HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:28 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
How did you get yours so quick Azarr? are you part of the team now? they aren't even on the site yet are they?

Nice job. Can't decide if I like the Green Orange one or the Purple Blue one best.
No team affiliations, but a good customer I'll have it at the JR Indoor meet if anyone wants to check it out there. hmm, I see people saying purple/blue, but it looks pink/blue on my monitor. Either way, I want one.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:51 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
I was flying my slick last night and found that my prop was a little loose for my liking. I have been using the latex tubing from Lowes. I'm flying only on 2s. Anyone else have issues with this tubing?
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
I have the Turnigy9X V2 TX and a few extra Turnigy 8 channel RX,s.Plan on using it on the new twisted 32",so question is will the RX be to big for this small plane ? I think there is a smaller RX that will work with my TX if i need to get one.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I was flying my slick last night and found that my prop was a little loose for my liking. I have been using the latex tubing from Lowes. I'm flying only on 2s. Anyone else have issues with this tubing?
The tubing comes in different sizes. You may need to use a smaller diameter tubing and/or thicker walled tubing. Also, how wide of a slice matters as well - are you too thin?

Personally, I use #35 o-rings from lowes plumbing section. A minimum of two and as my flying has become more aggressive, I am now using three #35 o-rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
I have the Turnigy9X V2 TX and a few extra Turnigy 8 channel RX,s.Plan on using it on the new twisted 32",so question is will the RX be to big for this small plane ? I think there is a smaller RX that will work with my TX if i need to get one.
18 grams is heavy for a rx on these planes. Removing the case usually cuts the rx weight in half.

That would get you down to around 9-10 grams which is fine.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Any coupons for twisted ? about to click on the checkout button, for the 32" crack yak pitt
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
The tubing comes in different sizes. You may need to use a smaller diameter tubing and/or thicker walled tubing. Also, how wide of a slice matters as well - are you too thin?

Personally, I use #35 o-rings from lowes plumbing section. A minimum of two and as my flying has become more aggressive, I am now using three #35 o-rings.

18 grams is heavy for a rx on these planes. Removing the case usually cuts the rx weight in half.

That would get you down to around 9-10 grams which is fine.

JC
Ok removed case so we shall see heck a micro that will work with my turngy9x is only around $12, on another note, i have the epp edge 32" on the way (be here monday !) i ordered a 3s battery,and there seems to be some that say it may get to hot or suck to much battery, so should i get the 2s 600 for that and also for the new crack yak pitts im about to order ?
Last edited by fastfwd; Oct 13, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Now I'm really confused. You've got the Edge on it's way, that I understand but is it the Crack Yak or the Crack Pitts your going to order? it was me that said to watch your run times on the stock power combo. I presume it's the Crack Series 24g 1450kv motor your getting and I think I remember you saying it was the 360mah 3s packs you ordered. I don't think there will be any problem with them handling the power just that the flight times will be shorter than it would on 2s or 3s 450's. To give you an idea I fly my Crack Pitts with the Crack Series 24g 1450kv motor on it with 3s 380mah packs. If I'm careful I can get a five minute flight but I set my timer for four and a half. If I have a normal flight I will come in as soon as the timer goes off, if I have been doing a lot of floating around I don't rush so much. The packs come down at between about 3.7 and 3.8V which shouldn't do the batteries any harm.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Had a fantastic indoor session again tonight. Only three of us flying, I had the Slick and the Pitts with me this time and the others had the Crack Yak and another Crack Pitts. I flew the Pitts on 3s all night and had the Slick on an X Series 1480kv motor and 2s. I found the combination of the two of them very good for mixing up the flying a bit. It's not often we get three of us going all out to get as many flights in as we can so it made for some interesting avoiding tactics, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't what a laugh. Snowing epp all over the place the prop wins every time.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Now I'm really confused. You've got the Edge on it's way, that I understand but is it the Crack Yak or the Crack Pitts your going to order? it was me that said to watch your run times on the stock power combo. I presume it's the Crack Series 24g 1450kv motor your getting and I think I remember you saying it was the 360mah 3s packs you ordered. I don't think there will be any problem with them handling the power just that the flight times will be shorter than it would on 2s or 3s 450's. To give you an idea I fly my Crack Pitts with the Crack Series 24g 1450kv motor on it with 3s 380mah packs. If I'm careful I can get a five minute flight but I set my timer for four and a half. If I have a normal flight I will come in as soon as the timer goes off, if I have been doing a lot of floating around I don't rush so much. The packs come down at between about 3.7 and 3.8V which shouldn't do the batteries any harm.
okay sounds good, wish i would just clicked on both planes when i ordered LOL , but it is the Crack Pitts that i am ordering now,give me something to play with when its cold and snowing,ill build it slow and easy i am ordering the power pack for the pitts just as i did for the edge .

Wooot ! Wife is going to cut me when she finds out ! But hey im 62 yrs young and dont care LOL

Qty | Description | Price Each | Total Price
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 | TH 30" EPP Crack Pitts M12 Biplane | $84.99 | $84.99

1 | Power Combo ++ "Standard" 30-32" Models | $66.98 | $66.98

1 | Lipo Twisted Hobbys 3S 360mah 25~50C | $11.99 | $11.99
Subtotal $163.96
Tax $0.00
Shipping (USPS Priority / UPS Ground (For Oversized $16.00
Items Only)) & Handling
Balance Due $179.96
Last edited by fastfwd; Oct 13, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:55 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
it is definately an addiction
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:37 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
it is definately an addiction
Crack is killing me, I'm losing track of how many I have.

Brad got tired of me whining about getting unpainted Crack and arranged to sell me two of them. My buddy Gary Pierson (flyboyz43) painted them both. Can't wait to get them in the air.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:45 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Now that looks sweeet! I'm envious of both getting the plain jane and the paint job.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:46 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,095 Posts
That is impressive. Amazing skill!!
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Crack is killing me, I'm losing track of how many I have.

Brad got tired of me whining about getting unpainted Crack and arranged to sell me two of them. My buddy Gary Pierson (flyboyz43) painted them both. Can't wait to get them in the air.

Azarr
Ahhh yes a labor of love for sure ! Excellent job ! Crap ! I forgot to order the 8x4.3 props ! So i went ahead and ordered four of them,and put in a note asking that they send them with my order for the Pitts.. hmmm wonder what else i forgot ! Getting old sucks !
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
960 Posts
He just turned 11.

CRACKITTYYAKITTY 101312 (4 min 51 sec)

ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak