HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
I'm guessing its going to be a 2s 138mah battery setup. The development is going to be interesting to watch.

Maybe it will use the beast internals with a smaller battery.
Throwing non durable equipment on a plane that is supposed to be durable doesn't seem like a bright idea to me. Just saying... And if the official size is 16", it will be really heavy with beast gear, or any 2s setup for that matter.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:33 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
I guess that's going to be apart of their design then. Those umxs use the same servo receiver esc setups(Well mostly). The baby crack yak has this from the picture but as Cody said it will most likely change.

That setup is really light, start adding servos, esc, and rx and the weight adds up fast.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:01 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
As I said before the micro stuff is going to be different (and far superior) to what you see in that picture. I can't say yet what servos, motor, ESC, batteries, etc this plane will have but it will be durable and fly awesome.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
As I said before the micro stuff is going to be different (and far superior) to what you see in that picture. I can't say yet what servos, motor, ESC, batteries, etc this plane will have but it will be durable and fly awesome.
SUCH A TEASE!!!!!

I have a birthday coming up next month... my wife will need a week or so worth of notice.... Do you have a release date yet? Do you guys announce planes here first? I'm just a tad anxious... can you tell?
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:06 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
You guys aiming for a tent flyer like at seff? It would be nice to fly in my two car garage but I can only hover my crack yak for so long.

So how's the big crack yak coming along since you are teasing us
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:40 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
It's great to see such interest in the smaller CY!

Again, we are still very much in the development and prototyping stage. However, we have realized that for many pilots a 32" model is a bit intimidating indoors while the BNF UMX airplanes, while they perform very well, lack some durability. We want to address both of these issues.

There are also plenty more very good things in the pipeline in many sizes, shapes, and configurations!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Last edited by cwojcik; Sep 06, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:51 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
60" extra epp
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:55 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Hello, can you tell me please what size bullet connectors come soldered onto the Twisted Hobbys "Crack Series" 2204-2450KV 24g Brushless motor? I see the 20amp ESC comes with 2mm? Just checking that the motor does as well. I don't see the size for the motor connectors on the site. While I'm at it, what type of connector comes on the TH lipos? The 450mah Crack series.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:02 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
20A ESC? I thought Twisted does a 12A geared toward the Crack Series. Anyway to answer you questions they are 2mm and the TH lipo's come with the red JST connector on them, as far as I know so does the 12A ESC. The power set is plug and play.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I didnt order the "combo" as I have servo's, rx, and a couple things. I did order just about everything else though. I thought for a couple $ more I'd go with the 20 amp, and a program card. I'll probably end up using Deans on the battery side. Scratch that, just going to use the JST ones.

Edit: Ok, I see what you mean about the "plug and play", much easier to go with the recommended gear. As you say, already has it all installed for you. Thanks again.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Got an email from Hobby King today the orange Rx on sale now for $3.99 heres the link if I did this right.

Tom

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...m_medium=email
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:59 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Got an email from Hobby King today the orange Rx on sale now for $3.99 heres the link if I did this right.

Tom

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...m_medium=email
only one per order and cheapest shipping is 2.99. So we save a couple of bucks.

Wish they would have upped it to 3 units.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:39 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,744 Posts
Yea, when I seen that there was a limit of two, I passed on the whole deal... I was all qued up to order 10...
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:04 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Yea, when I seen that there was a limit of two, I passed on the whole deal... I was all qued up to order 10...
cdee
Me too cdee lol but the limit was 1 not 2 oh well still bought the 1 unit you can never have enough of these and its a good deal and cheaper than buying one off fleabay
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:10 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Me too cdee lol but the limit was 1 not 2 oh well still bought the 1 unit you can never have enough of these and its a good deal and cheaper than buying one off fleabay
I was going to gear up for a Winter Build Fest... lol.. !! Ordered a stack of 2200mAh batteries for the 330, maybe the limit was associated to an order volume or something.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee