OMG
What he said
IronHorse442 is offline Find More Posts by IronHorse442
Old Feb 07, 2012, 01:06 PM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,788 Posts
Yup! I just ordered one! I haven't beat up the old "orignal" Extra Slick yet,but couldn't resist this one! These 32" planes are addictive! Ron
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Alias,a Love,Hate,Affair!
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:09 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog View Post
Yup! I just ordered one! I haven't beat up the old "orignal" Extra Slick yet,but couldn't resist this one! These 32" planes are addictive! Ron
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:29 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Thus the name "CRACK" LOL!!
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:40 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
Twisted crew, the updated 32"Slick is now available. There will be an official thread started soon, but for now, here she is....

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-32-E...a-Slick-32.htm
Dosen't look like there is much of the "old" Slick left. But, I love the scheme and the colors.
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:42 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Except for the SFG's the shape is still screams EXTRA SLICK.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:47 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,959 Posts
It screamed it so loud that i just ordered one
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:59 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Lol!!!
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:36 PM
Free as a bird now.
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,602 Posts
Very, very nice!
Brian Courtice is online now Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Feb 08, 2012, 11:25 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Makes you wonder whats gona come next? Crazy 88 maybe?
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 08, 2012, 11:37 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,271 Posts
THAT'S WHAT I WANT! Crack 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Makes you wonder whats gona come next? Crazy 88 maybe?
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Non-Hypothetical question here. Say I wanted to give someone one of these Twisted Planes as a 4 Channel Trainer to someone who has been flying the UM Champ. And say the radio I could give them does NOT have Expo. (It would be a Dx5e).

1) Which plane could be tamed down the most? I'm guessing the new Xtra Slick but I'm not sure.

2) Obviously I would need to limit the travel a good bit on the servo arms. Maybe inside servo arms, outside horns.

3) Any other mods I should make?

4) What would be a good cheap battery charger for charging these 2s Lipos if that is all I care about for now.

What do you think? Is this a totally crazy idea? The alternative is something like the UM T-28 which was my 4 channel trainer. But I'm thinking this could be setup almost as gentle, would be more capable down the road, and more durable off the bat.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:03 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,925 Posts
Madratter,

I'm thinking the Vector as my understanding was it is intended as a "3D trainer".

Just what I have read - no personal experience with it.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:30 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madratter View Post
Non-Hypothetical question here. Say I wanted to give someone one of these Twisted Planes as a 4 Channel Trainer to someone who has been flying the UM Champ. And say the radio I could give them does NOT have Expo. (It would be a Dx5e).
Well since you asked....I feel the Edge is actually easier to fly than the Vector was and the Edge could take the place as in "3D Trainer" Hard to imagine that a plane as capable as the Edge could be for a beginner, but on low rates I don't see why not.

How do these compare? Well, being lucky enough to have plenty of stick time on all three of these badass backyard flyers I thought it would be a great time to share my feelings towards the new Extra Slick and how it compares to the Edge and Crack Yak.

When I had first flew the Edge I had felt it was in a class of its own when it comes to the smaller backyard EPP foamys. I had never felt such a crisp and precise flight out of EPP while retaining such durability and zero CF trussing. Then the Crack Yak came along and did everything the Edge could do and some...And boy thats a lot to ask considering how capable the Edge is. Now we are about to embark on the updated Extra Slick. A design that has been with Twisted Hobbys for many years now but getting the facelift it well deserves.

When flying all three and trying to determine how they compare the Slick falls right in between. Its gives you that added roll rate but not as intense as the Crack Yak. Zero coupling just like its 2 siblings and flys some very nice lines.

Whats great is they are all different in there own way and each will find their favorite. IMO from easiest to fly I would rate the Edge for beginner through advanced, Extra Slick for intermediate through advanced and the Crack Yak intermediate through advanced also.