HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:10 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
As promised here are some pics of our new Crack-Series Pitts Biplane. Sorry about photo quality, the pictures don't do the printing justice. Pretty excited for this release since a lot of hard work from multiple teams went into developing this bird the results are truly stellar. Should have these bad boys and all details available for you guys very soon.
Awesome and just seen it in action on the tube looks like a winner
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:13 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Awesome and just seen it in action on the tube looks like a winner
Link?

(or, "tube" as in telly? .....how 20th-century.....)

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:35 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,514 Posts
Crack bipe. If I did it right. I really really want one.
Twisted Hobbys Crack-Series EPP Crack Pitts Biplane (2 min 13 sec)

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,705 Posts
Looks GREAT!
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:43 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nB6iDjNQCmY
Tom
Off-the-hook awesome!

I'd like to see more detail of the wing attachments and linkages. Especially, to help me estimate how sturdy they'll be.

I fly to the limit of my skills -- which isn't saying much -- meaning that survivability and repairability are important........

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Off-the-hook awesome!

I'd like to see more detail of the wing attachments and linkages. Especially, to help me estimate how sturdy they'll be.

I fly to the limit of my skills -- which isn't saying much -- meaning that survivability and repairability are important........

I know what ya mean. I'm an expert at nose in landings. Well I'm off to physical therapy. Great flying weather today. Hope to go after.
Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
If it is anything like the old Crazy 88 Bipe that Twisted Hobbys sold, it is at least as survivable as the normal mono-wing planes. From what I can tell from the video, both wings attach to the fuselage in the center, and then attach to each other further out. That is the same way the crazy 88 worked. I could also tell it has some of the crack improvements like the 45 degree reenforcing foam strips down the bottom side of the fuselage. It is also using the new style landing gear which I can tell you for certain is a big improvement.

Be aware that these Bipes because they have small wing length and huge ailerons are like a drill bit rolling through the air when there is full deflection of the ailerons. In other words, if it is like the crazy 88, it will be even more twitchy than than the mono-wing crack series.

I like my crazy 88 as a change in pace, and because I just love bi-planes in general.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,243 Posts
Glad you guys like the Crack Bipe, she fits nicely in our Crack Series model line-up. As always we try to design them as crash-able yet rigid enough for precision 3d flying, this bipe definitely has both.

The Crack Pitts fly's a lot differently then the Crazy 88, much better all around performer that's easy to gracefully fly when you want to. Its probably our smoothest most capable 3d flyer in this size range. With a 30" wing span you can run the stand power system (2s 450mah, 24g 1450kv, 9x4.7) coming in at 7-7 3/8oz AUW. Also 3s can be another battery option for the guys wanting extra vertical power. Should be able post the final Pitts details on the site today or tomorrow.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Glad you guys like the Crack Bipe, she fits nicely in our Crack Series model line-up. As always we try to design them as crash-able yet rigid enough for precision 3d flying, this bipe definitely has both.

The Crack Pitts fly's a lot differently then the Crazy 88, much better all around performer that's easy to gracefully fly when you want to. Its probably our smoothest most capable 3d flyer in this size range. With a 30" wing span you can run the stand power system (2s 450mah, 24g 1450kv, 9x4.7) coming in at 7-7 3/8oz AUW. Also 3s can be another battery option for the guys wanting extra vertical power. Should be able post the final Pitts details on the site today or tomorrow.
30 inch wingspan would definitely make it less twitchy than the old Crazy 88. That had a 23" wingspan. Thanks for the details!
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nB6iDjNQCmY

Tom
This thing is going to be S I C K!! I can't wait to get my hands on the production version of this baby!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:

Nice!

How do the wings attach? Where are the aileron servos?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
This might give you some clues on how it goes together, the hardware is substantially different. http://www.twistedhobbys.com/RCF-Par...s-Hardware.htm
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Nice bipe!
But I really would have liked that the underside would be more colorful than this though and maybe a more simple and more distinct topside. The Crack Yak and the Extra Slick looks good at a close range with all the detail, but very pale at a distance compared to the "Pink Cow" that I have.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
I wanna Pink Cow bipe. 30" wing span = perfect.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
This might give you some clues on how it goes together, the hardware is substantially different. http://www.twistedhobbys.com/RCF-Par...s-Hardware.htm
Great find! Thanks for the link. Answers several questions. Sure is much different hardware.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R