SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:48 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Hmm the foam on that one looks thinner? Could be just the picture. Looks real nice though. Can't wait for more details.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:14 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Hey guys,

We're in the process of testing a different version of the Crack Yak. We just got the first production prototypes and are currently flight testing them, getting the manual ready, stocking the power systems and generally getting the model exactly where we want it before we release it. That being said, we are close to getting it out to the world so I wanted to share with you a detailed photo that clearly demonstrates the qualities of the new plane.

One thing I will emphasize is that this is not a one for one replacement for the existing Crack Yak. It is something very different. More to come!
Hurray can't wait!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:14 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,591 Posts
Is there an airplane in that photo?

I can't see it.......

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Last edited by pugsam; Oct 03, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:17 PM
TEAM TWISTED
ROLLING CIRCLE's Avatar
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,032 Posts
We talked to Brad about this project yesterday... Without giving anything away, let's just say we are super excited... Credit Card is on Defcon 5 ready to launch into charge mode at a moments notice... Thanks for keeping things interesting you guys!!!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:21 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Hmm the foam on that one looks thinner? Could be just the picture. Looks real nice though. Can't wait for more details.
That's the first thing I noticed too. What might the chances be of this being a depron precision model?
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
We talked to Brad about this project yesterday... Without giving anything away, let's just say we are super excited... Credit Card is on Defcon 5 ready to launch into charge mode at a moments notice... Thanks for keeping things interesting you guys!!!
Can't wait to see Arron tear it up with one of these!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:18 PM
TEAM TWISTED
ROLLING CIRCLE's Avatar
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Can't wait to see Arron tear it up with one of these!
Can't wait... it'll be like YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAWWWWWWW!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
That's the first thing I noticed too. What might the chances be of this being a depron precision model?
I'm hoping it's EPP with the awesome RCF and Twisted bracing instead of all the carbon rods....

Yea... that model is H....OT! Can you tell us more about her too?
JForbes is online now Find More Posts by JForbes
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:53 AM
Build em lite......
Joined Apr 2012
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I'm hoping it's EPP with the awesome RCF and Twisted bracing instead of all the carbon rods....

Yea... that model is H....OT! Can you tell us more about her too?
I am betting on the following:
- Micro Ultra Lite Yak
- high quality shaved EPP with carbon fiber structural re-enforcing
- in the sub 50-60 grm AUW
- targeted at the indoor setting
Seems to be a market that TH/RCF has not hit as yet...maybe a natural?
nkhamlue is offline Find More Posts by nkhamlue
Last edited by nkhamlue; Oct 04, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,813 Posts
all great guesses...!!
this one is going to be a great addition to the line-up...
stay tuned...
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Last edited by cdee; Oct 04, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
If that's anywhere close it has me real intrigued now. That would put it in the realm of a true front room flyer surely. I hope that the use of carbon is restricted to main spars and such and we're not going back to crisscross carbon bracing. By the look of the photo I would think not.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:46 PM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
If that's anywhere close it has me real intrigued now. That would put it in the realm of a true front room flyer surely. I hope that the use of carbon is restricted to main spars and such and we're not going back to crisscross carbon bracing. By the look of the photo I would think not.
Really ? The one in the video next to the Pitts looks bigger than the Pitts
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Really ? The one in the video next to the Pitts looks bigger than the Pitts
Yes the one in the video is but there are others in the works. I don't think that is the next one going to be released. I'm just going on the post quoted below and cdee's response to it. Who knows but whatever it is I'm sure it'll be good, the question is have I got more room for more planes or more likely how am I going to make room for more

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhamlue View Post
I am betting on the following:
- Micro Ultra Lite Yak
- high quality shaved EPP with carbon fiber structural re-enforcing
- in the sub 50-60 grm AUW
- targeted at the indoor setting
Seems to be a market that TH/RCF has not hit as yet...maybe a natural?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
all great guesses...!!
this one is going to be a great addition to the line-up...
stay tuned...
.
cdee
.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Time to buy a bigger motor home mate me thinks
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Funnily enough I've been toying with the idea of getting a box trailer to hang off the back of it
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 573 Sep 24, 2014 08:32 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 485 Jul 17, 2014 10:24 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 78 May 28, 2014 05:40 PM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" Yak 55 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1006 Feb 22, 2014 03:52 PM
Discussion RC Factory USA - Twisted Hobbys - 1.2m SU 29 Build Thread. hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 97 Oct 19, 2011 06:34 AM