HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 10:21 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trx View Post
hello TH owners, can anyone here help me where or how i can buy a TH (crack yak)? Im from Alberta, Canada and TH doesnt seem to ship here.

/\/\

Someone get this guy a crack yak!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 10:57 AM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
/\/\

Someone get this guy a crack yak!
Ditto on this one!

What's the prob with shipping to Canada? I never understood that... I mean, we're neighbors! I know customs can be a pain...
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 02, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,214 Posts
I believe he has already contacted us and he has been taken care of. Thanks guys.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old May 02, 2012, 02:09 PM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
I already ordered one...

thanks shunyata and Twisted Realm, I appreciate it.
trx is offline Find More Posts by trx
Old May 02, 2012, 02:17 PM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
I forgot to say thank you to hone1er....

I've been reading this thread and very excited now... this will be my first 3d plane..hope it goes well.
Old May 02, 2012, 03:01 PM
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jan 2009
583 Posts
Welcome to the circus! Addiction is good!!!
daedalusrobert is online now Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
Old May 02, 2012, 03:35 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
I believe he has already contacted us and he has been taken care of. Thanks guys.
You guys rock!

But not in the carnal sense. LOL.
Old May 02, 2012, 03:53 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,654 Posts
Quote:
I forgot to say thank you to hone1er....

I've been reading this thread and very excited now... this will be my first 3d plane..hope it goes well.
I ordered my first 3D plane about this time last year... now the memory in my DX7 is full of foamie profiles for planes, from Twisted Hobbys, that all get flown on a regular bases. If you are okay on getting hooked or as some are calling it, addicted, than I am pretty sure it will "go well" for you.....
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old May 02, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,396 Posts
Addicting? I got up at 6:30 cause I wanted to. And I went to the soccer field just to see if it was still there. I just figured since I was going there anyway I might as well take the CY and Edge with me. And I ordered 10 more batteries cause its the right thing to do.

Got a Yak on my back
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: T-38 Talon
Old May 02, 2012, 04:33 PM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
Guys, I ordered this morning from Twisted Hobbys and I received a confirmation 2 hours after that the kit has been shipped! I have not even paid for the extra cost of international shipping....That is excellent!

Now Im really hoping that they build a BNF or PNP package in the future...We only have very short summer here, other than being lazy in building planes.. I cant wait now!

Thanks to all.
Old May 02, 2012, 04:39 PM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
Do you guys use the heli mode in DX7 to configure your 3d planes? I heard long time ago that others do this so they can play around with the throttle curve, since DX7 doesnt have a throttle curve adjustment for airplanes, right? Does it even matter?

Please let me know your tricks in setting up a 3d plane as this will be my first time.
Old May 02, 2012, 08:45 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys use the heli mode in DX7 to configure your 3d planes? I heard long time ago that others do this so they can play around with the throttle curve, since DX7 doesnt have a throttle curve adjustment for airplanes, right? Does it even matter?

Please let me know your tricks in setting up a 3d plane as this will be my first time.
Oh heck no. Well, I like simple. Airplane profile and 50% expo all around. That's all you need to get started. If you feel nervous, set the rates lower. But you'll probably get past that very quickly. These things dig full rates. Some SIM time helps.

Throttle curve doesn't matter. And if you bought the TH power combo, just install it and fly. No ESC programming change required.

These guys made it simple for us. Nice.
Old May 02, 2012, 09:15 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I am planning on ordering my first 3d foamy and have decided on a TH plane. Just don't really know which one would make the best first 3d plane. I guess i would probably need the most durable one they make. LOL I do like the looks of the new 32" sbach they have but don't really know if it would be the best for me. If you was just starting out with flat foamies what one would you get? I also plan on getting there power combo also. Any help would be great.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old May 02, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,396 Posts
Thats me all over. Simple. I like it that way. I'm a plug and play kinda guy. I just deleted the video I made of todays flights. Not quite sure how I did that. There one minute and gone the next. It wasn't anything to brag about anyway but it takes me forever to do something on a computer. Not real computer savy so the simpler the better. I did have a beautiful morning for flying though. Looks like I'll have to go out and do it all over tomorrow. Bummer.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: T-38 Talon
Old May 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
I am planning on ordering my first 3d foamy and have decided on a TH plane. Just don't really know which one would make the best first 3d plane. I guess i would probably need the most durable one they make. LOL I do like the looks of the new 32" sbach they have but don't really know if it would be the best for me. If you was just starting out with flat foamies what one would you get? I also plan on getting there power combo also. Any help would be great.
General conscensus is thus...

- Edge and Sbach are the mildest (very similar in flight characteristics)
- Extra Slick and Crack Yak on the high end of performance, with the Yak said to have a slight edge in roll rate and the Slick being more precise.
- All are EPP and extremely durable.

If you like the Sbach - go for it. You really can't make a poor choice with any on these.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me