HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:25 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Never thought of using por for the servos, thanks for the tip guys. Been doing the masking tape with hot glue method till now.
Hot glue is far to heavy for a small foamy use welders or por.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:03 PM
United States, VA, Rockingham
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
servo chatter...

I recently built my first Crack Yak with TH stock servos. I added an extension onto the 5g rudder servo arm but wasn't too careful about keeping the servo rod straight from the servo arm back to the rudder horn. The crooked tracking of the (very light) rod seemed to work the servo pretty hard, as I was noticing some cracking sounds and stuttering in the rudder movement. I pulled the rod guides out of the fuse and CA'd some extensions (coffee stir sticks) to them before gluing everything back in a truer line. It seems to have relieved the servo and the action on the rudder is much smoother. I have learned more about 3D with this plane than all my others combined. Can't wait for Crack Yak V2. I will definately be a buyer! Happy Flying, Michael
oldpoppy is offline Find More Posts by oldpoppy
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:24 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
I had a similiar issue on one of my planes. I thought I had the guides all lined up but they weren't. two of the guides ended up popping out of the foam and I've just let them go. I think my next TH plane, I may just glue a coffee straw onto a spare piece of EPP foam and stick that out there in a place or two as a guild system.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:39 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Yeah, just remove the heat shrink, then just drill a shallow hole the size of the connector in a small wood block, insert the connector in the hole to hold it and reheat the solder joint to remelt the solder to make sure you have good connection. Then just put some new heat shrink on and see what happens. Good luck man, if this dosn't work it's either the motor or most like the esc. At this point if possible just substitute a different motor first as a test, then a different esc and see what happens.
That would be a great substitute but I don't have another motor or esc to try.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:40 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I had a similiar issue on one of my planes. I thought I had the guides all lined up but they weren't. two of the guides ended up popping out of the foam and I've just let them go. I think my next TH plane, I may just glue a coffee straw onto a spare piece of EPP foam and stick that out there in a place or two as a guild system.
Keep an eye out on the Carbon Upgrades page of the Twisted Hobbys site...
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:43 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Oooh Crack Bling
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:58 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Oooh Crack Bling

cdee
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:23 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,629 Posts
That's not the only new thing you guys can expect. Something is coming from RCF and Twisted in the coming weeks that is going to be absolutely awesome. We are taking EPP to the next level.

There are 2, maybe 3 more models coming after that, which are in the prototype phase right now.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:31 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,731 Posts
gotta spend your xmas money on something right???...
cdee
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:37 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
That's not the only new thing you guys can expect. Something is coming from RCF and Twisted in the coming weeks that is going to be absolutely awesome. We are taking EPP to the next level.

There are 2, maybe 3 more models coming after that, which are in the prototype phase right now.
Awesome. Maybe my girlfriend can get me an early birthday/christmas present
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:09 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Quote:

This is cruel punishment to my wallet I tell ya.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Sep 2005
69 Posts
Servos

Thanks for input guys. anyone know where i can buy jr188 servos in the UK?
Chris Corbett is offline Find More Posts by Chris Corbett
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:10 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:

Don't say that dangit! You gonna make me call and bug Brad.

Hey Brad, if you're out there, tell us, and I'll save the 300 bucks thats burning a hole in my pocket instead of spending it on something else.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Last edited by winndaddy; Oct 03, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:45 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
The next new thing!

Hey guys,

We're in the process of testing a different version of the Crack Yak. We just got the first production prototypes and are currently flight testing them, getting the manual ready, stocking the power systems and generally getting the model exactly where we want it before we release it. That being said, we are close to getting it out to the world so I wanted to share with you a detailed photo that clearly demonstrates the qualities of the new plane.

One thing I will emphasize is that this is not a one for one replacement for the existing Crack Yak. It is something very different. More to come!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:48 PM
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jan 2009
594 Posts
The main gear is beautiful!!! The plane gear is nice too!
daedalusrobert is offline Find More Posts by daedalusrobert