Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 06, 2011, 05:58 AM
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Discussion
twist caused by landing gear install on 1.3# 9mm epp

hey,
as the title says, anyone ever encounter this on a profile before?
this was an sbach auw = 40+ oz's 42" w/s with 4mm square carbon in fuse with 9mm doublers full length on each side. tried 2 diff. types of gear, from even with le of wing almost back to cog. to no avail. if you were in the cockpit twist in rear frame and tail was to port. take weight off of gear and twist was gone until i left the gear on over weekend and then the twist never left again. gear was dubro micro profile 935(?) and some no-name aluminum after market stuff.

any thoughts or insight, whether constructive or vindictive is accepted,
rateoneturn

and before some thoughtful person tells me that double posting is frowned upon or against the rules the other post has been closed and the realtor put up a sign that said "moved"
rateoneturn is offline Find More Posts by rateoneturn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:11 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
If you loosen the LG screws, does it un-twist?
Might be the landing gear bed(s) warped?
Rick
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
hey rick,
no it doesn't or didn't. the only thing that would untwist it was taking the weight off of the l/gear.
i have since saved the wing and with much prejudice pulled the rest apart by hand in a fit of rage. even at rest in the plastic garbage bag, in pieces, it is still twisted as we speak or type i'm looking at the wing and it's new "body" and wondering if i should try it again without knowing what caused it initially. i really don't care about the landing gear or the tires, it's the damned wheel pants i like the look of. if 3d aircraft didn't have wheel pants i'd probably be flying crop dusters and huffing pesticides.
oh well

rot
rateoneturn is offline Find More Posts by rateoneturn
Closed Thread