SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:59 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
No, the motor wasn't doing this before. I originally had the twisted combo. Long story short, I used the rx from my Edge to test something on another plane. When I plugged everything back up I got no response (no happy tune from esc, no motor). So I got a Turnigy motor and HK esc to try to rule out bad motor or esc. Turned out the esc died. So now I'm currently using the Crack 2204/1450 and the HK esc. Start up and ran fine for awhile, now I'm getting the stutter start.
What radio system are you using? The end points lugz mentioned is travel adjustment on the dx6i. Pretty sure it is on the 8 too, waiting for the my 8 to get back from Horizon.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:13 AM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
620 Posts
Are you guys talking about end point adjustments on the throttle?
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:16 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Ive got to the point now, where removing the motor for repairs has meant that when i try to screw my screws into the foam on the other side of the motor mount, i dont get any purchase. That is the holes around where the screws would sit are fresh air. Im using servos screws to attach the motor.
Is there any solution to this? Any way i can fill that gap?
Its not like there is a hole in the foam with crash damage etc, its just that the screws wont hold (any of them).
Cheers,
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:35 AM
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
627 Posts
maidened a fresh CYL airframe the other day, that i put the carbon fiber uprades on... apparently didnt put enough welders on the motor mount and a slight bump on the prop took the motor mount/screws/motor/prop right off the plane.

holes where the screws where like you are saying.

i just filled em with welders. let it dry. it shrinks a bit after its cured so i added a bit more after it shrunk a few times. built it up and filled the small spots the foam was mising at nicely. glued the motor mount back on really well this time. all the screws grabbed the welders really well also. put a tiny bit of welders on screws before i screwed em in as well.
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:46 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,385 Posts
Thick CA works in the same way. Used it when holes were worn on my nitro cars.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:47 AM
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
good to know.

i was worried it would get too hard and be to difficult (or impossible) to get the screws through the stuff....
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:52 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
So do you drill it out with a pilot after its glued up?

Ive tried the welders trick but i find it just gets gooey and harder to remove the screws.

I seem to be doing a lot of motor maintenance since i started using 3S, so i need to be able to remove the screws at will.

I only have thin cyano. OK?
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:57 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringdreamer View Post
Are you guys talking about end point adjustments on the throttle?
The first time you use your new esc have the throttle stick at full. Plug in the battery and wait or the tones and then move the stick to the bottom. Unplug the battery, turn off the Tx. At least thats how I do it. Now just turn on the Tx and plug in the battery as you normally do.
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:24 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampflyer View Post
just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood aspiring 3D'er...

props hurt when they hit you in the forehead.

if your going to hover close in make sure the wind isnt blowing AT YOU.

lol.

no real damage. bruised forehead and ego.
had to happen while the mother in law was watching, commenting on how impressed she was. haha.
Hahaaa

I'm now wishing your mother in law had the camera phone out
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:02 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,276 Posts
Hey guys here is a short flight video of the removable wing version of the Telink Extra 330. I'm also uploading a video showing how the wing assembly works.

Telink extra 330 removable wing flight video (1 min 35 sec)

EDIT: Demonstration of the wing assembly

Telink extra 330 removable wing demonstration (2 min 1 sec)
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Jan 28, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
So do you drill it out with a pilot after its glued up?

Ive tried the welders trick but i find it just gets gooey and harder to remove the screws.

I seem to be doing a lot of motor maintenance since i started using 3S, so i need to be able to remove the screws at will.

I only have thin cyano. OK?
Thin ca might work, I used thick since it takes longer to dry hence time to fill the holes. Here's how I did it back then, apply the ca to screw (or parts your trying to fill holes) and screw it in once it's dry a bit loosen the screw to break the ca loose from the screw.

Nice hone1er looks like the removeable wing works good.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:51 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
your radio is set to or has a high and low end point,commonly set to 100%,the esc is factory set for a high and low but doesn't see your radios high or low.so what should be done is once you determine that you have your throttle set for correct movement,such as low stick down,you unplug your battery and with the radio still on move your throttle stick to high,plug in your battery on your esc and wait for the double beep ,once heard move your throttle stick to low and it will beep again ,and now your esc will see your radios true high and low
ESC Prg (1 min 55 sec)
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Last edited by lugnutz; Jan 28, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:17 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,385 Posts
Oh ok you were talking about throttle calibration. Gotcha!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:19 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
your radio is set to or has a high and low end point,commonly set to 100%,the esc is factory set for a high and low but doesn't see your radios high or low.so what should be done is once you determine that you have your throttle set for correct movement,such as low stick down,you unplug your battery and with the radio still on move your throttle stick to high,plug in your battery on your esc and wait for the double beep ,once heard move your throttle stick to low and it will beep again ,and now your esc will see your radios true high and low http://vimeo.com/47736257
A couple things. I never set end points when I first got my twisted esc. The video says I would have no response until I completed the setup. Not knowing any better when I first got my power combo I just plugged and played. Worked fine.

My twisted esc died so now I'm using a HK esc. Is the method to set the end points the same or need I check the manual for the HK esc?

So it goes back to my initial question, having never set end points on my current esc and I didn't have any problems until now, why now am I experiencing this stuttering? Are you still suggesting try setting end points?
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:28 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Hey guys here is a short flight video of the removable wing version of the Telink Extra 330. I'm also uploading a video showing how the wing assembly works.

Very nice.. thanks for the video on wing Assembly!
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee