HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:15 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,135 Posts
So it's not just me. Not sure if that is good news or bad news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Unbelievable........

Shapeways stuffed up my new order... AGAIN!!!

My parcel arrived this morning and excitedly, I shook out my button retracts from their packet. I inspected them one after another for quality and operation, thinking "Gee! I picked up three of the same side in a row, what's the chances of that?...." Then, picking up the 4th, 5th, and 6th item revealed the whole lot are all the same ( no left and right sided retracts)!!

I even named the item "Button retract set - 3 LEFT HAND and 3 RIGHT HAND" to help them realise they are not all the same so they wouldn't assume anything like they did last time.

An unhappy email was sent to them this morning...... more wasted time.... more waiting...
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:24 PM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,230 Posts
Does Shapeways have a lock on the market??? May be time to seek out an alternate company. Seems like things are hitting the skids. I feel for you guys, all the time and effort.

Ksqm
ksqm is online now Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:14 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
The other option I know of is Ponoko, but they are much more expensive and I don't think they are capable of producing the kind of detail we want.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:58 AM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
845 Posts
In france, there is Sculpteo. have a look.

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/
indoor_fr is offline Find More Posts by indoor_fr
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:00 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,190 Posts
sculpteo and i.materialise are my other printer choices....

They have apologised for the error, which they found was the printer guy taking one model out of the group and printing 6 without checking if they were different. They have organised a new print order and it is now in the queue.

Fingers crossed.....
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:13 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,135 Posts
Nitro, you just aren't thinking big enough on this Shapeways project.

From today's Age:

Can you program a 3D printer to build an entire building? Architect Janjaap Ruijssenaars wants to try. The Dutch architect has laid out plans for Landscape House - a structure that looks like a Mobius strip or "one surface folded over into an endless band", as he describes it.
To build it, he plans to use a 3D printer called D-Shape that will lay down thin layers of sand that combine with a bonding agent to create a material that is reportedly akin to marble.

The Landscape House will be printed in chunks 6 metres by 9 metres. Each structure will be built from the bottom up, in a series of 5mm layers of sand deposit. When the building is done, workers will brush away the loose sand to reveal the bonded sand structure underneath.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/...#ixzz2IlS8SAAc
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:29 AM
Flying Dutchman!
Nederland, FL, Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2011
338 Posts
Yeah that's somebody out of my country :-p
robertboxhoorn is offline Find More Posts by robertboxhoorn
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:21 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,190 Posts
A big thank you to GrooveChampion (Nathan) here locally who donated a couple of UM T-28 body/wing sets so I could work on the steerable nose wheel version of the button retracts.

With these recent Shapeways stuff ups of my orders, they've really dragged out the design process but I am hoping the latest set due this week will be the final version.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:09 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,190 Posts
..And right on queue, the UPS guy called in this morning with my Button Retracts.

I am happy to report they finally got the order right and I have 3 correct pairs of Button Retracts.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:30 AM
SPOOOOOOON!
Joined Oct 2006
272 Posts
I see recently(?) you did some cleanup on the store. I had marked the retracts as a favorite so I could find them again when they were ready, and now they are gone.

Still looking forward to ordering a set or three.

kj
kmj73us is offline Find More Posts by kmj73us
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:45 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,190 Posts
Yes, they were removed and a new set placed in the store. These are the ones I am in the process of testing right now.

I've made the new set public.
Old Jul 06, 2013, 09:06 AM
Knife-Edge
Joined Mar 2013
188 Posts
25mm edf case and tgy 1230

Ok Nitrocharged I've seen the BAE T-45 video about a million times and thought I should give it a go. But first I wanted to pick up the electronics. Do you think that I could use
http://www.shapeways.com/model/44491...ductBox-search

with the
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9069

would get a good amount of thrust on 3s (around 100-150 grams). If so what blade setup should I use. I have heard a lot about the gws cut down to 3 blades but I dont know which one you guys are talking about. And if I cut it down would it even fit on the 1230's shaft. Thanks and I look forward to your new creations to come.
servohead117 is offline Find More Posts by servohead117
Old Jul 07, 2013, 12:08 AM
Willits, CA
Joined Oct 2003
334 Posts
Nitrocharged,
How about cw and ccw blades for EDF40's or UMX 28mm or any of the 27 to 40mm class
of EDF's ??
There's a couple projects I want to try building that need counter rotating blades
Dré is offline Find More Posts by Dré
Old Aug 21, 2013, 08:00 AM
Australia, QLD, Morningside
Joined Jul 2008
153 Posts
G'day Nitro et al,

Just stumbled across this thread and videos and wanted to commend you on your work so far.

Well done!

Tom
badwookie is offline Find More Posts by badwookie
Old Aug 22, 2013, 04:10 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,190 Posts
Servohead - use a rotor adapter from GWS to hold on the rotor as the shafts heat up and let the rotor go.

Dré - PM me and I'll see what we can come up with.

badwookie - thanks! I did notice yesterday the hits on the video are closing in on 40,000 views.