HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:03 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
988 Posts
Help!
is this the right brushless motor and esc for genius cp?

http://www.helidirect.com/walkera-br...1-p-17789.hdx?

is this the right brushless speed control for the walkera genius cp?

does anyone know where I can purhase the HP03S brushless motor? instock?



or will this motor work for the genious cp? http://helidirect.com/brushless-motor-mcpx-p-24663.hdx

thanks
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Oct 24, 2011 at 03:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:05 PM
Registered User
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
That's the tail esc that i just ordered a couple hours ago. As far as i know, that is the one we need.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:14 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
That is the correct ESC/Converter.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...66&postcount=2


Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:22 PM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
http://www.helidirect.com/walkera-br...1-p-17789.hdx?

is this the right brushless speed control for the walkera genius cp?

does anyone know where I can purhase the HP03S brushless motor? instock?

thanks
HP03 which is a Oversky motor? You can buy directly from Overskyrc.com. They sell that motor 15,000kv the hard part will be finding the right pinion which the stock pinion may need to be geared down. DK was just talking about that motor yesterday check out Genius CP thread. Good luck.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Last edited by vronny; Oct 06, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:20 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
988 Posts
will this motor work for the genious cp? http://helidirect.com/brushless-motor-mcpx-p-24663.hdx

thanks again guys
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:37 AM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
will this motor work for the genious cp? http://helidirect.com/brushless-motor-mcpx-p-24663.hdx

thanks again guys
That is the motor I have in my BL Genius from Wow. Just use the stock pinion an your set. I was surprise by the power in this heli for such a tiny motor. That HP03S is a powerful motor but to much for stock pinion.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:15 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
HP03 which is a Oversky motor? You can buy directly from Overskyrc.com. They sell that motor 15,000kv the hard part will be finding the right pinion which the stock pinion may need to be geared down. DK was just talking about that motor yesterday check out Genius CP thread. Good luck.
A little dear, but you can get pinions down to 6t for a 1mm shaft...

http://www.shop.kkpmo.com/index.php/...f27dc2314cc4fb

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:41 AM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
A little dear, but you can get pinions down to 6t for a 1mm shaft...

http://www.shop.kkpmo.com/index.php/...f27dc2314cc4fb

regards,
Bill
I know about that place but I'm not looking for one. Too much trouble. I already have a BL Genius
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I'm looking at a 3gm main...but the HP03S may not be the one. There are lower kv motors that will make it easier/cheaper.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:26 AM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
I'm looking at a 3gm main...but the HP03S may not be the one. There are lower kv motors that will make it easier/cheaper.
My C05 works great but know that they will probably come out the HP05-2 with the right gear just like on the mcpx soon specially Wow. I like the main gear on the Genius doesn't really strip in a crash. Not a fine tooth gear like all the other micros. The have a HP03 with about 8000kv but the HP03S is more 15,000kv DK said he needed to gear down smaller than stock gear.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:45 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Yeah, the 8000kv motor will be easier to work with. I bet I can get Jason to make a mount for the HP03t.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:16 AM
Registered User
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Yeah, the 8000kv motor will be easier to work with. I bet I can get Jason to make a mount for the HP03t.
The C05 has 11,500kv as tiny as it is. I know you an your weight saving mods. The C05 is only is 4.3g-4.5g but has enough power for this heli but I know you.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:38 PM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
you know me!
I do have a CO5 and the esc/converter. I don't wanna get into a situation where blowing out the tail is a problem. I think a 3gm main will be "safe" in that respect.

Bogging may be the new problem

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:50 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I have a 7t and 8t pinion on their way to try on the HP03. I actually tried a sample HP05 11,000kv motor on the stock pinion and the tail blew out inverted. Whoopsie. Too much torque for the stock tail motor I think. I also have 10t and 11t pinions to try on the stock and C05 motors. The thing is, those aftermarket pinions are really loud because of the gear mod. Reminds me of the old 4#3 which explains why it had a plastic pinion. We shall see. So far, the best choice is the C05 on stock pinion IMO.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 03:01 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I have a 7t and 8t pinion on their way to try on the HP03. I actually tried a sample HP05 11,000kv motor on the stock pinion and the tail blew out inverted. Whoopsie. Too much torque for the stock tail motor I think. I also have 10t and 11t pinions to try on the stock and C05 motors. The thing is, those aftermarket pinions are really loud because of the gear mod. Reminds me of the old 4#3 which explains why it had a plastic pinion. We shall see. So far, the best choice is the C05 on stock pinion IMO.
I just ordered mine so will be awaiting your results. I got the brushed version cus not sure if I wanna use the HP03 or the C05. I'm guessing the HP03 will shave over 1g off the weight.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review Walkera Genius CP Review - Pictures, Video, Brushless Mod, Genius VS mCPX Tom Z Micro Helis 532 Dec 23, 2014 09:39 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 15 Dec 03, 2014 12:27 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP issue resolved! Tom Z Micro Helis 44 Jan 03, 2012 11:56 PM
Discussion Setting Up Walkera 2603 for Genius CP Heli BernieHeli Electric Heli Talk 4 Oct 05, 2011 07:55 PM
Sold Walkera Devo7 with rtf Genius cp.... magic_marty Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 23, 2011 01:10 AM