SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:26 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8 Posts
Discussion
SYMA S107G Help Needed!

I recently purchased an original S107 online i have had it less than a week and it has been awesome, right up until now i cannot fly, no stability at all. Soon as it gets lift the upper rotor blades hit the balance bar and it comes crashing down.

I took the upper part to pieces to see what was wrong and i noticed in the upper rotor grip one side has a very small black piece of plastic inserted into one side. I then ordered a replacement part online a got a Upper Blade Grip set From Here

All i received was the two grips and the rotor support that goes underneath. No black pieces at all, is there any way i can get one of these from anywhere or does anyone know a quick fix as now the upper rotor blade is completely useless as it isnt balance and without the same piece on each side im pretty screwed...

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!
deen0 is offline Find More Posts by deen0
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2011, 10:22 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,271 Posts
If you live in the USA, most buy their Syma parts from here:
http://www.xheli.com/s107.html

Original parts!! No matter where you buy, watch out for the shipping charges.

Mike.

BTW, welcome
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:45 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
You need the inner shaft. It comes with the piece that you need. You probably do not need to replace the shaft itself, just remove the plastic head from the new one and replace your broken one. Save the new inner shaft for later if needed.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Deen0. If I'm not mistaken, I think one of the pins of the rotor head is broken and it's stuck inside of your upper blade grip. Take a closer look at the grip you have and compare with the new one you received and see if there is a pin stuck in there. If so, TSq is correct in that you need to order the inner shaft, which comes with the rotor head assembly. Based on your first purchase, I'm guessing that you're in the UK. Here's the LINK for the other part. Take a good look at the picture and compare that to your helicopter. Is yours missing a piece?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 07, 2011, 08:11 AM
Joined Oct 2011
1 Posts
I have snapped the lugs off the top rotor, same as deen0.
Can find replacement S107 main shaft in Australia, but not S105G.
Have read elsewhere that the S107G & S105G are identical.
Anyone know if the shafts really are identical?
TIA
aaar1au is offline Find More Posts by aaar1au
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:01 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, i fitted replacement parts without the 2 parts im missing just to see how it would fly and now the top head vibrates alot and has the toilet bowl effect, yea i got caught on charges with previous part i bought it was 1.66 for parts and ended up paying 5 delivery hence the reason i came to get some advice haha id end up spending more than a new one on spares :-P
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:34 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8 Posts
Ahh just had a look at the part you linked for me i thought the 2 pieces were actually seperate pieces not a part of the shaft itself makes more sense now. Thanks for the advice people il get this new part and let you know how it goes. Also can anyone recommend a cheapish heli i can use outdoors??