SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Hey, anyone have a TH "Blue" 1500Kv motor they're not using and would like to see it go to a loving home? PM me.
Have the black 2204 i will part with??

Also have the light kit TH sells i need to sell if anyone is interested. Cheap
Gravitycheat is online now Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Last edited by Gravitycheat; May 06, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
I wonder why they don't have the TH "Blue" 1500KV motor for sale anymore? I am running mine with the 9x4.7 TH prop on 3S. I should switch to 8x4.3, but it hasn't shown any problems of overheating. I try to use throttle management. I have flown the last two times in winds varying from about 6 MPH for a few minutes to 12 MPH for a few minutes. Powering back from down wind in 12 MPH wind ate up a lot of power. Flight times down to 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. I was thinking of trying the new TH Black motor, but it may not perform any better. I think most are using 2S then the black motor would probably be best. I was not impressed with the Blue motor on 2S. I fly outside so I need power for windy days. I fly it when the 44" Telink planes are getting tossed around and I have it on the 32 " Extra Slick.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Old May 06, 2012, 08:40 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-gull View Post
......I fly it when the 44" Telink planes are getting tossed around.....
I had assumed (without actually verifying) that the big Telinks would do better in wind than the 32" TH birds.

Is that not true?

Dave

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 06, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
The 44" planes can fly in winds alot higher than the 32 " plane. 12 MPH is as high as I care to go with the little Extra Slick. My Flash I fly when the winds gust to 18 MPH. The 44" planes can handle at least 18 MPH. At 12 MPH wind the little ES isn't making much headway. Still doing 3D though. The last time out the one guy was surprised I was still flying the little ES when his Telink Edge at times was blown by a gust from level flight into a KE and gusts would cause the plane to hop up or down 3 feet . For years I have flown gliders and planes when they could hardly make headway into the wind so maybe that is why I don't have a problem with the little ES in 12 MPH wind.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Old May 07, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined May 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitycheat View Post
Have the black 2204 i will part with??

Also have the light kit TH sells i need to sell if anyone is interested. Cheap
how much for the light set?
blkrvn1993 is offline Find More Posts by blkrvn1993
Old May 07, 2012, 06:09 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrvn1993 View Post
how much for the light set?
Sold. If the deal falls thru i will contact you.
Old May 07, 2012, 09:35 AM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-gull View Post
I wonder why they don't have the TH "Blue" 1500KV motor for sale anymore?
I could be wrong, but I think the X Series 1800 replaced the 1500, lighter and more power but the Crack Yak likes a little more weight up front and many of us found 1500kv and 9inch prop to be the cat's meow for that plane. Hence, the new TH motor is a few grams heavier and back to 1450Kv.

I like the Blue 1500 on my CY and want another one for the #2 CY that my son flies. I could buy the new motor but for some reason, I'm feeling like a super cheapskate at the moment. Think I've going through some inappropriate guilt over all the planes I've been buying lately. LOL
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 07, 2012, 09:47 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
I'm just jumping in here to say that the Crak Yak is an awesomely designed plane. I'm building mine right now. Got to the point of gluing in the aileron horns last night. Love the hinges and love the EPP reinforcement over cutting down a carbon rod to specific pieces and then weaving them all over the plane for reinforcement.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old May 07, 2012, 11:12 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Anyone got videos of the teoink extra slick doing tumbles?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old May 07, 2012, 02:26 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
for me it tumbles only once... wich is not so bad for practicing snap to hove(or more like tumble into hover stuff...)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old May 07, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Mar 2012
49 Posts
Hey guys I have currently am flying an 48 edge balsa and looking at a twisted foamy to practice 3d and fly at a small field close to home. I was looking at the new bipe but am unsure. I want a 32 or something close to that. I really don't know the pros and cons of the models. I want something that handles well at low speeds and is durable. I would like to go with the twisted power combo. I would appriciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks in advance.
craig1980 is online now Find More Posts by craig1980
Old May 07, 2012, 03:54 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,641 Posts
The Edge and Sbach are both extremely smooth and stable in 3D. The Extra Slick is a little faster and feels a little more like a wood airplane. The Crack Yak has the highest speeds, roll rate, pitch rate, and yaw rate, without being touchy and imprecise. The Crack Pitts is like a Crack Yak but a little slower and flies at a lower airspeed. All of them are great at low speed and very durable.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old May 07, 2012, 07:23 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Anyone got videos of the teoink extra slick doing tumbles?
I have found that they don't have the wieght behind them to realy tumble well.. Many advantages to foam, this may be one of the draw backs.
Old May 08, 2012, 09:55 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,641 Posts
Some video of the awesome new Crack Bipe!

Twisted Hobbys Crack Pitts M12 (8 min 12 sec)
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old May 08, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Dec 2009
70 Posts
Awesome video once again Cody...

My Pitts is sitting at home unhappy right now because its still in pieces.
savagedub78 is offline Find More Posts by savagedub78