SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitycheat View Post
I have both the Telink Slick and the RCF Sbach and I have built both. I guess I would have to say that the Telink may be a little easier to build. If I remember right the servo cut outs are done for you on the Slick and not on the Sbach. The sbach uses pull pull on the rudder which is a little harder to complete but I feel gives you better rudder control.
The choice of which to buy may be better made on what type of flying you do or like. I realy like my Slick. Itís great for hard core 3d, down and dirty slow rolls, wing draggin KE, does it all well.
Iím finding the Sbach able to perform these tasks as well but is seems to excel at precision flying. It loves the KE with very little mixes, it does great slow and point rolls surprisingly precise for an EPP plane. I have never been very good at doing fast rollers but today I did some of my best ever with the Sbach. I think the Sbach has more of a balsa feel to it as well.
You canít go wrong with either one. Both are good flyers.
The sbach has pull-pull? Sweet! I love the solid feeling of a pull-pull system.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,496 Posts
For those looking to purchase a new charger this one is on sell now for $55.00
Its been a good one for me so I thought I'd post it for others. It also has the DC plug so you can charge from a deep cycle battery at the flying field.

Tom
http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:38 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
I have a question for fellow TH plane owners... but it's a build question. I know there is an Extra build thread, but wanted to ask it here since several of their planes have this construction.
I started building my first Extra last night (using Welders). I found this morning after letting it dry overnight (I just glued the wings, horizontal stab, and wooden spar), some of the edges of the joings didn't fully glue together. The length of the seams are glued, but let's say, looking down at the top of the plane, where the wing joins the fuse, if you pull or put a little pressure on the seam, you can see it didn't glue all the way to the top edge. It still feels like to me there is a good bond between the parts, but i wanted to see if anyone else noticed this? I could try to run a fine bead of Welders across the top, but I don't want to add any extra weight or make it look "goopey"... if you know what I mean. Your thoughts?
JForbes is online now Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:44 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I have a question for fellow TH plane owners... but it's a build question. I know there is an Extra build thread, but wanted to ask it here since several of their planes have this construction.
I started building my first Extra last night (using Welders). I found this morning after letting it dry overnight (I just glued the wings, horizontal stab, and wooden spar), some of the edges of the joings didn't fully glue together. The length of the seams are glued, but let's say, looking down at the top of the plane, where the wing joins the fuse, if you pull or put a little pressure on the seam, you can see it didn't glue all the way to the top edge. It still feels like to me there is a good bond between the parts, but i wanted to see if anyone else noticed this? I could try to run a fine bead of Welders across the top, but I don't want to add any extra weight or make it look "goopey"... if you know what I mean. Your thoughts?
I go very lightly on the Welders during my builds. I only put a 1/8" wide bead right down the center of the edge pieces and press them together. Rarely does the glue squeeze out or all the way to the edge. In months of flying, I have not and any issues with glue joints. The only glue I have added after the build is when i have to repair a rip of tear somewhere else that never had a joint to begin with.

I'd go with it as is. If you really feel like you need to glue it, then I suggest a quick bead of thin CA. Its darn near invisible.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Jul 2007
117 Posts
There was some discussion about batteries and charge rates on this thread yesterday. Lipos from several manufacturers were mentioned, one of them being the GForce Lipos from valuehobby.com. I emailed their tech support and was told that the 2s500mAh GForce's can be charged at 3C or 1.5amps. Hope somebody out there finds that helpful.
cglynn is offline Find More Posts by cglynn
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jul 2007
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
I go very lightly on the Welders during my builds. I only put a 1/8" wide bead right down the center of the edge pieces and press them together. Rarely does the glue squeeze out or all the way to the edge. In months of flying, I have not and any issues with glue joints. The only glue I have added after the build is when i have to repair a rip of tear somewhere else that never had a joint to begin with.

I'd go with it as is. If you really feel like you need to glue it, then I suggest a quick bead of thin CA. Its darn near invisible.

JC
A thin bead of welders smoothed with a really small popsicle stick or Q-tip will also make a nice fillet, if you feel the need to. Just put it on and let it dry for a few hours.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Wasn't that you? If so I'm glad you found out.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Jul 2007
117 Posts
Yup, that was me. Thought I would share my findings in case anyone else uses the VH packs.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:11 PM
ค๔๔เςtє๔ t๏ R/C
United States, WA, University Place
Joined Jul 2012
221 Posts
Checking in..
resonatortune is offline Find More Posts by resonatortune
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
haha this thread doesn't get that much activity...........
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:17 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,271 Posts
I think it's pretty active

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonatortune View Post
Checking in..

Welcome!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:21 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
Still no power combo's available for the 32" 'ers.... Hopefully soon...
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
This week! (What brad said)
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:24 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
I know... I was just hoping that meant Monday at 8am. lol..
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Noo!!!! I still have to mow my lawn, they better not come until tonight! I only have $50