HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:13 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,387 Posts
Can't blame you jimbo. The mini does shine indoors and honestly I probably wouldn't have one if it wasn't a bday gift. It does make for a good yard plane for me with my small yard this wee beasite helps.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:42 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
So I bet this question has been asked a million times, but what do you guys prefer for mainly outdoor flying? CY or CY lite?
I'm stuck between the two. Gotta love the Purple on the lite though......
Do they handle wind the same?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:49 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
I voted for RTF since I don't like building.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
I don't have the lite, but I can tell you the CY regular takes a beating, and can be flown hard in quite a lot of wind. It's gotta be heavier, making it more suitable for a breeze. A lite user will chip in
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:35 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
I voted for RTF since I don't like building.
I did too, that makes at least two of us!!
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:34 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
I don't have the lite, but I can tell you the CY regular takes a beating, and can be flown hard in quite a lot of wind. It's gotta be heavier, making it more suitable for a breeze. A lite user will chip in
Thanks!
Yeah-light users please speak up!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:52 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
I too have the regular but not the light. I think if mine bit the dust I'd just get another regular, I fly both indoor and out but I'd say outdoor most. I think the other thing to think about is the regular would take going up to 3s better than the light. I think Cody made a post about that recently but can't remember what thread.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:54 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
It was this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
IMO the CYL shines on 2S. On 3S you are going to start breaking more things in hard crashes.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:24 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
A little compilation of Ultrabatics, when its to windy for the Cracks, you can could get one of these. They are great fun.

Ultrabatics - Best of 2012 (4 min 14 sec)
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:03 AM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
i have both ,yes both can be flown in winds up to about 15 mph but the heavier CY is more suited for high winds ,with CYL you have to be on the sticks alot more
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:48 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Guys some advice needed please.

I have a Extra 330SC, a pitts and a CY. I think im covered in the 32 inch section, but is there a plane i could get that would be similar to the extra 330 SC but have a smaller span and be a bit more floaty a bit like the CY?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

PS ive already decided my large field and lack of indoor flying probably means a mini is out and i could get something a bit bigger than 32 inch.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:03 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
I want the Extra, but at the moment, I take the RC Factory 48" Sbach to the field, and Cyaks, Pitts, 43" Telinks and couldn't be happier. The Sbach is amazingly stable in the air, and you can fly it low, slow... it does it all really. I'll post a vid of yesterday later on.

Just noticed you wanted smaller wingspan, in that case, the Telink Yak-55 I just maidened, or the slick/edge is pretty floaty... even the Multiplex parkmaster, or somthing like hyperion sniper. HK put out a new under 40" sbach? Don't know how good that is yet tho.

For 38-44", for me, Telinks are my go toos. Build easy, and take a beating.. That's why I like them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:51 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
I really would like to get the RC Factory 48" Sbach, but I have a hard time getting around the dark and mellow colors of the plane. I wish it was available in a more vibrant color scheme.
I've seen your videos of it and you seem to be more confident when flying the Sbach than the Skywing Edge.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:58 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
Haha- absolutely agree. To be honest, I think I'm a foamy fan through and through. After flying the Telink again yesterday, just confirmed this. Still love the energy of the Edge, but the confidence down low and the obedience of the Sbach, just leave me picking it up again and again. I love the look of the edge tho! :-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:16 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
Maiden day on the Telink Yak-55. Just great, even on a lame motor I had lying around. Omega 72 going in shorlty with 11". Got a lot of attention on it's first trip out to the field
Telink Yak-55 maiden day (4 min 9 sec)
RCG Plus Member