HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:12 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
well I went back to the gopro web site and did the update thing, again. still no sound.

Tom
Just a thought, you do have the backdoor on with the holes in? Otherwise the sound is very serverly muffled.
Ive found that reformatting the card and removing the battery sometimes resets things. Try that too, otherwise, it may be a back to the store issue.
Hows the video? Ive heard the hero 3 is exceptional (if not reliable).
Jimbo.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:06 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Nice sloper jimbo! What paints do you use on ones like that? I'm thinking auto paints. I'd put some house of color candy on it.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:50 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Jimbo, the video is excellent. The gopro has its own video style. Love it. Bummer about the sound.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:28 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Nice sloper jimbo! What paints do you use on ones like that? I'm thinking auto paints. I'd put some house of color candy on it.
Yes Kam, standard cellulose auto paints.
Man, I'm getting nervous just thinking about chucking that lead sled off a cliff, with only sea below! Gulp.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:30 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,392 Posts
Stuttering motor

I think this has been discussed but I'm not sure if it was in this forum. But my motor (Twisted Series 2204-1450) is beginning to stutter on start up. As I gradually raise the throttle it stutters before engaged. Is the motor dying or is this an esc (Hobby King 12A, my twisted esc died) issue? I have a Turnigy 2204/14 motor I can use to rule out motor but thought I'd ask here in the meantime.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:44 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
I think this has been discussed but I'm not sure if it was in this forum. But my motor (Twisted Series 2204-1450) is beginning to stutter on start up. As I gradually raise the throttle it stutters before engaged. Is the motor dying or is this an esc (Hobby King 12A, my twisted esc died) issue? I have a Turnigy 2204/14 motor I can use to rule out motor but thought I'd ask here in the meantime.
I had experience a problem like you have in the past, with another brand of motor. It was a ESC issue.
Krycek W is offline Find More Posts by Krycek W
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:46 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
I also think the ESC is the culprit here. When I have had this type of problem a new ESC has solved it so far.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:05 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,392 Posts
Well that's gonna suck big time. I just replaced the dead twisted esc with this one. What causes an esc to fail? Could I be doing something to cause failure?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:12 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
not setting proper end points can cause this
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:52 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
not setting proper end points can cause this
I've never set end points (don't even know what that means), why would the problem start now after several flights?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:55 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Yes Kam, standard cellulose auto paints.
Man, I'm getting nervous just thinking about chucking that lead sled off a cliff, with only sea below! Gulp.
Lucky you jimbo, wish we could still get that paint here. Loved working with it. Throwing a plane off the side of a cliff would give me more grey hair.

Was the motor doing the same thing before? Seems hinky to me that you would have two esc go in a short time.

I'm curious too lugz care to go into detail on what you mean?
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:51 PM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx View Post
I did a few quick searches but didn't find the answer.

What do you guys do when Welders gets hard and crunchy? It seems to lose its flexibility & get brittle over time. I recall something about using acetone to remove it.... Is there a way to just soften it so it'll be pliable again? I'm mainly concerned with hinge repair, e.g. the rudder. Any better glue that'll stay soft?

Thanks,
Charles
Anybody else experience this?
ccpdx is offline Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:14 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Yes, Welders gets stiff if you use too much on the repairs. Sometimes we do quick repairs while still trying to keep flying. When repairing any tears just use a minimal coating on the torn foam, let it tack up for a minute then join, it will not get crunchy like you describe.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:40 AM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Was the motor doing the same thing before? Seems hinky to me that you would have two esc go in a short time.
No, the motor wasn't doing this before. I originally had the twisted combo. Long story short, I used the rx from my Edge to test something on another plane. When I plugged everything back up I got no response (no happy tune from esc, no motor). So I got a Turnigy motor and HK esc to try to rule out bad motor or esc. Turned out the esc died. So now I'm currently using the Crack 2204/1450 and the HK esc. Start up and ran fine for awhile, now I'm getting the stutter start.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:51 AM
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
627 Posts
just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood aspiring 3D'er...

props hurt when they hit you in the forehead.

if your going to hover close in make sure the wind isnt blowing AT YOU.

lol.

no real damage. bruised forehead and ego.
had to happen while the mother in law was watching, commenting on how impressed she was. haha.
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer