HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:11 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
960 Posts
As another father/son flying family, we love the videos as well. If you enjoy flying, seeing your son grow up doing it is so rewarding. We think Evan's flying on the CY is great. Did you go to Nall by chance this past year with Evan, KT? I wondered if we had met there. There were a lot of young guys flying this year. The future looks bright for seeing good things in the 3D flying genre...
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
the bird that can't fly..
אוסטרליה
Joined Sep 2004
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
3D Buster in the News!!

Not sure how many of you seen the Jan. 2013 Electric Flight magazine yet, came out a couple weeks ago. The Buster was featured in one of the Articles. Inspired me to make the necessary repairs on mine (as a result of a radio lock out) and get it back in the air. One of my all time favorites.
cdee
That's sweet!!

Hi cdee , any chance you can grab me one more copy of the magazine , I will pay for the shipping downunder ?

(:
Ido ,
3dBuster is offline Find More Posts by 3dBuster
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Dec 2010
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
As another father/son flying family, we love the videos as well. If you enjoy flying, seeing your son grow up doing it is so rewarding. We think Evan's flying on the CY is great. Did you go to Nall by chance this past year with Evan, KT? I wondered if we had met there. There were a lot of young guys flying this year. The future looks bright for seeing good things in the 3D flying genre...
Yes we have been at joe Nall and Eweek the past couple of years. We love triple tree. It was the first RC event we attended. We also went to youth masters there and we met a lot of great kids and their parents . Just about everyone we have met in this hobby has been great. I hope my other young kids end up enjoying this as much as evan. I could be in for many years of awesome fun memories!
kevinjulieevan is offline Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:48 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dBuster View Post
That's sweet!!

Hi cdee , any chance you can grab me one more copy of the magazine , I will pay for the shipping downunder ?

(:
Ido ,
I was sad when the Buster went down... Everything is all back together now and ready for this week end...!

Ido.. you have PM
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjulieevan View Post
Yes we have been at joe Nall and Eweek the past couple of years. We love triple tree. It was the first RC event we attended. We also went to youth masters there and we met a lot of great kids and their parents . Just about everyone we have met in this hobby has been great. I hope my other young kids end up enjoying this as much as evan. I could be in for many years of awesome fun memories!
Yes, I am fairly certain Aaron and Evan met at Nall last year on the electric flight line and then we saw you at the 3D line for the one trick contest. Awesome. Looks like Evan has gotten a LOT better. Hope to see you there again next year and say Hi again! Keep up the good work.
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Finally had the opportunity to fly my crack yak for the first time indoor or any indoor flying period for me. It was great flying and working on the maneuver without having to fight the elements..
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
748 Posts
Which one?

Been flying a foamtana with a park 450. Hovers and other manuvers I do well but want a better plane. Which TH plane would you suggest?
I have a park 480 1020kv,45 amp esc and plenty of 3s 2200's for it.
Have some Hi tech 5056 mg servos but they may be to wimpy. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Pilot Fatigue is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Fatigue
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:26 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I'm fond of the Edge and the Pitts and the Yak and the, well you get it. If its Twisted go for it. Personally my go to plane is the 32" Edge 540. Its mellow as all get out on 2s and full of itself on 3s. Just an all around good plane. Tough as nails also. But I wonder, how tough is a nail?

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:00 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Fatigue View Post
Been flying a foamtana with a park 450. Hovers and other manuvers I do well but want a better plane. Which TH plane would you suggest?
I have a park 480 1020kv,45 amp esc and plenty of 3s 2200's for it.
Have some Hi tech 5056 mg servos but they may be to wimpy. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Well for starters you wont be able to use your 3s 2200 packs in any of 32" TH range to heavy but dont let that but you off you could always go for the larger Telink/TH planes with those packs but my vote still goes for the Crack Pitts.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Nov 17, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:19 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjulieevan View Post
yep he likes the three cell. i bet he would go four cell if i could figure out a way to do it !
kt
Easy, just go with two 2s hooked in series and put one on each side of the fuse for lateral balance. Plus for indoor then just run it on one 2s, it's a win win.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:10 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Easy, just go with two 2s hooked in series and put one on each side of the fuse for lateral balance. Plus for indoor then just run it on one 2s, it's a win win.
What a great idea anyone tried this
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I'm happy with mine the way they are. So I don't plan on trying to fry them anytime soon. These planes are great as is.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:26 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,096 Posts
Thanks to cdee, I was able to fly a bunch of his planes today.

Telink Buster Bipe with 70g motor
Telink 330SC Extravaganza with 100g motor
RC Factory SBach 48"+ with 100g motor
Crack Pitts with TH 1450kv
CY Lite

I even tried my CY 1800kv on 3S.

Awesome. I thought this would help me decide which I want next but now I just want one of each!
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Last edited by Sixinarow; Nov 17, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:41 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Thanks to cdee, I was able to fly a bunch of his planes today.

Telink Buster Bipe with 70g motor
Telink 330SC Extravaganza with 100g motor
RC Factory SBach 48"+ with 100g motor
Crack Pitts with TH 1450kv
CY Lite

I even tried my CY 1800kv on 3S.

Awesome. I thought this would help me decide which I want next but now I just want one of each!
Glad it worked out for us to fly today... weather was nearly perfect, a little breezy at times, but not complaining for the middle of November.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:00 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Feb 2008
617 Posts
Hey guys,

Been flying the Leadfeather 3D EPP Yak 55 coming on 4 years now. 2s indoor on 9x4.7, 3s outdoor 8x4DD is my favorite setup on the Tunigy 2730 1500kv (1600kv real). Mental power. Weighs the same as this crack yak. I just built my second one about 3 weeks ago as my 3.5 year old Yak was gettin beat up.

So my question is, Crack Yak or the new Crack Yak LITE? I'm going to be outdoor flying 90% of the time, so 3s will be my setup so 1750kv is a little out of the question most likely. In fact, I don't even think I'm going to replenish my 2s lipo array as many of my old rhinos are getting tired. I do fly 3s indoor at times on my Yak now and yes it's INSANITY but sooooo much fun lol. Is the EPP thinner on the Crack Yak LITE? Since I wont be trying to save every gram of weight that i could using 3s, I'm leaning towards the regular Crack Yak as it should be more durable, handle wind better and is better built for 3s setup than the LITE. I might go with the traditional long tube motor mount method over the X mount for durability too, and run the same power setups.

Thoughts for those who have owned both?
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp