HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,487 Posts
Full throttle is the only way to fly! Especially into things like trees, pallets, the ground etc. Nose dive into tera firma was how my first yak got retired. Note to self: pay attention to what you're doing when flying.

Rolling harriers are still out of my reach, though I am getting better at rolling circles go figure.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:06 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Ughhh........figured out why I have the vibration. I didn't fix it turns out my rubber bands were not tight enough, and that cause the adaptor to scrape the prop hub. Now it just wiggles on the adaptor
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
And I'm starting to question the "zero rudder coupling" that this plane is supposed to have. Whenever I use too much rudder, guess what, it rolls and dives!!!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:21 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Surely you got more than one prop! Stick a new one on, job sorted.

I don't know what's going on with your coupling? mine has absolutely zero.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
No.......I didn't think id need 2 props. And I don't get it. Why does brad give us the crappy thin prop bands?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:25 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,254 Posts
The stock bands that come with the motors are fair at best, upgrade ones are a million times better. Humm we could always lower the power of the motors
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
No.......I didn't think id need 2 props. And I don't get it. Why does brad give us the crappy thin prop bands?
These foamys get used and abused, flown low and risks taken that you wouldn't with a less crashable plane. This makes the props a consumable item, if your going to fly your Yak a lot your gona need a stock of like ten props never mind two. The prop bands you get are the ones that come with the motor from the supplier, Brad stocks a heavier duty version in packs as these too are consumable items. Get on to Twisted Hobbys and order your self a bunch of props and bands or get hold of some surgical tubing like a lot of people are doing.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
The stock bands that come with the motors are fair at best, upgrade ones are a million times better. Humm we could always lower the power of the motors
LOL NO! Sorry if I offended you I'm tired and not thinking about what I'm saying. However, I fixed my problem with a little ingenuity. I put welders on a needle and spread it where the plastic was rubbed away. This should grip the hub a lot better. And nvm about the coupling, I was being stupid and dethrottling in a turn, so I stalled and thought it was coupling
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Get on to Twisted Hobbys and order your self a bunch of props and bands or get hold of some surgical tubing like a lot of people are doing.
Surgical tubing for the win! I went through almost 6" (1/8" at a time) of tubing before I asked on here and someone suggested to put longer screws on the motor hub and use two bands. I'm wasn't using the TH motor at the time.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
I believe the thin ones are meant to use both...Im using both thin ones with no problems. It is very difficult to get the second one stretched on though, I like that crochet needle idea.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:56 AM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
Quote:
Bwahaahaha I love my CY. Full throttle into a tree and a tiny rip in the wing got the CG issue fixed, the batt. hole is now 2 inches behind the motor lol. Its bc I used hot glue to hold the joints together while the welders dried and I never took the hot glue off haha. This thing flies so awesome, its a pain retrimming every other pack because of heat expansion though. Oh yea and I fixed the vibration. The prop hub has worn off a bit because I used too flexible rubberbands, and it was misaligned on the hub. Not like the prop was at an angle, it would be like if the prop is level with the vertical part of the fuse and it was tilted towards the right or left. Does that make sense?
full throttle into a tree.....are you serious?... and just a tiny rip, thats good.

what happened though? how can you full throttle into a tree? so, when you claimed that you are a very good pilot.....was that a joke?
trx is offline Find More Posts by trx
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:26 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,020 Posts
Quote:
And I'm starting to question the "zero rudder coupling" that this plane is supposed to have. Whenever I use too much rudder, guess what, it rolls and dives!!!
Pretty much all planes will roll and dive under full rudder, it's a normal condition. What zero coupling means is that in ke flight with the proper amount of rudder being used to maintain ke flight that there will be no roll coupling. In other words, take it easy on the rudder, just part of learning how to fly. This is where using a lot of expo on the rudder comes into play, it allows you to finesse the rudder input at low deflection angles without sacrificing the large amounts of deflection needed in post stall flight when just stick banging around. It all just takes practice and patience. As far as props, buy them ten at a time, balance them, and I like to go to home depot and buy the O-rings in the plumbing repair dept for the prop saver. A good source for cheap props and reasonable shipping cost is rcplanebuilder.com.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Pretty much all planes will roll and dive under full rudder, it's a normal condition. What zero coupling means is that in ke flight with the proper amount of rudder being used to maintain ke flight that there will be no roll coupling. In other words, take it easy on the rudder, just part of learning how to fly. This is where using a lot of expo on the rudder comes into play, it allows you to finesse the rudder input at low deflection angles without sacrificing the large amounts of deflection needed in post stall flight when just stick banging around. It all just takes practice and patience. As far as props, buy them ten at a time, balance them, and I like to go to home depot and buy the O-rings in the plumbing repair dept for the prop saver. A good source for cheap props and reasonable shipping cost is rcplanebuilder.com.
What size O-rings are you getting?
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trx View Post
full throttle into a tree.....are you serious?... and just a tiny rip, thats good.

what happened though? how can you full throttle into a tree? so, when you claimed that you are a very good pilot.....was that a joke?
I was doing KE pylon racing around the trees in my yard.........
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:43 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrew View Post
What size O-rings are you getting?
I use two (2) #35 which can be found at Lowes in the plumbing department.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me