HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:13 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,118 Posts
Good question. I know it is the brand name for the planes made in the Czech republic. http://www.telink.eu/
uptime4downtime is online now Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:28 PM
AMA 1034020
United States, AL, Alexander City
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
The Telink 48" EPP Extra 330SC is IMO the best looking foamy on the market. I see haveing one before a CY, simply because i already have the complete power setup from TH for it. Just haven't bought the plane yet.
ATCH is offline Find More Posts by ATCH
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,118 Posts
That would be a nice model too. I have the RC factory 48" sbach, but I understand they do fly differently.
uptime4downtime is online now Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:51 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Has anyone installed the CF landing gear upgrade on their 48" or 43-44" planes?

I am putting together a Telink 48" Extra for a friend and he bought the CF LG upgrade. The LG is wide/thin and shaped like those we used in our balsa planes. Any photo would be appreciated.

I can either glue it inside the foam or mount it on a wooden plate at bottom of the fuselage but mounting it on the bottom will raise the plane too high.
SalamSyed is offline Find More Posts by SalamSyed
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Yes it goes through the fuse...not too sure of its components, but there should be two fiberglass or wood pieces that will slip onto each of the LG legs and sandwich the fuse together using Welders.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCH View Post
The Telink 48" EPP Extra 330SC is IMO the best looking foamy on the market. I see haveing one before a CY, simply because i already have the complete power setup from TH for it. Just haven't bought the plane yet.
and when you do you are going to love it and then it begins from there,next will be a CY,CYL,then a mini and so on, very addictive
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:18 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
Yes it goes through the fuse...not too sure of its components, but there should be two fiberglass or wood pieces that will slip onto each of the LG legs and sandwich the fuse together using Welders.
The CF LG as an upgrade does not come with any hardware and not much of the stock hardware can be used with it as it is a different style of landing gear. Also the stock LG mounting/gluing instructions are not going to work here.

I might use the stock wheels using an axle with a lock nut and use the wood piece inside foam for gluing.

This is what I have as an upgraded CF LG.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:33 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed View Post
The CF LG as an upgrade does not come with any hardware and not much of the stock hardware can be used with it as it is a different style of landing gear. Also the stock LG mounting/gluing instructions are not going to work here.

I might use the stock wheels using an axle with a lock nut and use the wood piece inside foam for gluing.

I really don't think I'd bother with that on a Telink, especially using the stock wheels (the only bit I would actually change). The stock wire gear with some lighter foam wheels on them and a bit of care fitting the epp legs and spats are very durable, look good are removable and interchangeable with other Telinks if you end up with a fleet of them as I did I'm not at home at the minute but when I am I'll try and find a pic of the method I use.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:56 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed View Post

I don't know how those gear would mount because no hardware is shown but, these are the same (or very similar) gear that are on the 48" Sbach.

They are tough as nails. I have been realy pounding on the for months and they show no signs of giving up

Update: According to the TH web site: These gear are for the RcFactory planes and not the Telinks. This would explain why they do not come with mounting hardware. Becuase they assume the mounting hardware came with your RC Factory plane? Maybe Brad or one of the guys can clear this up better than I.

Shawn
Gravitycheat is online now Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Last edited by Gravitycheat; Dec 27, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Oops my bad, I thought it was for the Telinks....not sure of the larger RCF LG.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Here's the pic I promised of my preferred setup with the Telink undercarriage. I find the epp actually helps the wire stiffen up a little for landing on rougher surfaces, one of the key bits for me is to fit a little wedge at the top of the legs to join the two together. The spats could be left off for even rougher surfaces but I've never had a problem with them and I think they look a lot better with them.

For fitting into the fuse I like to fit the wood to the bottom first and then using a chisel shaped xacto blade cut the slot up into the fuse for the wire to fit into at the chosen angle ,I prefer them raked forward a little (make sure the slot in the wood is wide enough to get your chosen angle first, I find I usually have to run a small dremel bit through it at the angle I want). Then with the wire pushed into the slot to get the line I start the cut for the fibre part before removing the wire and cutting right through. Then I dry fit everything to make sure the fibre part is in the right place and the slot is big enough, I then remove the wire and the fibre plate squeeze some glue into the slot for the fibre plate only and push the plate into place. I push the wire back in to get the final position for the plate and give it a while for the glue to start to set up. Before too long I like to pull the wire out then push it in and out for a while to make sure it doesn't end up getting glued in and the slot doesn't seal itself back up. Doing this method I've never had one come loose in flight and they pull out easy enough to save room for storage and travelling.

You could probably make that carbon gear work somehow but I don't think it's something I'd want to do to a Telink. Hope this helps you and if not it might help someone else.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:45 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Your posts help.

I have couple of Telinks and smaller RCF foamies. RCF have the CF LG upgrades while all the Telinks have stock LG. I think I will use the stock LG on this one. I agree this particular CF upgrade is not going to make this plane any better.

Thank you.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:04 PM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,045 Posts
To be honest, the wire landing gear on the Telinks is one of the plus points for me, it is simple, rugged and reliable. If you bend it, you just bend it back.
I can't see any reason why you would want to put a CF replacement U/C on it?

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
anyone know what the screw size is for the motor mounts on the 32" planes
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:18 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smart View Post
To be honest, the wire landing gear on the Telinks is one of the plus points for me, it is simple, rugged and reliable. If you bend it, you just bend it back.
I can't see any reason why you would want to put a CF replacement U/C on it?

Mike
That is what (wire landing gear) I am going to use. Everything was bought by a friend of mine and I am building for him. He is a fancy guy with all his nice Carden planes so he thought this would be a nice upgrade for his foamie..... It turned out the other way.