HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 01:31 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
i just wanted to chime in for park-aero mark! again to thank him! day before yesterday i oredered 3 gws dd props from him... today got 4 props, 2 gws and 2 slow fly props with a note, sorry, i had only 2 dd props in stock, so i added 2 more SF props and reamed them for you! once more, mark is the best! Thank you, Mark!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 01:51 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
i just wanted to chime in for park-aero mark! again to thank him! day before yesterday i oredered 3 gws dd props from him... today got 4 props, 2 gws and 2 slow fly props with a note, sorry, i had only 2 dd props in stock, so i added 2 more SF props and reamed them for you! once more, mark is the best! Thank you, Mark!
Can't beat it I was speaking to him today for the first time in ages, sorting out an order for me and a mate for the Crack Bipe and the new Twisted motor when he gets them
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old May 09, 2012, 03:54 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
How many of you fly with the light kit? Worth it?
I have the original v1 TH light kit on my Extra Slick v2 - love it.

Great at night but I also use it during a weekly indoor session. There is some appeal to me and the other guys even commented on how cool it looks to them.

You won't be disappointed if you add it to your plane.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old May 10, 2012, 12:03 AM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
775 Posts
Are there any photos of the mounted battery for the Telink epp edge 540 in this thread? The build manual and the .wmv I've looked at only show pics from the left side of the fuse.
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Old May 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar View Post
Are there any photos of the mounted battery for the Telink epp edge 540 in this thread? The build manual and the .wmv I've looked at only show pics from the left side of the fuse.
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. I have the plane in question, I'm just not sure what kind of photo you need.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old May 10, 2012, 10:06 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
If you just want to see if the hole goes all the way through the fuse, it does.
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old May 10, 2012, 02:47 PM
3D Hack
Joined Jul 2010
1,934 Posts
Twisted Hobbys Telink SU-29 Build & Fly Redux - The Red Scheme

After owning two Extra Slick's - a v1 and the current v2, I am adding another to my stable.

The new Twisted bird is on its way.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650118

JC
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Apr 2009
775 Posts
Sorry, my request for the pic was a little vague. I'm looking for ideas regarding the layout of the battery, esc and receiver. I'm also curious if most folks are using a typical 3s 2200 size battery approx.4" long.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:57 PM
3D Hack
Joined Jul 2010
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, my request for the pic was a little vague. I'm looking for ideas regarding the layout of the battery, esc and receiver. I'm also curious if most folks are using a typical 3s 2200 size battery approx.4" long.
Take a look at the SU-29 build that Chris Jewett did - photos near bottom show battery and ESC.

For best lateral balance, I'm going to place my RX on the opposite side of the fuse from the ESC. The RX and ESC will be behnd the leading edge.

I will be using Haiyin 3S 2100 35C batteries with the TH motor.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=1

JC
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
I just checked out the SU-29 build. Thats a nice looking plane. Way too much plane for my skills but I can still admire and drool.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old May 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
Joined Apr 2009
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Take a look at the SU-29 build that Chris Jewett did - photos near bottom show battery and ESC.

For best lateral balance, I'm going to place my RX on the opposite side of the fuse from the ESC. The RX and ESC will be behnd the leading edge.

I will be using Haiyin 3S 2100 35C batteries with the TH motor.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=1

JC
Chris did a nice job on the photos. Good idea for lateral balance.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
L.E.D.'s

Does anyone know if there is a posting of pics of how the lights were run on on an Edge? Or maybe someone can just just tell me. Are both white and blue on top? One color on the bottom one on top? Do you put blue on top/white on bottom on one wing and the reverse on the opposite wing for orientation? Do you just plug them in when you want them on or most people run them always on? Mount with tape of glue?

Just trying to get some ideas. I just got mine and I'm anxious to put them on.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old May 12, 2012, 02:45 PM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
I actually used hot glue to mount mine, with white on top blue on the bottom. I leave em plugged in.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old May 12, 2012, 03:05 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
I actually used hot glue to mount mine, with white on top blue on the bottom. I leave em plugged in.
Thanks for the quick response! Now I need to figure out what the wife did with the glue gun... Think I need my own... or she does
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old May 12, 2012, 03:26 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
You can use Welders for the lights, too. Dat be how I dun it. I leave them plugged in also.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata