HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:17 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
Well, I'm officially a Twisted Hobbies owner. I just received the Edge 540 and started the assembly last night and I think my 13 year old daughter is as excited as I am. I bought her a Light Flight Bug for Christmas and she's been flying it via a Buddy Box setup and doing really well. She can't wait until we can both fly our "Foamies" together.

This thing looks like it has the potential to put Real Flight on the back burner and become my new simulator. I can't wait......

Funny how this hobby has a way of making a 56 year old feel like a kid again.
Yes indeed... Grats to you and your daughter and welcome to Club Crack.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:55 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astolenpose View Post
I'd love to see a high wing model. Something that can be a tame park flyer when needed but still capable of your typical Twisted insanity.
Just lower your dual rates and increase the expo. I'm using my worn out Edge for my 6 year old daughter's trainer! Recycle Reuse Reduce. You can put older batteries to use that way too. Don't need the punch to do circles. However, I have a feeling the airframe may revolt if it isn't occasionally hucked into oblivion
dth7 is online now Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:59 AM
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
617 Posts
whats up my twisted comrades...

i'll be getting a new twisted hobbys plane in the next week or so and im lookin for some advice on which plane to get for outdoor flying?

ive got a CYL that I LOVE and am thinking of putting on 3S just for more punch in the wind. so ive got a plane to do all the crazy 3d i can think of for the moment. obviously all the TH planes are gonna do 3d well.. so im really more concerned with handling in a slight breeze...

i looked at weights of various planes on their site for a reference.
obviously the Pitts is the heaviest but will 2 wings be more trouble in the wind? i can put it on 3S as well...

perhaps a Telink 48" model or the 48" sbach... if i can keep it in the 30" range it'd obviously be more affordable, but im open to the larger planes as well.

any and all suggestions welcomed. thanks folks.
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:03 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
968 Posts
Kudos and props out to Brad and the guys at TH. I just bought my second TH airframe to enter into the CY family of fanatics and the digital servo I ordered (C90D) was mistakenly packed with a nano (too small). One email that night, next morning a shipping notification from paypal that "package on the way" and 2 days later the TH C90D was in hand. Bada bing bada bang! awesome In this day and age of request followed by follow up followed by follow up et nausea this was a refreshing example of what customer service used to be and should be.
Thanks Brad and TH
dth7 is online now Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:05 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,628 Posts
Bigger is better outdoors. I recommend the Telink 48" Extra 330SC, but that's a bigger investment than a 32" plane. My favorite outdoor foamie right now is my standard Crack Yak with a 2206 on 3S...fast paced, powerful, quick, and very durable.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:47 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,069 Posts
I agree. I'd never be without a CY. It is a simply a great pick up and fly plane. Fly in a small space, do what every you think, and turn on a dime. That Telink 48" would be great too, just different. Taking both to the field is the ultimate really!
uptime4downtime is online now Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Durafly Hyperbipe Mini Review
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:14 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
648 Posts
I just hit the order button on the Crack Pitts/landing gear and power combo.....very excited to say the least! Just finishing up my CYL build and now have this one to look forward to! Hope I love them like everyone else seems to!!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:07 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,069 Posts
Great. You are in for a treat. I like the pitts too. I have a hard time deciding which Crack series to take out flying, and generally try to fit them all in the car, just in case!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
I agree. I'd never be without a CY. It is a simply a great pick up and fly plane. Fly in a small space, do what every you think, and turn on a dime. That Telink 48" would be great too, just different. Taking both to the field is the ultimate really!
im just wondering how different the CY is from the CYL i have now... so many other planes, hard to buy one that looks exactly like the one i have now. my CYL is gonna be on 3S soon for outdoors as well... so would it really be that different?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,628 Posts
IMO the CYL shines on 2S. On 3S you are going to start breaking more things in hard crashes.

If you want something different for outdoors on 3S, go for the Crack Pitts. It loves 3S and really flies awesome.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Dec 2012
617 Posts
thats where i was leaning before thinking about larger planes.

been wanting a bipe for a while.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:06 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampflyer View Post
whats up my twisted comrades...

i'll be getting a new twisted hobbys plane in the next week or so and im lookin for some advice on which plane to get for outdoor flying?

any and all suggestions welcomed. thanks folks.
My fave outdoor plane is my pitts on 3s, followed by my Extra 330SC, then my Crack Yak on 3S. They are all different, its hard to tell between them really. Im lucky i probably have the perfect hanger for all occasions. Get all three and you wont be sorry.
If one of them wears out, i probably replace it rather than get a different plane. Hows that for a recommendation!
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:47 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,069 Posts
I have the pitts, CY, and CY mini. I don't have the lite. Yes, the pitts and CY are great outdoors. I just maidened the mini outdoors to, and was all the same characteristics of the CY, just in a tiny form factor.

Jimbo, that Extra 330SC is calling me!!

I have a spare CY kit in the wings, as my original CY has been flown ragged
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:04 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,623 Posts
I've thought hard about a mini. But I can't justify the expense as Im not lucky enough to fly indoors. I'll save my money, and buy a replacement when the CY or Pitts finally wear out, should be coming up for a year flying 3D soon with the CY and still going.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:11 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
648 Posts
Have any of you had trouble getting TH on the phone? Seems everytime I try the line is busy. I was hoping that my Pitts shipped out today but doesn't look like thats the case.
Nevermind.....found out I was linked the wrong #
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Last edited by flygilmore; Jan 18, 2013 at 05:57 PM.