HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,597 Posts
Great Write up Vint! I love my Crack Yak. And I have often debated on getting the Bipe. I also have the Extra slick 44" I love both for different reasons. The CY is fantastic for Pulling out anywhere and flying. Which is what I really like since my yard is pretty small.

That being said I converted my Slick into a very heavy Pig of glue and leds..lol Still fun but not as much as it used to be.

i am sitting here with my cart populated with either the new Twisted Hobbies Extra 330 or another CY with lights. Just cant decide. My really did me right when he got me the CY for fathers day!
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
Couldn't have waited until after NEAT to move could you? Had hoped to see you there
Oh.. I could of but the wife couldn't.. Something about the kids would of missed school for almost 6 weeks.. .. My mom also asked aren't you going to attend NEAT first. I found that funny that my mom knew more about NEAT then my wife.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri View Post
I finished the Crack Pitts this weekend and had to take it out for a test flight...... or 4!

The plane has lived up to all its hype! I'm very impressed. Too bad it was build for a friend. I guess I'll have to dig up some hobby funds to get one for myself!

I posted a review on my website: http://www.vintauri.com

Plus I had my 7 year old son take some video of the maiden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jL_HbY1NG8

Cool vid! Glad the CP met your expectations. Any info on sound track?
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Cool vid! Glad the CP met your expectations. Any info on sound track?
Thanks for the compliments. The sound track is just something I pulled together in Garage Band. I've made a few background tracks like this for videos.

Hoping I can sell some other less used planes and gear at a swap meet this weekend so I can order the Crack Yak next.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,482 Posts
Flying my planes around the hotel parking lot just doesn't get it. The Edge 540 is my on the road plane. The poor thing has taken a real beating. Its not the pretty thing it was at birth 'finished build' . Has quite a bit more Welders on it now. Will soon be time for a new airframe. Just hate to give up on it. Be back home soon so it can go back on the wall for a rest.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:16 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
I got to maiden my 2nd Twisted plane this weekend... the Pitts. It was a lot of fun, but I still love my slick. It's amazing how two planes, built very much alike, with all the same components, can be so different. I only fly them on 2s for now, which is plenty for me for learning... but I love these things.

Who says being a "Crack Addict" is a bad thing.... lol
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:13 AM
Old School
Hermosa Beach, CA
Joined Jul 2004
36 Posts
Crack Yak Builder in So Cal Wanted

Any builders near LAX in So Cal want to build my Crack Yak? Have new in-box 32" CY, carbon gear, welders, Orange RX, Gforce 2S 500Mah. Just ordered the 1450 Power Combo from TH. Have cash, but no time/talent/energy to build. PM or call Bob at 310-400-9158.
Thanks,
.................... Have .......................................... Want
Moparbob is offline Find More Posts by Moparbob
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:20 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,196 Posts
Aha i like the ''Have......Want'' part. I would totally build that for you but i'm in the bay area. Good luck getting your Crack Yak flying.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
I've got a cousin in Hermosa Beach... but that neither here nor there... Well, it is there... but doesn't do r/c.... It's a super-easy and pretty quick build. Put a nice little tv dinner tray in your bathroom and just work on it when you're.... you know... sittin' around. you'll have it built in a couple of days.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:25 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
Put a nice little tv dinner tray in your bathroom and just work on it when you're.... you know... sittin' around. you'll have it built in a couple of days.
LOL. Thanks, now I can't get that image out my mind
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,482 Posts
If your trying to cover up the glue smell that'll do it.
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:43 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
If I see a news story of some guy getting welders some where he shouldn't I know who is to blame.

If I can build one of these, anyone can.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:47 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Hey, I do kind of wish they had the option of an assembled plane. But shipping would probably be to hard? ALso, like with cars/boats, when you build it yourself, it's 1,000% easier to troubleshoot and repair the model. You know exactly how it goes together and functions. If you have someone else build it for you, chances are you will need them again when it's time for repairs.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:11 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
Build a balsa kit with an airfoiled wing... then cover it... then set it up... You'll have a whole new appreciation for how easy these Twisted planes are to assemble. They are about the easiest kit I've ever built. Really all you need is a hobby knife/razor blade and some Welders adhesive (or the equivalent of your choice) and a couple of hours time. The only thing that is hard, and takes time, is waiting for the glue to dry enough so you can move to the next step.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:46 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I just wish the kit suppliers would keep the latest version of how to build on thier websites. Both with the Polaris and the Pitts, there are several different versions on how to do certain things. Confusing for a new B. On the Pitts build, the one thing I did not like was that it suggests using two z-bends for the rods? that hold the wings parallel. I did mine with easy connects, and I am thinking that is much, much, easier than the way suggested. I guess the kits suppliers assume that anyone building a plane like this already must have experience? Not me, lol. Jumped into the fire with both feet and a pocket full of gunpowder.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56