HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:01 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,628 Posts
That I do not know. A depron version sounds fun...but if depron is your bag you may want to wait a little while for some other possibilities.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:03 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Nah its not, its just easier to work with than EPP (all I have are exacto knives)
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:51 AM
USA, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
Aahh the crazy 88 I remember having a hard time choosing between that and the extra slick. Of course, I still love my 32" slick. Flies great even after about two years! (I think, don't remember exactly how long I've had it)
3dflyboy1 is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyboy1
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Do you have the old version with the CF rods?
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
Yep! The yellow one
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:30 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Hey,

The new Telink 330SC Extravaganza are pen for Pre-Order

RED - http://twistedhobbys.com/Telink-48-E...-330SC-Red.htm

Yellow - http://twistedhobbys.com/Telink-48-E...0sc-Yellow.htm

Get'em while you can - he who snoozes loses.

JC
Sweet! I really like the red scheme a lot. It reminds me of the scheme on the 104" EF Extra 300.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Extra 300 SHP anyone? (Red)
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:07 PM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Wow, Thank you Twisted Hobbies

Just got back from a short Summer vacation trip to the Grandparent's house and were surprised to hear the results of the TH contest. Brian was really excited. Being selected a winner in a contest is special, but winning something that is so much fun is just out of this world.

Thank you Twisted Hobbies for the contest and being such a supportive company with your products and customer service.

Now I doubt Brain will give up flying his old Crack Yak, and with the continued application of welders glue, I'm sure it has many more hours of flight time to log. I think that he will get it to the patented StevenMcC one wing flying status before it is retired.

In the meantime, we look forward to building up the new airframe into a plane and augmenting the fleet.

Thanks again.
palealeyum is offline Find More Posts by palealeyum
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palealeyum View Post
Just got back from a short Summer vacation trip to the Grandparent's house and were surprised to hear the results of the TH contest. Brian was really excited. Being selected a winner in a contest is special, but winning something that is so much fun is just out of this world.

Thank you Twisted Hobbies for the contest and being such a supportive company with your products and customer service.

Now I doubt Brain will give up flying his old Crack Yak, and with the continued application of welders glue, I'm sure it has many more hours of flight time to log. I think that he will get it to the patented StevenMcC one wing flying status before it is retired.

In the meantime, we look forward to building up the new airframe into a plane and augmenting the fleet.

Thanks again.
It will be nice for him to get his hands on a fresh one, that crack yak is getting fat with all the glue i bet Congratulations!!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
Well, I'm still having a hard time deciding between the 44" telink slick/edge and the telink extravaganza. I like the design and SFGs on the 44" models but the 48" flies like a pattern plane as well as 3D!!

Decisions, decisions.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy1 View Post
Well, I'm still having a hard time deciding between the 44" telink slick/edge and the telink extravaganza. I like the design and SFGs on the 44" models but the 48" flies like a pattern plane as well as 3D!!

Decisions, decisions.
Go with the extravaganza. Bigger flies better! Plus its only lik $10 more overall.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:35 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,861 Posts
Or to make the decision easier...

There is also the new RCF 48.8" SBach 342.

http://twistedhobbys.com/RCF-48-EPP-...12m-Rs-352.htm

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Yeah that might be my next one. I'm leaning towards an RCF because I'm afraid of messing up the wings on a Telink when I glue them in.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Or to make the decision easier...

There is also the new RCF 48.8" SBach 342.

http://twistedhobbys.com/RCF-48-EPP-...12m-Rs-352.htm

JC
AAHH

And there's the 3DHS 40" EPP Edge too...

EDIT: Ok I've narrowed it down to either the 44" slick or the RCF 48" Sbach. I do like the SFGs on the slick, but the Sbach is bigger... Does anybody know which is a simpler build?
Last edited by 3dflyboy1; Aug 05, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:59 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy1 View Post
AAHH

And there's the 3DHS 40" EPP Edge too...

EDIT: Ok I've narrowed it down to either the 44" slick or the RCF 48" Sbach. I do like the SFGs on the slick, but the Sbach is bigger... Does anybody know which is a simpler build?
I have both the Telink Slick and the RCF Sbach and I have built both. I guess I would have to say that the Telink may be a little easier to build. If I remember right the servo cut outs are done for you on the Slick and not on the Sbach. The sbach uses pull pull on the rudder which is a little harder to complete but I feel gives you better rudder control.
The choice of which to buy may be better made on what type of flying you do or like. I realy like my Slick. Itís great for hard core 3d, down and dirty slow rolls, wing draggin KE, does it all well.
Iím finding the Sbach able to perform these tasks as well but is seems to excel at precision flying. It loves the KE with very little mixes, it does great slow and point rolls surprisingly precise for an EPP plane. I have never been very good at doing fast rollers but today I did some of my best ever with the Sbach. I think the Sbach has more of a balsa feel to it as well.
You canít go wrong with either one. Both are good flyers.
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat