HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:07 PM
NW NW Washington
Joined Aug 2007
688 Posts
Rave
Good Service from Harbor Models

Another example of the great service provided by Dave at Harbor Models. I just ordered a Prop Shop wheel from him, and specified a 5 mm thread to match my shaft. But I noted on the order form that my size prop comes as 3/16", which is slightly smaller than 5 mm. Dave called to make sure that is what I wanted, and said he will run a 5 mm tap in the prop to make sure it fits my shaft.
CGAux26 is offline Find More Posts by CGAux26
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 07:19 PM
Joined Aug 2005
143 Posts
harbor models

Daves a great guy to deal with. He stands behind everything he sells.
tc432 is offline Find More Posts by tc432
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:32 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,521 Posts
I've had nothing but great service from Harbor.
green-boat is online now Find More Posts by green-boat
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:34 AM
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2003
1,285 Posts
I too am very pleased with Harbor Models. Some of the best service received from a vendor.

Thank you Harbor Models!!!!!

Greg
Greg Knipp is offline Find More Posts by Greg Knipp
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:20 AM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,060 Posts
I'm down... ordered a pair of 4 blade screws on Monday, they were in my mail box on Wednesday, sweet.
woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:07 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,417 Posts
Yes...a vendor that really cares about service and doing what's right....two thumbs up here too....
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:34 AM
Western , Pennsylvania
Joined Feb 2009
376 Posts
Always good and fast service from Harbor Models!!

Marc
crowman17 is offline Find More Posts by crowman17
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:46 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,375 Posts
Same here, Dave is very high on the list of great vendors ...
Knows what he is talking about and always has positive and helpful suggestions.
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:49 PM
Straight up is all I ask
Fairfield Ct USA
Joined Apr 2002
2,313 Posts
I love Harbor Models too
jmolwitz is offline Find More Posts by jmolwitz
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:17 PM
Just Limin'
United States, NJ, East Brunswick
Joined Nov 2008
1,353 Posts
I've ordered several parts from Harbor Models over the past year or so and have nothing but good things to say. Always ordered right online and the item(s) have been shipped to me quickly. I usually try and order right after I come home from the pond on Sunday, after I broke, lost whatever it is I need. The order has never arrived later than Friday. Great Service.

I am thinking about a sound unit and new motor for my rotating radar for my Happy Hunter and upgrading the props for both my Happy Hunter and Brutus this Winter, all which will be gotten from Harbor Models.

Scott
laser110 is offline Find More Posts by laser110
Old Oct 06, 2011, 11:23 AM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined May 2007
1,534 Posts
I have nothing but nice things to say about Harbor Models. I have ordered a bunch of things from them over the years and itís always has been a pleasant experience. Like M.A.C.K. and a handful of other great vendors, they are truly an asset to us scale model boaters.

-Rich.
RICH404 is offline Find More Posts by RICH404
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:50 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,805 Posts
I had an opportunity to visit Harbor Models in person today.

Dave is a real fine gentleman and host. He is also a very funny guy and we had a lot of laughs talking about not only scale model boating but other 'stuff'.

His mini warehouse is a candy store for model boat people. All that brass on the wall from props is near blinding. Looks like gold.

All his accessories are neatly hung up on the walls in rows so that they can be quickly picked and packed for shipping.

Also there was Dave's "right hand man". His name is Nick, he is a younger fella and he is actually the one who pulls, packs, and ships the goods. He is also the webmaster for Harbor Models. A real fine young man and a pleasure to meet and talk to also today.

I suggested to Dave that he take a couple of pictures of his walls and post them on the Harbor Models website so that we can drool over all the goodies. I know I had wondered for years what it looked like at his place.

Needless to say, Harbor Models is very well stocked and that is why it is not uncommon to have your goods shipped the next day, if not the same day you order it.

Although he does not have a regular 'brick and mortar' store front, he welcomes customers to come in person. You just need to phone ahead and schedule a convenient time.

I had a really good time this afternoon.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:57 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Oregon
Joined Oct 2008
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
I had an opportunity to visit Harbor Models in person today.

Dave is a real fine gentleman and host. He is also a very funny guy and we had a lot of laughs talking about not only scale model boating but other 'stuff'.

His mini warehouse is a candy store for model boat people. All that brass on the wall from props is near blinding. Looks like gold.

All his accessories are neatly hung up on the walls in rows so that they can be quickly picked and packed for shipping.

Also there was Dave's "right hand man". His name is Nick, he is a younger fella and he is actually the one who pulls, packs, and ships the goods. He is also the webmaster for Harbor Models. A real fine young man and a pleasure to meet and talk to also today.

I suggested to Dave that he take a couple of pictures of his walls and post them on the Harbor Models website so that we can drool over all the goodies. I know I had wondered for years what it looked like at his place.

Needless to say, Harbor Models is very well stocked and that is why it is not uncommon to have your goods shipped the next day, if not the same day you order it.

Although he does not have a regular 'brick and mortar' store front, he welcomes customers to come in person. You just need to phone ahead and schedule a convenient time.

I had a really good time this afternoon.
Lucky! Someday, along with a trip to Spreckels lake in S.F. I would like to join the Irregulars at Hansen Dam and see Harbor Models in person. Now where is that time I was saving?
xx29l9 is offline Find More Posts by xx29l9
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:21 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,417 Posts
Yea...lucky dog...where's the pics Tom? Tell em Crash says hey next time...I bet that is a ugly word to them by now...
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:30 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,805 Posts
I did mention you when I was there. That was when I got thrown out.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot