Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
You can mix and match, too. I have a parallel board with deans and the balance connectors. To charge the 2S bats with the JST connectors, I use a JST cable and get the balance from the para board. That way I don't need a balance cable for the JST bats.

Nice to be able to charge 6 at once.
Yeah,that looks sweet! Ron
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Alias,a Love,Hate,Affair!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:10 PM
High Tech Red Neck
Joined Nov 2011
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFairbairn View Post
I'm using the Gens 2S 450's and getting 5 1/2 - 6 mins on the newer mtr with the 9" prop.
I charge right before I fly, takes 12 mins with Paraboard for 6, and leave them discharged until next time.
5 minutes is about tops,I can get on any battery I've tried! I must really stand on the throttle? I do like those straight up climbs at WOT to about 300ft! So I can do blenders forever, on the way back down! Ron
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:30 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Just don't mix different cell counts when parallel charging and if using different charge rates on batteries set the charge rate to the lowest rate.

Ex. A 5c and a 3c charge rates would be set to 3c when paracharging.

Started building my crack yak last night. Should I put the arms on the servos before gluing tue bottom fuse on?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
High Tech Red Neck
Joined Nov 2011
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Just don't mix different cell counts when parallel charging and if using different charge rates on batteries set the charge rate to the lowest rate.

Ex. A 5c and a 3c charge rates would be set to 3c when paracharging.

Started building my crack yak last night. Should I put the arms on the servos before gluing tue bottom fuse on?
I did on the aileron servo,but you really don't have to! You can bend the foam out of the way to get the screw in! Ron
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
Registered Abuser
United States, CT, Bethlehem
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Took my slick out for the first time today. This is my first non micro rc plane, hell this is my first plane that doesn't use the horizon hobby rx/esc/servo brick. I do not think I could have made a better choice. I was the entire time.

I am completely hooked on twisted hobbys planes. I was already sold on the customer service but now the product itself has ensured that the second I save up some money, it's heading their way. I need one at work for the occasional slow day, one in the car so I can stop at the field on the way home, and a few at home. Or I could just keep the slick with me at all times, but where's the fun in that?

Thanks Brad and Company for this phenomenal plane. First day back flying this year was a huge success.
astolenpose is offline Find More Posts by astolenpose
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:58 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astolenpose View Post
Took my slick out for the first time today. This is my first non micro rc plane, hell this is my first plane that doesn't use the horizon hobby rx/esc/servo brick. I do not think I could have made a better choice. I was the entire time.

I am completely hooked on twisted hobbys planes. I was already sold on the customer service but now the product itself has ensured that the second I save up some money, it's heading their way. I need one at work for the occasional slow day, one in the car so I can stop at the field on the way home, and a few at home. Or I could just keep the slick with me at all times, but where's the fun in that?

Thanks Brad and Company for this phenomenal plane. First day back flying this year was a huge success.
Congrats man! The new Slick is killer! Keep all your UMX stuff you might possibly need it for something neat in the future. In the meantime, get yourself a Crack Yak and ENJOY!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,626 Posts
Quote:

Congrats! They are incredible airplanes. A Crack Yak is a great next airplane and when you are ready, a Telink airplane is a great stepping stone to larger stuff...in 3D they feel almost exactly the same as a really good balsa plane. Just sayin'
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
... one in the car so I can stop at the field on the way home, ...
Just thinking... Not sure if you're aware of the proper way of storing these EPP planes (hung from the prop) but don't leave one in the car for long. EPP is tough but it will warp if left in the wrong position, especially in a hot temps, like baking in the car.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
Jim
Winchendon,MA
Joined Aug 2007
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Congrats man! The new Slick is killer! Keep all your UMX stuff you might possibly need it for something neat in the future. In the meantime, get yourself a Crack Yak and ENJOY!
jmoore is online now Find More Posts by jmoore
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:17 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Hmm, what could that mean?
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
Jim
Winchendon,MA
Joined Aug 2007
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Hmm, what could that mean?
Don't know for sure......but if Chris is referring to something coming down the line that could be sized to use UMX gear........I'm watching and waiting...
jmoore is online now Find More Posts by jmoore
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2009
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog View Post
Thanks,for the link! I just ordered some charging cables,and balance cables too! Should make life easier! Ron
Parallel charging is awesome! Makes your life so much easier - I, too, got all my cables from progressive RC. It's great to be able to charge all your batteries in one or two shots.
blueapplepaste is offline Find More Posts by blueapplepaste
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:56 AM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore View Post

All purchases on hold.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post

All purchases on hold.
Well my crack yak does say crack series on it, so I would expect a small yak 55. After flying umx planes though like the suk-26 I wont be going back, just didn't have enough power and a simple gust threw it all over the place.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:12 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
I'd like to see a Telink 44" Cap 232.

Just sayin'