Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:34 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
915 Posts
Congrats JC! Sounds like a pretty self-rewarding accomplishment!
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:46 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Got some more flights in on my 48" SBach last night.

A little tweaking here and there on the trim and she is flying beautifully.

By the 3rd flight I was starting to rip it up a bit when another 3D pilot joined me in the pilot's station and said "you're ready to take it to the next level" and started coaching me on rollers.

I took that as a big compliment as I consider myself to be a solid intermediate 3D pilot he's one of our best.

Needless to say that given his comment and getting the big SBach dialed in, I had a great time and left the field with one of these >>

JC
God job. can't wait to see how good you get. I've got rolling circles down, just working on keeping it in a straight line haha
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:47 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Nice one JC

Have a look in my Blog i have gathered some great info on learning rollers

>>Click<<
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Aug 23, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:51 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,859 Posts
Thanks guys - I appreciate your support.
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
915 Posts
Hey guys, I just wanted to pass this along, in case any of you are web-browsing today. Be extra careful when visiting the Twisted site today. I was over there just moments ago... perusing the pretty planes, and cool stuff.... and BAM! before I knew it, I had a cart full of stuff and I was staring at a paypal receipt. Don't say I didn't warn you!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:43 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to pass this along, in case any of you are web-browsing today. Be extra careful when visiting the Twisted site today. I was over there just moments ago... perusing the pretty planes, and cool stuff.... and BAM! before I knew it, I had a cart full of stuff and I was staring at a paypal receipt. Don't say I didn't warn you!
so what airframe(s) are you adding to your Hanger?
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
LOL. What did you get this time?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:48 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
915 Posts
The Pitts.... I don't need it.... and the ES is still VERY new to me... but i knew from the second it left my hand on the first pack of the maiden, I had to have more planes like this one! Just smooth and true... like no other. I've never flown a bi before but from watching vids of this one fly, I'm going to give it a shot. I highly doubt I'll hate it.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Haha enjoy you are in the "pitts of your crack addiction" LOL
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:56 AM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
Yeah tht happened to me yesterday. Almost Happenned earlier. Luckily got off the TH site with just an ESC. Not so lucky on a couple others. Hahah.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:18 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Can't resist making and putting these up. Little fun from earlier tonight.
Great video, really shows what the Twisted planes are all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Got some more flights in on my 48" SBach last night.

A little tweaking here and there on the trim and she is flying beautifully.

By the 3rd flight I was starting to rip it up a bit when another 3D pilot joined me in the pilot's station and said "you're ready to take it to the next level" and started coaching me on rollers.

I took that as a big compliment as I consider myself to be a solid intermediate 3D pilot he's one of our best.

Needless to say that given his comment and getting the big SBach dialed in, I had a great time and left the field with one of these >>

JC
Sounds like you've reached a mile stone, it's a great feeling and what keeps us coming back for more, always another target to reach. Congratulations on the rollers and post us up some video's when you get them down.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:38 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Thanks avie.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:50 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Flew my Crack this morning. It never disappoints. I FINALLY broke an aileron control horn. Nothing some CA couldn't fix.
So I drove to the back of the parking lot, get her all setup. I didn't preflight it since I had flown it this morning. Pretty windy so I decide to stay close and harrier into the wind. I notice my roll rate is pretty slow. No biggie, could be the wind. I had it on dual rates 100% throw and 150% travel like usual. Hmm.

I come in close and realize why my rolls suck. I forgot to put the aileron control rod back on the left wing after I glued it back together. She still rolls quite well with one aileron flapping away! I tried to fix it but the setscrew in the control arm keeper vibrated out.

Anyone know what size they are?
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:21 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,303 Posts
Don't know the size Six, if you were closer I'd pass a few complete ones to ya. Tend to order extras when ever I place an order. I had a pushrod give out on the yak this past weekend. Didn't even know till I got it close to me and saw only one aileron working. Was rolling pretty good too with just one aileron.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Hehe woops. Looks like I won't be flying CY for a few days........lost a zbend and broke the prop (WOT blender into the ground, woops!). I have a new accomplishment though. I hovered and did KE with one aileron! Lol