HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:51 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
946 Posts
JC, if I had a place to fly indoors throughout the colder months/windy days, I would already have purchased it probably... I think I need to save my coins and build an indoor soccer facility here in my little town! lol
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
JC, if I had a place to fly indoors throughout the colder months/windy days, I would already have purchased it probably... I think I need to save my coins and build an indoor soccer facility here in my little town! lol
The little Slicks fly great outdoors too!

But there is no replacement for the big 48.8" SBach 342. It is unique in that it flies very much like the smaller ones but also like a balsa bird. You have to fly one to experience this. You also get the benefits of it being EPP.

JC
JC Spohr is online now Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:39 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
Indoor season is just around the corner, and all of the awesome airplanes that entails
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:03 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,743 Posts
24g / 26g Motors...

There was no flying joy for me today, windy and rainy, so the flight report on the 26g motor will wait another day.

Winter is coming..... stock up on 360mAh batteries now for your indoor foamie!
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:38 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I know cdee... I've read through the thread and watched about every youtube clip of it.... My next purchase may be that or RealFlight6.... both will make me better....
I say go for RF6 i bought it a few months ago and its fantastic ! I also own Phoenix and FSonev2 but find i only use RF6 now, especially for 3D you will be stoked ! And the KnifeEdge Swap pages are endless
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Sep 26, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
The little Slicks fly great outdoors too!

But there is no replacement for the big 48.8" SBach 342. It is unique in that it flies very much like the smaller ones but also like a balsa bird. You have to fly one to experience this. You also get the benefits of it being EPP.

JC
Could not agree with you more JC.
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:13 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,438 Posts
I want a 3d simulator (with the 3d glasses). I think that is what I am missing.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:21 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I want a 3d simulator (with the 3d glasses). I think that is what I am missing.
Reflex XTR2 v.5.05.5 - Worlds First Stereoscopic 3D R/C Flight Simulator (1 min 50 sec)
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:15 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,438 Posts
That is exactly what I am talking about...

Meanwhile,
I need to get some planes built so I can order crack yaks for my son and me.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
187 Posts
Had an opportunity to speak w/ Brad @ Twisted Hobbys yesterday for some servo and power advice. He was very helpful, patient and pleasant. The last words before we hung up were "Call us anytime!". My experiences with Twisted w/ ordering, shipment, email and phone have all been a great example of excellent customer service. Thank you Brad!
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:27 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
946 Posts
I just got confirmation that my 12 new GenAces packs should be arriving today. Whoo-Hoo.... guess what has two thumbs and won't have to wait over the charger at the flying field as much anymore...... (with two thumbs up, pointing them back at me) THIS GUY!!!!

Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2012
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless View Post
Had an opportunity to speak w/ Brad @ Twisted Hobbys yesterday for some servo and power advice. He was very helpful, patient and pleasant. The last words before we hung up were "Call us anytime!". My experiences with Twisted w/ ordering, shipment, email and phone have all been a great example of excellent customer service. Thank you Brad!
Same here, very helpful when I bought my Crack Yak and Sbach 342 48.8. Everything works perfect and the planes fly awesome!
Mr Oz is offline Find More Posts by Mr Oz
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:33 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
24g / 26g Motors...

There was no flying joy for me today, windy and rainy, so the flight report on the 26g motor will wait another day.

Winter is coming..... stock up on 360mAh batteries now for your indoor foamie!
cdee
Got 5 or six 3s packs in last night between lighting strikes. On 3s/8in prop, 26g motor works really nicely with the Pitts, very similar to the 24g motor, just a little motor grunt... it does take a little more energy (higher amp draw), so if you are flying with lots of throttle you will notice a slight decrease in flight times. On 2s/9in prop low and slow was nice, but lacked the vertical of the 3s.

Thunder was Crackin' all around me last night, it was kinda fun!!...
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:38 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
946 Posts
Would you say it's worth a motor upgrade for those flying on 2s, or maybe better suited just for the 3s users?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
had a strange thing happen flying my telink big slick on its last flight... i dumped a wingtip, actually broke it, after that i just ripped off another wingtip (together shortening wings by around 2-3"), put in a heavier(30 and than 65c) batery, and actually the heavier battery got, the more i liked it... my tail was kinda waggy (?) on a setup, so my guess is bigger power and weight helped but still.... anyway, im finally retiring my slick and getting another buster..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts