HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
USA, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Hey dude don't get new ones. I have heard from a few people that they have dropped in quality. Get a few 2S 20C 500 packs (sky lipos) they are only $2.65 each.
Well the gens ace I had is as old as my slick, so I think I got my money's worth. Sad to hear they've dropped in quality... I really liked the charge rate.

Looks like those sky lipos are out of stock at the moment, but I'll nab some when they're back!
3dflyboy1 is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyboy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Yeah. And they charge at 3C so get a few and they will be as good as the gens ace.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:12 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
921 Posts
ha... yea, my original teacher was perhaps set in his ways... but he used expo himself, he just thought it was good to learn without it. Looking back, I see his point, I guess. Now though, as i want to learn and grow as a pilot, I'm open to all the tools that are out there. I know there is still great skill in making these things dance through the sky with the precision and authority that I have seen in some of the vids, but hey, if my tx can make it a little easier for me to keep it in the air and go where I want, when I want, I'm all for it. lol.... I guess it's like an Encyclopedia or Google... both can get you the answers.... ;-)
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
I'm not sure how much air time the 32" slick will get when my 44" arrives, but I'll order a couple more batts anyway. It's always nice to have a relaxing flight with a slow profile plane!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:04 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,381 Posts
Who are you waiting to get batteries from? Hobbypartz are out of stock. HK is taking FOOOOORRRREEEVVVVERRR to deliver the ones I ordered.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
921 Posts
my recent order from HK took about 5-7 BUSINESS days longer than it ever has in the past... not sure what's up...
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Who are you waiting to get batteries from? Hobbypartz are out of stock. HK is taking FOOOOORRRREEEVVVVERRR to deliver the ones I ordered.
I'm waiting on hobbypartz, but I may resort to hobbyking if I can find a battery that's stocked in their US warehouse...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy1 View Post
I'm waiting on hobbypartz, but I may resort to hobbyking if I can find a battery that's stocked in their US warehouse...
stock in the usa warehouse is key...
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
my recent order from HK took about 5-7 BUSINESS days longer than it ever has in the past... not sure what's up...
Was that from US warehouse? I ordered from Hong Kong or wherever they are. I didn't read the fine print. 30-45 days to receive??? I know next time make sure to order from US.

If TH is out of orange receivers is there somewhere else to order elsewhere or wait it out?
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Exactly what I was thinking!
me too......
trx is offline Find More Posts by trx
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:00 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Was that from US warehouse? I ordered from Hong Kong or wherever they are. I didn't read the fine print. 30-45 days to receive??? I know next time make sure to order from US.

If TH is out of orange receivers is there somewhere else to order elsewhere or wait it out?
Headsuprc has recievers that work very well I have 3 of them. They aren't orange rx. But work just as well.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Or you could maybe find one from an RCG member in the classifieds. I've seen quite a few on here.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy1 View Post
Well the gens ace I had is as old as my slick, so I think I got my money's worth. Sad to hear they've dropped in quality... I really liked the charge rate.

Looks like those sky lipos are out of stock at the moment, but I'll nab some when they're back!
I ordered some Nano Techs from HK USA and got a decent buddy code. I was waiting for the Gens Aces to come back in stock, but its been 3wks and I saw the reported QA issues with the new ones too. Not quite as cheap as Gens Ace, but not a bad deal. Feel free to use it if you want.

Turnigy nano-tech 460mah 2S 25~40C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse) $3.18:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...8-9D162560C983
Krash n Burn is offline Find More Posts by Krash n Burn
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:35 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash n Burn View Post
I ordered some Nano Techs from HK USA and got a decent buddy code. I was waiting for the Gens Aces to come back in stock, but its been 3wks and I saw the reported QA issues with the new ones too. Not quite as cheap as Gens Ace, but not a bad deal. Feel free to use it if you want.

Turnigy nano-tech 460mah 2S 25~40C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse) $3.18:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...8-9D162560C983
Have you seen the sky lipo 500's? $3.20 each and you can charge at 3C.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Have you seen the sky lipo 500's? $3.20 each and you can charge at 3C.
Yeah, I've been watching those and the 450's, but they haven't been in stock for over 3wks. That's why I ended up getting Nano Techs, tired of waiting. With the buddy code it's the same price as the 500's.

I just posted trying to help others that are in the same situation as me..... I would have got HobbyPartz too, just got tired of being grounded waiting for stock.
Krash n Burn is offline Find More Posts by Krash n Burn