Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:47 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Yes, the Crack Yak that's where I fly mine. Small church rec room with 22' ceiling.
Azarr
Hmmmmm.........I wonder which would come first: (a) refined 3D skills, that would let me fly successfully in such a small space, or (b) a totally beat-up and unflyable airplane.......

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:49 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Hmmmmm.........I wonder which would come first: (a) refined 3D skills, that would let me fly successfully in such a small space, or (b) a totally beat-up and unflyable airplane.......

Did you see the one wing crack yak!? I think option A would come first because these things don't become "unflyable", that's what foam is for
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Did you see the one wing crack yak!?........
Yeah, you mean the one that won the contest?

I think those kids could put a prop on anything and fly it.

I'm not quite there, yet.

Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:17 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astolenpose View Post
Forget the big one. I want to know when the little one is coming. When I got my first TH plane, Chris J mentioned that I should hang onto my UMX gear for a future project. It's the future! I want to get a Micro Crack Series plane up in the air.
Hey guys! We have been very busy testing some new stuff. I just got done putting some flights on a new prototype today and I am blown away with we have come up with! We're probably a little ways off of the next Crack Series release but you're going to love it!

The smaller micro Crack Yak is in the works. If anyone was at seff, they might have seen Cody flying the first prototype of it. The RCF guys are hip to the idea too and all I can say is that it's in the works. It will not be the next thing out though.

I'm going to get my Crack on all day tomorrow! I'm stoked to get some stick time.

Stay tuned..
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
May we have one hint? WS on the prototype you flew? EDIT- my bad just read crack series. Yay another 32"! my CY is lonely........
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Last edited by RCAddict16; Aug 31, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:25 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Wow micro crack yak. That's awesome. That'll be a preorder for me for sure. I just unloaded most of my micro stuff but for a micro crack yak. Cool very cool.

And I'm getting my crack on all weekend. Took the weekend to travel to rhode island, Connecticut to get together with some friends to fly all weekend. Going to be a blast. Have the slick, Pitts, and a new acquisition with me, sorry it's not a twisted plane. Lol 3dhs EPP edge 540. Dnt worry I'm a crack addict there is another crack plane in my future, of course it might be a telink.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:28 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
And herc a hint or 2 on the new prototype would be sweet. Of course if you can't share we understand.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
.....The smaller micro Crack Yak is in the works......Stay tuned..
Woo-hoo!

Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:17 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Size will change as we tweak the design but I can say it will be bigger than the 32s and smaller than the 42s but will have many improvements to design and flight characteristics.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:46 PM
Registered Abuser
United States, CT, Bethlehem
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Hey guys! We have been very busy testing some new stuff. I just got done putting some flights on a new prototype today and I am blown away with we have come up with! We're probably a little ways off of the next Crack Series release but you're going to love it!

The smaller micro Crack Yak is in the works. If anyone was at seff, they might have seen Cody flying the first prototype of it. The RCF guys are hip to the idea too and all I can say is that it's in the works. It will not be the next thing out though.

I'm going to get my Crack on all day tomorrow! I'm stoked to get some stick time.

Stay tuned..
Very cool! I guess I'll put the gear into something I'll inevitably destroy until the crack mini comes out. Thanks Chris!
astolenpose is offline Find More Posts by astolenpose
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:49 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Micro Crack Yak !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 01, 2012, 09:57 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,340 Posts
Hell yeah, a micro crack yak! Got my PayPal on standby for that.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:45 AM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,094 Posts
Micro Crack Yak. Something that will use a BL180 like the Parkzone UMX's use? Though if a micro comes out they'll probably offer a Power Combo?
Sixinarow is online now Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:49 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I am thinking of ordering the Pitts biplane. I love that it can be flown almost anywhere. How is it in light wind? Is the 450mah battery the largest it will handle? Does anyone fly this plane on 3s? or only 2s. Looking the site over it seems I can get the Pitts and all the necessary accesories, even a couple batts and landing gear for around 200 bones, not bad. I have all the charging equipment and radio already.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:49 AM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Whether there is a power combo or not I'll have one. Hahaha.

Hmmm I think there is a small amount of demand for one already. Lol.

Can't wait to see the one herc is working on right now.