HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:27 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,171 Posts
I'd be all over the sale but I just paid for a belated honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean in 16 days on the largest cruise ship in the world!
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:41 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,442 Posts
That was nice of you Six. Got to please the boss first, then you can play with the toys.

Was bout to get another Pitts, but I got a mcp and another stryker for the electronics. Smoking deal on them from Amainhobbies.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:20 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
LOL it's a hard life but someone has to do it
Agreed ! Where is are bloody TH sale in rip off Britain
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
Fly Low!!!! No Sked.
Joined Oct 2011
51 Posts
Well, that TH sale just came and went. Hehehehe,
Its too bad im not able to get $$ into PP till monday.
I would love to have bought the 32" extra slick. Hopfully there will be another sale soon.
AirHermit is offline Find More Posts by AirHermit
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,442 Posts
Any news on the mini Yak?

Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:41 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Any news on the mini Yak?

All details have been sorted out. We're just waiting on production and arrival schedules. I will keep you all updated.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:46 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
All details have been sorted out. We're just waiting on production and arrival schedules. I will keep you all updated.

Sweeeeeeet
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Nov 2012
80 Posts
My edge is due to arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!
Thumb Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Thumb Blisters
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:31 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Cool, can't wait to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Blisters View Post
My edge is due to arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!
Good luck on the build, remember to post pics and videos.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, VA, Rockingham
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
Do ESC's wear out?

I have loved flying the Crack Yak 55 equipped with the TH 2206/12 amp ESC combo for several months, alternating between 2S and 3S. I installed heavy duty servos at the build, but the ESC didn't seem to mind. Recently however, both motor and servos sometimes completely die in midair and the plane noses into the ground. But by the time I walk over and pick it up, everything is working again as it should. My Spektrum AR6100 receiver is not flashing to indicate a signal interruption. Can the ESC deteriorate over time, or do I have a different problem here? Thanks for your help. Michael
oldpoppy is offline Find More Posts by oldpoppy
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:04 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,106 Posts
Can't wait for this new plane. Aaron might pass on the Lite for now but he wants on of the mini-yaks for sure!!! It should be a blast.

Flying indoor today!!! Vids will be up by tonight!!!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Clik Real Quick
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:23 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpoppy View Post
I have loved flying the Crack Yak 55 equipped with the TH 2206/12 amp ESC combo for several months, alternating between 2S and 3S. I installed heavy duty servos at the build, but the ESC didn't seem to mind. Recently however, both motor and servos sometimes completely die in midair and the plane noses into the ground. But by the time I walk over and pick it up, everything is working again as it should. My Spektrum AR6100 receiver is not flashing to indicate a signal interruption. Can the ESC deteriorate over time, or do I have a different problem here? Thanks for your help. Michael
That sounds like a receiver issue. Try another rx and if you dont have a spare try re-binding yours.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:23 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpoppy View Post
Had this happen to me a couple times. Took time to find out it was a loose connector between the battery and esc. The packs were pretty old from swapping back and forth. Might be the cause for you too. Dan beat me to it...lol. Forgot about that possible cause.
Last edited by KamikazePilot; Nov 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Slow as syrup...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:25 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Hmmm....that could be it too. I had it happen with an old orange rx.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,442 Posts
BTW love your airbrush work Dan. Give me a regular spray gun no problem, but these airbrushes give me headaches.