HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:39 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,338 Posts
Discussion
USA F5D Pylon Team selection contest!

For all those that have F5D type planes here is your chance for glory! In a little over two weeks SEFSD will host the team selection trials in San Diego. As of now most of the old hands are not going to attend, leaving the team spots open to new blood. So far there are very few signed up. As of today if you just show up you likely will earn a spot on the team

The contest days are the 22nd and 23rd of October with the evening of the 21st for model checking.

A few of us F5B fliers who have racers will likely join just to chase the hot fliers around.

Steve Neu
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 08:26 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,639 Posts
Would that I could.

I aspire to own and fly an F5D ship - working my way up to it. Thinking of a Viper this winter, but won't be in time for the trials.

What an opportunity though!

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:44 AM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
I'll dig through my stuff to find some spare limiters if anyone needs them. Not sure I can make it down but if anybody needs some help till then feel free to contact me. Send a PM and we can exchange info...
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:08 AM
Andover
Joined Oct 2004
118 Posts
Curious

Why the dis-interest or lack there of this year?
daven is offline Find More Posts by daven
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:51 AM
Joined Dec 1999
7,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daven View Post
Why the dis-interest or lack there of this year?
Not sure about F5D but F5B actually had a number of new people flying and doing quite well.

It seems to go in cycles and I am guessing that with the economy being as it is some people sort of money for their go fast planes.

Tune up your planes and pay the entry fees to AMA and come fly! We will do what ever we can to help get a good team selected.

Steve Neu
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:22 PM
USA
Joined Jul 2002
746 Posts
Dave/Steve,

I cannot speak for everyone, but I am personally not interested in going to Romania again. Travis and I just got back from Australia, and there is new interest in F5D. Bruce DeChastel is working on a new airplane and there will be a team from Japan this year.

So, I don't think interest is dwindling. For me my priorities are shifting. I like F5D, I just have too much on my plate right now to devote the time and money.

The San Diego group is a first class group and anyone wanting to go, it would be worth the trip to hang out with some of the best guys in the country.

DK
dkane is online now Find More Posts by dkane
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:34 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkane View Post
Dave/Steve,

I cannot speak for everyone, but I am personally not interested in going to Romania again. Travis and I just got back from Australia, and there is new interest in F5D. Bruce DeChastel is working on a new airplane and there will be a team from Japan this year.

So, I don't think interest is dwindling. For me my priorities are shifting. I like F5D, I just have too much on my plate right now to devote the time and money.

The San Diego group is a first class group and anyone wanting to go, it would be worth the trip to hang out with some of the best guys in the country.

DK
Romania was not my first choice ----although the people that went to the F5B European champs this year said the place was quite nice.

Steve Neu
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:52 PM
Scotland
Joined May 2005
2,056 Posts
Steve, I don't think there was an F5B European championship this year, and not in Romania. There was one in 2009, in a different place in Romania, with five teams.
This year there was a Space Models world championship in Buzau, Romania, and one of the 1996 UK Prague team was there, so were are hoping to get a report from him.
George Shering is online now Find More Posts by George Shering
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:06 PM
USA
Joined Jul 2002
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu View Post
Romania was not my first choice ----although the people that went to the F5B European champs this year said the place was quite nice.

Steve Neu
I understand. I still do not care to spend any time in Romania. No offense to anyone. Just been there done that. I will say Romania was better than Ukraine though.

DK
dkane is online now Find More Posts by dkane
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:22 PM
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
Getting ready to go to a World Champs with the intent to do well involves a lot of time and energy. It is basically a second job. So I made the decision based on many factors that I wouldn't try out this go-around if I didn't have that extra time and energy to take it seriously. Career and family are first priorities and hobbies should be fun and rewarding, but not detracting from the first two. I also just moved 50 miles further from my practice field to have more time for my first priorities. But as I said, I am in total support of anyone wanting to give it a try and maybe this is a good way to get some new faces here (US) in F5D.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2011, 04:21 AM
Israel
Joined May 2006
262 Posts
New F5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkane View Post
Dave/Steve,

Travis and I just got back from Australia, and there is new interest in F5D. Bruce DeChastel is working on a new airplane and there will be a team from Japan this year.

DK
Dan hi
what ship is Bruce making now ? any news on this
3D-Novice is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Novice
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
Here you go...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=43
http://www.bigbruceracing.com/files/T0301-002C.pdf
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:02 PM
Joined Oct 2006
9 Posts
hi,
im a beginner f5d in france and i would like to programm correctly my castle 125A with NeuMotor 1115/1y with lipo hyprerions 4s-45c-2200mah-prop graupner 5,2x5,2.
in fact,motor cut few time in fly,i don't know why.
is someone can help me giving to me values for this set up?(programming with castle link).
timming?frequency?etc..
sorry for poor language
chc799 is offline Find More Posts by chc799
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:06 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,540 Posts
So how'd it go?
Wish there were more hours in the day so I could do this...
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:35 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,163 Posts
Quote:
im a beginner f5d in france and i would like to programm correctly my castle 125A with NeuMotor 1115/1y with lipo hyprerions 4s-45c-2200mah-prop graupner 5,2x5,2.
in fact,motor cut few time in fly,i don't know why
It is likely to be the low voltage cutoff. set it to 4.0V not 4.0V/cell but 4.0V total. this was a problem I saw in Japan recently and the solution was to change low voltage cutoff. For other setting check the FAQ section of the Neu web site.
David H is offline Find More Posts by David H