HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banzi28, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:57 PM
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Discussion
Steve Jobs Dies at 56 - Apple.com shows memorial picture

Sad He'd been fighting health issues for a long time. I use a Macbook Pro myself and always admired his conviction for his long-term vision, even if how he got there was sometimes questionable.

RIP Steve.
banzi28 is offline Find More Posts by banzi28
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:45 AM
O <- this a ground loop
Japan
Joined Nov 2010
514 Posts
What a sad loss today indeed.

When someone like this leaves us it kind of freezes the moment in time in your memory for years to come.

Thankyou Steve for making technology fun and enjoyable for everyone.
devfor is offline Find More Posts by devfor
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:56 PM
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
Jobs said this bout with pancreatic cancer “was the closest I’ve been to facing death, and I hope it’s the closest I get for a few more decades,” said Jobs in his 2005 Stanford commencement speech – that’s viewed as part of Jobs multi-faceted range as both an inventor and scientists and master businessman, but also a creator of ideas, words and art forms.

Note: The Jobs quotes are from a transcript released on boston.com Oct. 5.

“Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept: No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because ‘Death’ is very likely the single best invention of ‘Life.’ It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the news is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.”

Jobs, with a strangely haunting look on his face, then told the Stanford graduates that:

-- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”

-- “Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”

-- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”

“And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Good Steve. Bad Steve. I never liked the bad Steve, but I admired the Good Steve. The one who changed the world. RIP.
banzi28 is offline Find More Posts by banzi28