SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:56 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I am thinking of ordering the Pitts biplane. I love that it can be flown almost anywhere. How is it in light wind? Is the 450mah battery the largest it will handle? Does anyone fly this plane on 3s? or only 2s. Looking the site over it seems I can get the Pitts and all the necessary accesories, even a couple batts and landing gear for around 200 bones, not bad. I have all the charging equipment and radio already.
I fly mine on 2s 450mah packs from hobbypartz. They're about $5. Ienjoy flying it in a little wind. Just makes it more fun.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
I like to use the sky lipo 500's
SteveTheGoat is offline Find More Posts by SteveTheGoat
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:08 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGoat View Post
I like to use the sky lipo 500's
so 500's would be about the limit then?
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 01, 2012, 12:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
You could use a 1000 if you wanted to. Its just a matter of cg.
SteveTheGoat is offline Find More Posts by SteveTheGoat
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:47 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Has anyone here flown the Crack Yak in Realflight? Is it pretty much like flying the real thing? I was suprised at how it flies, as I am a total newcomer. I have been only flying in RF so far, even though I did build a foam plane. I need a really slow and steady one to learn on. I love flying the CY in RF, but am thinking more of getting the Pitts model.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:39 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Yeah i have they did a great job also loving RF6
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:56 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
982 Posts
A micro.... how micro? What size span are we talking? 20"? smaller" Give us a peek at the prototype... maybe? I want one!
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:18 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Yeah come'on ! a sneek peak
I do hope there not going to be using the parkzone brick and those dust magnets they call servos in the micro
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Sep 05, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:10 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
I hear there is a lot of designing and flight testing going on!

Can't wait for a bigger Crack series whatever to come out.
STLAV8R is online now Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:45 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,651 Posts
Since lots of people saw this fly at SEFF I don't mind sharing it:

This is the first prototype at a 16" wingspan. It is a significant improvement in rolling and harrier performance over the UMX Extra 300 and of course it is much, much more durable. Really a blast to fly. I handed the transmitter to a few people at SEFF and Chris just couldn't stop laughing as he was doing the snake back and forth in an area the size of a pop-up tent. However we are not satisfied with the power and longevity of the single cell UMX power system so we are looking into other options. The final version will be different than what you see here but we hope to make it a reality for this coming indoor season.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:55 AM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
That thing will be awesome. Can I preorder it now. Hahaha. If its as durable as a big one then I just found my work cafeteria flyer. Hehe.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:57 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
982 Posts
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

That is a great size, and it would be awesome to have a plane I can fly in my house, without giving my wife or dog a heart attack. I have a question for you though... or for anyone, really... is it possible to build a small plane (less than 20" span) and not have to use the carbon braces? I can see using a tube in the fuse/wing/stab, etc... but it would be awesome if there was a way to build these things structurally sound without the carbon bracing. IMO, it just takes away from the look of the plane... Not saying I wouldn't still build/own/love the plane shown above. I just wonder if the little 45 degree supports under the horizontal fuse would work as well as it does in the larger 32" Crack planes. I'm guessing using thicker epp isn't an option due to weight, right?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to take away from the awesomeness of the plane you posted... just some building questions I had... I've been experimenting with different foams and just got into EPP scratchbuilding myself. Regardless, If it comes from Twisted, I know it will be right! Great work, and I don't know when the "indoor season" starts, but I'm ready for it!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:58 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
That thing will be awesome. Can I preorder it now. Hahaha. If its as durable as a big one then I just found my work cafeteria flyer. Hehe.
x2!! lol
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:27 AM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
However we are not satisfied with the power and longevity of the single cell UMX power system so we are looking into other options.
I agree. I got into the Parkzone Micros but I wasn't too impressed with the brushed and geared "pager motor" planes. They're great for what they are but if I was looking to buy an indoor EPP 3D plane (and I am) I'd want a small 2S and brushless.

Plane looks awesome, though!
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Since lots of people saw this fly at SEFF I don't mind sharing it:

This is the first prototype at a 16" wingspan. It is a significant improvement in rolling and harrier performance over the UMX Extra 300 and of course it is much, much more durable. Really a blast to fly. I handed the transmitter to a few people at SEFF and Chris just couldn't stop laughing as he was doing the snake back and forth in an area the size of a pop-up tent. However we are not satisfied with the power and longevity of the single cell UMX power system so we are looking into other options. The final version will be different than what you see here but we hope to make it a reality for this coming indoor season.
Awesome! Can't wait. Indoor season is just around the corner where I live.
STLAV8R is online now Find More Posts by STLAV8R