HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:39 PM
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,252 Posts
I have both 2s and 3s for this plane. I'm prepping for indoor season so I'll probably be running 2s which I have more of anyway. I was thinking of going with the larger of the two motors: run 2s for indoor and have the for 3s outdoor next year.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:15 AM
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
828 Posts
I say to make it simple, just get the whole power combo from Twisted. You can't really go wrong with that. If you already have servo's and the esc, just go with the 24g 1450 crack series motor (if you're going with one of the 30-32" planes. It's smooth, quiet, and has plenty of power. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
828 Posts
I have a question maybe some of you can help answer... My wife has asked what I want for my birthday... Of course a new plane is in my mind. I'm torn between waiting for the release of the new...... whatever it is, or going with a larger plane, like the 48" Sbach. My question is, does anyone own any of the other large planes on the Twisted site, like the Edge? How do they compare to the Sbach? Reviews I have read pretty much seem to put the Sbach in a world of excellence all it's own. Is that the truth?
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:02 AM
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I say to make it simple, just get the whole power combo from Twisted. You can't really go wrong with that. If you already have servo's and the esc, just go with the 24g 1450 crack series motor (if you're going with one of the 30-32" planes. It's smooth, quiet, and has plenty of power. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
Thanks JForbes. But it's more about learning the differences in the motors than just buying what I already have. I originally bought the Crack Series 2204 power combo. I wanted to learn what A) the difference in the numbers meant (which I believe I've learned) and B) would I get much different NOTICEABLE performance with the 2206.

So question B is still left unanswered. Will I get better/more/different performance out of a larger motor. They both turn the same props so what will be the difference I'll notice (if any) with the larger motor?
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:04 AM
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,854 Posts
JForbes,

I have the Sbach and the Telink SU-29.

Both are great planes but the Sbach is the better plane in my opinion.

So light that it flies like a foamie but yet it is the closest to balsa that I have yet to encounter.

As close to my 48" Extreme Flight 300 EXP as it gets.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:09 AM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
You can also fly the larger Telinks and RCF's in much more wind.
Kris... is online now Find More Posts by Kris...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:48 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I have a question maybe some of you can help answer... My wife has asked what I want for my birthday... Of course a new plane is in my mind. I'm torn between waiting for the release of the new...... whatever it is, or going with a larger plane, like the 48" Sbach. My question is, does anyone own any of the other large planes on the Twisted site, like the Edge? How do they compare to the Sbach? Reviews I have read pretty much seem to put the Sbach in a world of excellence all it's own. Is that the truth?
I'd go bigger if I had the room in my apartment (lots of smaller foamies) and the gear for larger planes batts, motors etc. The 330 sc looks like a winner from what I've read if you're looking for a bigger plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Thanks JForbes. But it's more about learning the differences in the motors than just buying what I already have. I originally bought the Crack Series 2204 power combo. I wanted to learn what A) the difference in the numbers meant (which I believe I've learned) and B) would I get much different NOTICEABLE performance with the 2206.

So question B is still left unanswered. Will I get better/more/different performance out of a larger motor. They both turn the same props so what will be the difference I'll notice (if any) with the larger motor?
cdee did a comparision between the 24 and 26gm motors and the 26 did have a bit more power. Though either on 3s would scream, I like the extra power of 3s when hot doging.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:06 AM
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
cdee did a comparision between the 24 and 26gm motors and the 26 did have a bit more power. Though either on 3s would scream, I like the extra power of 3s when hot doging.
Good to know. So it sounds like for the extra 2g's it's worth it. Cool.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Oct 2012
12 Posts
subbing i love my crack yak
CPRC is offline Find More Posts by CPRC
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Good to know. So it sounds like for the extra 2g's it's worth it. Cool.
Once you try 3s its hard to go back to 2s.
Kris... is online now Find More Posts by Kris...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:52 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Once you try 3s its hard to go back to 2s.
will the stock esc and motor handle the 3s ? Also can you guys help me make up my ever changing mind !! Was going for the pitts, but now down to a choice between the edge 540 or the crack yak 55 .. if you have flown one or both which would be best. ( i have a Sbach 342 48" foamy) still consider myself a newbie.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:54 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
will the stock esc and motor handle the 3s ? Also can you guys help me make up my ever changing mind !! Was going for the pitts, but now down to a choice between the edge 540 or the crack yak 55 .. if you have flown one or both which would be best. ( i have a Sbach 342 48" foamy) still consider myself a newbie.
All very good choices!! I have owned and flow all three. Don't have the Edge any more, as I let a fellow pilot fly it at the park a couple weeks ago and there was no parting him from it afterwards... lol..! I still have the Yak and Pitts, fly them all the time.

I think someone posted here or in one of the other threads in response to a similar question - that really the best thing to do is pick which one you like the looks of the best and go with that... they are all great fliers, and you will not be disappointed with any of them. The Pitts, being a bipe, will be a little bit more of a build than the other two, but there is just something about a Bipe that makes any extra effort worth it in the end..
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:29 PM
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Once you try 3s its hard to go back to 2s.
Oh yeah! I already know. I have 2s and 3s.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:59 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,279 Posts
well couldnt stand it anymore !!

1 | Power Combo ++ "Standard" 30-32" Models | $65.99 | $65.99

1 | Lipo Twisted Hobbys 3S 360mah 25~50C | $11.99 | $11.99

1 | TH 32" EPP Edge 540 HB | $74.99 | $74.99

1 | Prop Saver Bands HQ "Heavy Duty" (5) | $2.95 | $2.95

1 | CA Insta-Cure+ Med Glue 3/4oz Pin Cap | $4.99 | $4.99
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal $160.91
Tax $0.00
Shipping (USPS Priority / UPS Ground (For Oversized $16.00
Items Only)) & Handling
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance Due $176.91
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:55 AM
Fly Low!!!! No Sked.
AirHermit's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
51 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.
You will not be disapointed with the 3s set up. The power it will produce for your Edge 540 will have grinning with pleasure, as i did with my YakGold and Pitts.
But I now run on 2s as im trying to slow down and lighten up so I can practice my 3D skills. But ultimately, the 3s will help with CG better.
Enjoy!!!
AirHermit is offline Find More Posts by AirHermit
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 561 Apr 03, 2014 06:45 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 469 Mar 22, 2014 07:46 AM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" Yak 55 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1006 Feb 22, 2014 03:52 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 76 Aug 30, 2012 12:08 AM
Discussion RC Factory USA - Twisted Hobbys - 1.2m SU 29 Build Thread. hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 97 Oct 19, 2011 06:34 AM