HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
I might get the Edge though I'm holding off for now. Didn't realize how many planes I have in various stages from in the bags to flight ready. And I don't even have enough model memory in my DX6I for them all.
Same here. So I just got another DX6i. Can't help myself its an addiction. And I love my Edge. It was my first TH plane and still flying great.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
I know what you mean Tom. I was just getting a few foamies, now it's a heard. Think they are breeding while I sleep.

I was thinking about another 6i but the DX8 is much more nicer. The 6i will probably be my micro plane radio.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:06 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Just back from my indoor session. Extra Slick and Pitts again this week, we had a great laugh doing silly things with them. It's great having gear on the Pitts, taking off doing a single roll and putting it down again seeing how many we could get in a circuit. Only managed six but even that was tight. It was a pretty hard week on them and I came home with both of them unflyable First victim was the Slick, did a real tight outside loop and was a bit closer to the rafters than I thought I was just going over the top and the top of the rudder slammed right into the rafter. The rudder was torn right off and stripped the servo (tower pro), not a problem, I have spares and the rudder will Welder hinge back on. The Pitts was fantastic fun tonight but unfortunately it was cut short with another Hitec 5045 just going dead on me out the blue, this is the second one, the first was the rudder right after the maiden flight this time it's the elevator. It's a shame as when they are working they seem to be a great servo, fast and accurate, but if I keep having to rip them out to get them repaired or replaced I won't be going for them in anything else. The worst thing is I'll be without my Pitts till I can get it sorted
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Just back from my indoor session. Extra Slick and Pitts again this week, we had a great laugh doing silly things with them. It's great having gear on the Pitts, taking off doing a single roll and putting it down again seeing how many we could get in a circuit. Only managed six but even that was tight. It was a pretty hard week on them and I came home with both of them unflyable First victim was the Slick, did a real tight outside loop and was a bit closer to the rafters than I thought I was just going over the top and the top of the rudder slammed right into the rafter. The rudder was torn right off and stripped the servo (tower pro), not a problem, I have spares and the rudder will Welder hinge back on. The Pitts was fantastic fun tonight but unfortunately it was cut short with another Hitec 5045 just going dead on me out the blue, this is the second one, the first was the rudder right after the maiden flight this time it's the elevator. It's a shame as when they are working they seem to be a great servo, fast and accurate, but if I keep having to rip them out to get them repaired or replaced I won't be going for them in anything else. The worst thing is I'll be without my Pitts till I can get it sorted
What a bummer Avie. Yeah today was the first time I got some real flying in since September. And I lost a rudder servo on the Slick, first time I lost one of the tower pro servos. Need to bring it home from work to get it sorted.

Hopefully you'll be back in the air soon. Seems the Hitecs aren't working out to good.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:22 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,489 Posts
Breeding while you sleep huh? That explains it. Happened to me too. Planes are everywhere. And plans, well thats another tale. I too had a tough flight with the Pitts today. Broke it in half. The bottom wing I should say. Tore it right off, broke the spar. Some welders and it'll be flying again tomorrow. Ya gotta love these TH planes.

Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:49 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Well getting a little better flew in my small front yard,trees,high wires and house,s all around. no crash and burns, the wind tried to take the edge 540 away but a little more throttle stick got her turned around way to much fun !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:39 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,489 Posts
Yeah, I love my Edge too. It was my first TH. Well I got the pitts back together and shes ready to fly again tomorrow. Oh happy days.

Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:37 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Breeding while you sleep huh? That explains it. Happened to me too.

Tom
You'd have thought your Mrs would have the decency to wake you up first eh
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:25 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
LOL! Good one Avie.

Just did a couple packs on the Yak. Wind isn't to bad 10 mph max, yesterday was better calm tillit was time to close up the shop. Thanks god for uhu por and welders or I wouldn't be flying.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:59 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,489 Posts
But I'm single so there must be a some kind of "Twisted" molester sneaking in at night while I sleep. I hoping one of them will birth a slick or sbach.

Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:00 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
A first for me.

After a weekend of good flying I got the slick home for the rudder servo repair. Figured stripped gears, nope the top of the servo was completely broken, hence the servo doing nothing. I kid about living up to my nickname but this tops it. At least for now until I break something else. Hmm...
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:55 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,865 Posts
Getting an edge for my dad and I have the original crack yak with power combo. Looking at the new power combo did the props change for recommended setups? I'm using the 8" props on the yak but 9" is now recommended for 2s.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:35 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
You've probably got the X Series 1800kv motor running an eight inch prop on 2S. The Crack Series motor is 1450kv so takes an nine inch on 2S and an eight inch on 3S.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:50 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Still have my x series on the slick good motor. Though I like the 24 gram one better, going to put the spare on the Slick. Should pull better with it.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:17 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Oooooooohh! I just got some new Crack in the mail! It's gonna be a neat one!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777