HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:17 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Ahhh Twisted are doing 3s 360mah packs. Watch your flight times with the 32inch power set and those batts, I'd start with 4mins and check how much your putting back in. My guess is you'll end up around 4.5mins with some throttle management. You'll love the Edge, I've had mine for a long time now and it still gets some serious flying in.

Interesting to look around the Twisted site and see the new Lipo's they have in stock. Gives us some clue's as to what is coming up next
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Jul 2012
169 Posts
Fastfwd, smart choice going with the Twisted power combo. My first motor on the Crack Yak was 'another brand' which I was not happy with, so I got the Twisted motor/esc and the plane came to life. The instant response it has at full throttle-up gets me out of a lot of trouble when I fly dumb close to the ground. My favorite move is full throttle rolls going straight up. It will climb out of sight if you let it. Cool.
markl22 is offline Find More Posts by markl22
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,397 Posts
Yeah Avie I'm waiting to see what they have in store for us. Of course I'm just happy to be on the mend after feeling like crap for the past month.

Being cheap I wasn't going to go for the power combo but did anyways and I'll tell ya it was the best choice. It makes all the other combos I have seem like they are standing still.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Ahhh Twisted are doing 3s 360mah packs. ......

.......Interesting to look around the Twisted site and see the new Lipo's they have in stock. Gives us some clue's as to what is coming up next
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:27 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
"Anticipation of death is worse than death itself" This anticipation has got to be worse.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:44 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
Agreed 3fly... I'm on the verge of buying a new plane, and don't know whether or not to pull the trigger on what is already there, or wait for the surprise!

I mean, there is a probability I'll end up with both of them sooner or later regardless, but still.....
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:02 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I want to buy something else but I want to wait and see what is coming. We need details details details. I can't buy them all so have to be selective.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
Purchased the 48" Sbach, and shipped the same day. Nice!
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:55 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,643 Posts
Crack Yak Lite is going to be the first thing out of the door. Other airplanes are still being prototyped and tested and will likely be at least 3 or 4 weeks from now.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick662u View Post
Purchased the 48" Sbach, and shipped the same day. Nice!
Please let me know how you like it!!!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Crack Yak Lite is going to be the first thing out of the door. Other airplanes are still being prototyped and tested and will likely be at least 3 or 4 weeks from now.
Can you elaborate any more on the Lite? Same size as the current just with thinner foam? or will it be a noticeably smaller airframe?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Excellent. I'm sure we could all help test a prototype or 2. Haha. A couple in the hands of mere mortal fliers. Lol

Can't wait Cody. New planes are exciting.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:27 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
Can you elaborate any more on the Lite? Same size as the current just with thinner foam? or will it be a noticeably smaller airframe?
I can't elaborate on the CY L yet, you'll have to wait for the official announcement!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
I can't elaborate on the CY L yet, you'll have to wait for the official announcement!
That's just wrong.
Ahh, oh well....
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:11 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
Can you tell us when that may be? I want to make sure I can get to the Twisted Site before they're sold out.