HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:11 PM
Newpaltz, NY
Joined Dec 2009
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
Old School: yEdge 540 w/Nautical Scheme
Wow old school is right, I never got to fly one of these. At the time I had went from the Piper to the Vector.
JMeyers is offline Find More Posts by JMeyers
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hellcat
Joined Sep 2011
84 Posts
New Edge

I don't know if this was asked but I couldn't tell in the build video anything about the hinges. One of the main reasons for purchasing Twisted Hobbys products was due to fact that I did not have to do any of the glue and hinge method. Are these pre-hinged as well?
Warchild is offline Find More Posts by Warchild
Old Oct 08, 2011, 06:45 PM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I don't know if this was asked but I couldn't tell in the build video anything about the hinges. One of the main reasons for purchasing Twisted Hobbys products was due to fact that I did not have to do any of the glue and hinge method. Are these pre-hinged as well?
I got to fly the prototype and if it stays the way I saw it you dont have to do any hingeing, you'll love it. It definitely sets a new bar on construction ,I'll leave any official details to brad.
jamesrini is online now Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:24 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,197 Posts
I know I would be first in-line to buy a Twisted Hobbys T-shirt

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:29 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Yes, all the RCF planes are pre hinged as well. Actually they have live hinges cut into the EPP but in any case you do not have to hinge them.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:54 PM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
I know I would be first in-line to buy a Twisted Hobbys T-shirt

MLT
What would you all like to have on TH shirt?
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:08 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,665 Posts
Here are some ideas, I was trying to come up with some clever tag lines that apply to the Twisted Hobbies airframes. If any one has any others they would like to see let me know I will do a sample. If nothing else this is a place to start.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:28 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
Teaser pic's of the 32" Sbach's, they will be coming in the same time as the Edge's.

Attachment 4331888

Attachment 4331889
Wow Brad, that Sbach looks awesome!!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Here are some ideas, I was trying to come up with some clever tag lines that apply to the Twisted Hobbies airframes. If any one has any others they would like to see let me know I will do a sample. If nothing else this is a place to start.
cdee
I like the basic design with the crazy 88. I also like the first "Fly Hard - Push the Limits" slogan. I was trying to think of how to get 3d into it so my idea is:

3d worth flying for.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:29 PM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
cdee
I like the last one best! Lets come up with some more ideas and I will put in a shirt order!
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:46 PM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
671 Posts
I've been looking at some of the airfoiled foamies and it seems like there are similarities between the Telink, Techone and Hacker foamies. Are they all made by the same manufacturer? Also is the higher price on the Telinks due to the larger size only or are there other significant differences?

Thanks
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:42 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,368 Posts
I don't get a lot of foamy video anymore because I never take my Extra Slick to the field. I fly it at home in my front yard at sunset, and later under the street light. I've worn out two Slicks already, and #3 is starting to get a lot of rash.

I've got a brand new Slick almost ready to go, and soon it will replace the current one. After that, though. I want something a little different.

I've got one of these babies coming.

Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:52 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
I like the last one best! Lets come up with some more ideas and I will put in a shirt order!
I like the Gravity one too, are there any other TH logos out there that I can play with to come up with some alternatives. I like the C88 one, just wondering thou if there are others. In the mean time I will see if I can think up some more tag lines.

So far we have:

1. fly hard - push the limits!
2. beyond normal!
3. GRAVITY! - who cares!
4. 3D - worth flying for

cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Oct 09, 2011, 08:59 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar View Post
I've been looking at some of the airfoiled foamies and it seems like there are similarities between the Telink, Techone and Hacker foamies. Are they all made by the same manufacturer? Also is the higher price on the Telinks due to the larger size only or are there other significant differences?

Thanks
HEy... Just FYI...

I gotta tell you. There is a difference. With 3D, maneuvers looking ok and great are the difference between one plane and setup and another. The telink and twisted Hobbys stuff is just a cut above. I have definitely flown them all. I can assure you for 3d just like High end pattern ships and things,even the small steps up make a huge difference. Just like race cars and the like. The difference between the winners and 50th place is usually a matter of the small things. In this case, it was these guys who took the time to make the small stuff better, and payed close attention to performance that in the end makes a way better airplane. This is why my chinese stuff sits and collects dust, and my twisted hobbys and telink stuff has been flown ragged! If you spend a few extra bucks, you will be happy you did. Especially with 3D planes.

Just my 2 cents
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:20 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar View Post

Thanks
I have flown most of them and I can tell you that Twisted hobbys/ telink is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also you get great service from Brad as we all know that is worth the money on it's own.
Eric
eschult is online now Find More Posts by eschult