Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Nobody knows!

P.s. nice avatar
Sounds like it is top secret! She's definitely easy on the eyes.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy1 View Post
The video on the product page said it's supposed to be available from telink sellers (including twisted hobbys) sometime next month. And of course it's EPP!
Cool on the EPP. The DW foamy in the banner above that's red with yellow/black checkers and ghost flames is mine. It flies great. However, at 48" and about 3 lbs, the depron isn't too forgiving. Would like to try a 48" EPP foamy. Wonder how they brace it? EPP trusses or carbon fiber?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
Sounds like it is top secret! She's definitely easy on the eyes.
Id say both are

As fo bracing, same as the rest of the telinks- lots of carbon fiber. The RCF planes use the diagonal EPP bracing. Not sure with is better.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Lol!

I am sure it will fly good whatever bracing it has on it. I just really like the EPP braces on the TH 30"/32" planes. A lot easier to install...
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Trust me, the CF is easy. You just have to prefit everything. It does take longer to do it right, you will want to lay each piece flat while installing the CF so it does not dry weird and be warped.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:24 PM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,639 Posts
Just got back from Youth Masters at Triple Tree Aerodrome. It was like a crack yak fly in. At one time I counted 13 Crack yaks! How awesome is that !
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
That's nuts! The whole place musta smelled like crack!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:40 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
951 Posts
Well... I ordered my ES on Friday, and tracking site shows an expected delivery date of....um.... TODAY! Oh yea!!! I'll have to wait until the end of the week to order my power combo, but still... nothing like living close to the shop!

It also looks like my HK Reaktor and Skyjet will arrive today... this could be a very interesting week.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:11 AM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Excellent. It goes together real fast. Did mine in 2 evenings but coulda probably done it in 1 if the honey do list wasn't so long. Haha.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Excellent. It goes together real fast. Did mine in 2 evenings but coulda probably done it in 1 if the honey do list wasn't so long. Haha.
I feel your pain.... My build may take a week... if ya know what i'm sayin.... lol.

I am so excited to get this plane. It's amazing the amount of such great feedback for this plane, and all of the TH planes. Now I just have to secure some indoor flying locations, and I'll be a happy boy.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:48 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,639 Posts
Anyone having a problem with carbon rod slipping on the servo easy connector? Mine seem to slip a good bit and it will not tighten any more. Maybe i need to add some hot glue?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:04 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
Anyone having a problem with carbon rod slipping on the servo easy connector? Mine seem to slip a good bit and it will not tighten any more. Maybe i need to add some hot glue?
Mine all are holding tight... I rough up the wire and the carbon rod with sandpaper and wipe clean before gluing, and when I build them I shrink the very end of the tubing near the z-bend to hold things in place than put a drop or two of CA on the rod from the opposite end of the tube, let it run down the rod underneath the tube and than finish shrinking the tube. Just go easy with the heat if using a lighter, the CA that squishes out will catch on fire, so blow it out right away, or use a heat gun if space permits. Also, I do my builds in such a way that I am not building the z-bends while attached to the model. IE, I glue the horns in after the z-bends are built and attached.
cdee

oops I see now that you were asking about the quick connectors....
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Last edited by cdee; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
I put heatshrink over the ends. This gives the screws something to bite into without actually breaking the rods.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
That's........ a really, really good idea
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
I put heatshrink over the ends. This gives the screws something to bite into without actually breaking the rods.
hmm I will take apart and add some shrink tubing. Other problem I have is keeping my boys hands off of it. I really need to order him one. lol