2011, 06:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
hey,
are you testing the dsm-44? if so, where did you have them located? ie... pull-pull elevator,1 for both ailerons, what voltage, your view or opinion. would you use them on your pink zilla?
i hope that's not too many questions. some people post a little info about what their doing and when you ask them about it they say it's private testing or some other hooey... why tell us you're even doing it?

sorry, almost got to ranting there for a minute,
rateoneturn
rateoneturn is offline Find More Posts by rateoneturn
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:25 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rateoneturn View Post
hey,
are you testing the dsm-44? if so, where did you have them located? ie... pull-pull elevator,1 for both ailerons, what voltage, your view or opinion. would you use them on your pink zilla?
i hope that's not too many questions. some people post a little info about what their doing and when you ask them about it they say it's private testing or some other hooey... why tell us you're even doing it?

sorry, almost got to ranting there for a minute,
rateoneturn
The dsm 44 servos spec out much better than a lot of servos in there class.. especially for the price so i wanted to try them,they were under 10 bucks each. There metal geared,very quick and have lots of torque for there size. I couldnt tell you the exact voltage they are running at,what ever a hobbyking 12 amp esc puts out.. im guessing 5-6 volts. I do know for sure the dsm 44s are a heck of a lot faster on the exact same set up than futaba 3114s ive run prior in the extra and many other planes this size. The servos are in the standard locations with the same hardware and linkage set up the plane comes with but because there smaller in overall size than futabas or hxt's etc i added scrap epp to shim the servo openings in the plane,i did use the ply servo arms that came with the plane to get full throw for 3d since the servo arms included with the dsm 44s are the standard variety size that doesnt give huge throws without extended arms. So far the only draw back to them is the gear train isnt as tight as the futabas so theres a bit more gear slop. Theres more info and pics and weights etc on them HERE. I wouldnt use them in ''Yakzilla''.. dont have a pinkzilla plane but maybe i'll name the next one that.. the larger 46-48'' size planes i cut out are usually in the 30oz range and these servos wouldnt be up to the task in a 3d foamie that large but im looking at other sizes of power hd servos for various applications as well,i'll probably order some of the smaller lighter ones for some depron planes as well in the 5oz auw range or less. Theres nothing private about it,if there was i wouldnt of posted any video,info,pics etc.. Its called giving back to the hobby. If someones testing prototype gear etc.. then maybe they shouldnt post it in public if there not gonna give you a straight answer.. to each there own on that. As for me im usually very open about feedback and post video of what im doing with planes,cars etc .
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member