SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:08 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Discussion
uh oh California!

Feds are getting ready to shut down the pot houses on you poor folks..no more weed for the sick.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:12 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Ha ha ha, dude you are such a buzz-kill. The party’s over in CA it would seem.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:20 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Evidently Obama has changed his mind since his campaign. Listen to the last about 30 seconds.

Barack Obama and Medical Marijuana (interview Q&A) (2 min 32 sec)

Interesting they are going after dispensaries that contribute revenue to the state and feds.
Buran is offline Find More Posts by Buran
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:25 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Hmmm did I miss breaking news?

I think pot should be legalized and taxed, but California’s “medicinal marijuana dispensaries” are a total sham. I know a few people with prescriptions and I know a kid that works at a dispensary, and I’ll bet 95% of the customers have no medical need – they just want to get high.

Legalize it, tax it, be done with it...
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:26 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
This is hardball and I'm surprised Obama would do this to an important and large segment of his base.
Quote:
Federal prosecutors are cracking down on some pot dispensaries in California, warning the stores that they must shut down in 45 days or face criminal charges and confiscation of their property even if they are operating legally under the state's 15-year-old medical marijuana law.
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Oct 06, 2011, 08:05 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiessCo View Post
Hmmm did I miss breaking news?

I think pot should be legalized and taxed, but Californiaís ďmedicinal marijuana dispensariesĒ are a total sham. I know a few people with prescriptions and I know a kid that works at a dispensary, and Iíll bet 95% of the customers have no medical need Ė they just want to get high.

Agreed.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Oct 06, 2011, 08:10 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,796 Posts
I have always wanted to try it for my arthritis pain.....but only if it is legal
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 06, 2011, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
USA, NV, Caliente
Joined Mar 2009
1,163 Posts
I was pretty shocked to pick up a magazine los gatos and see an ad for home delivery of weed. That is bad, it could kill people, eventually. I mean, as long as someone can order weed, and order pizza, what motivation will there be to leave the house?
crypto666 is offline Find More Posts by crypto666
Old Oct 06, 2011, 08:27 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
Feds are getting ready to shut down the pot houses on you poor folks..no more weed for the sick.

as if.

all it means is that black market dealers are doing a little jig because their favorite price support personell are about to provide the impetus for increased demand for their product and prices going up.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:14 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,485 Posts
Quote:
I agree completely. I have seen way more problems caused by booze than I have by weed. I mean come on when was the last time you saw a violent pot head
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:22 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,860 Posts
I don't know... I'd say weed played a factor in the Obama presidency.
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Quote:
Agreed. You'd think at a time where from the lowest to highest levels of government, they are hurting for 'revenue', someone would 'get it'... obviously the politicians on all sides are brain dead yet again... though on this sort of issue, it's usually the 'right' leading the charge of the blind...
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:51 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
Agreed. You'd think at a time where from the lowest to highest levels of government, they are hurting for 'revenue', someone would 'get it'... obviously the politicians on all sides are brain dead yet again... though on this sort of issue, it's usually the 'right' leading the charge of the blind...
My guess is they have been saying pot is evil etc for so long they either believe what they are saying or the more likely scenario is they don't know how to change directions with out looking like fools.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:52 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickegan View Post
I don't know... I'd say weed played a factor in the Obama presidency.
You know, weíre getting to a time when it wonít be unusual to find high level politicians who didnít experiment with marijuana in their youth. I donít have a problem with that, except when they claim they didnít inhale; please.

Personally, I think Marijuana should be legalized and administered as alcohol is. I would rather my boy drive after a couple hits, rather than a couple drinks. Obviously neither would be preferable, Iím not naive.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:54 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
My guess is they have been saying pot is evil etc for so long they either believe what they are saying or the more likely scenario is they don't know how to change directions with out looking like fools.
In the beginning, it was about race. Currently itís about power.