HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Dec 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trx View Post
Do you guys use the heli mode in DX7 to configure your 3d planes? I heard long time ago that others do this so they can play around with the throttle curve, since DX7 doesnt have a throttle curve adjustment for airplanes, right? Does it even matter?

Please let me know your tricks in setting up a 3d plane as this will be my first time.
I don't know about the dx7 but on the dx8 you can change the curve in airplane mode. Not sure about tricks but I have my rates on full and run 40-60% expo.
You will love this plane. I've never really flown before but I'm getting better and better...oh and I'm hooked.
savagedub78 is offline Find More Posts by savagedub78
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 09:41 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
General conscensus is thus...

- Edge and Sbach are the mildest (very similar in flight characteristics)
- Extra Slick and Crack Yak on the high end of performance, with the Yak said to have a slight edge in roll rate and the Slick being more precise.
- All are EPP and extremely durable.

If you like the Sbach - go for it. You really can't make a poor choice with any on these.

JC
Sounds good to me. That said, the high end of performance doesn't mean more difficult to fly, at least it wasn't for me. So, of the choices, I'd pick the one that is calling your name and only you know which one that is.

That's how I made my choice on the first TH plane. And then, of course, you will need at least one more. lol.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 02, 2012, 10:02 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I will start with the sbach and after looking at the CY more. I am really wanting to get it second. Hopefully i will be flying one by next weekend.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old May 02, 2012, 10:05 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Yeah!

We all hate drinking alone. lol.

edit: well, actually, I'm don't mind drinking alone at all. I do it most nights. Hahaha.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 02, 2012, 10:36 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
edit: well, actually, I'm don't mind drinking alone at all. I do it most nights. Hahaha.
That's what I'm doing right now.

edit: well, actually, I'm not alone at all. My Extra Slick is right next to me. Hahaha.

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 02, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
I have the 32" Extra Slick and find it is easy to fly. It does the 3D stunts with ease and precision. My brother liked the way it was so easy to do KE Spins.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Old May 02, 2012, 10:43 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,841 Posts
I have a Edge set up for night flying, a Slick for that afternoons in the park and a Yak for the indoor venues. Yak is great outside too, but I really have a great time with it indoors. They are all great planes, but as mentioned by others, slightly different characteristics. It is likely just a matter of time before you have one of each...
cdee
cdee is online now Find More Posts by cdee
Old May 02, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
I already had the Flash then had to get the Extra Slick when I saw one of the group flying his Extra Slick. I am finding it hard to resist getting the 44" Extra Slick or Edge.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Old May 03, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Don't forget the new bipe...
STLAV8R is online now Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old May 03, 2012, 08:04 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
Don't forget the new bipe...
Indeed, hopefully we will all be enjoying that soon... can't wait!!
cdee
cdee is online now Find More Posts by cdee
Old May 03, 2012, 08:11 AM
Registered Abuser
United States, CT, Bethlehem
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Just ordered mine this morning. For once in my life I wished I lived closer to Jersey...
astolenpose is offline Find More Posts by astolenpose
Old May 03, 2012, 08:28 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Indeed, hopefully we will all be enjoying that soon... can't wait!!.
cdee
I'm a recent-convert, and haven't been through the TH product-intro cycle before.

How does the new-plane availability process go? What's the typical time frame? Any words of wisdom?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 03, 2012, 08:29 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Wow I didn't even now it was released yet, can't wait to see what you guys think before they hit this side of the pond.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old May 03, 2012, 08:31 AM
Conductor
Portland, Maine
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Ordered my Crack Pitts! Woo-Hoo! Twisted Hobbys kicks a$$!!!!!
IronHorse442 is offline Find More Posts by IronHorse442
Old May 03, 2012, 09:04 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
I'm a recent-convert, and haven't been through the TH product-intro cycle before.

How does the new-plane availability process go? What's the typical time frame? Any words of wisdom?

It's out now for a intro price and will go back to normal price in a week or two. So order soon!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; May 03, 2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo