Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:10 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
xmm... nitroplanes really was cheaper... 27$ but still if not ordering batts for a 100$, i can get them cheaper here in london...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Hobby partz charges $35. For shipping? Really?
Only because he is in the UK. To you it will be fast and not too expensive
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
lol yeah otherwise it would be a paradise because dollar agains pound is ROUGHLY 0.5 lol.. and our minimal salary is ROUGHLY 6 per hour...

only shipping keeps us from paradise....
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:29 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
rimaarts where do you get your gens ace in the uk? and what is a squid you mentioned in the cy thread?
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I was wondering about the C rating. My TH batteries have a 25C to 50 C the ones at hobby partz are 25C i assume thats ok.
Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:47 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,890 Posts
Gens Ace is out of Germany.

I would think there should be a European supplier if not the Gens Ace warehouse in Germany.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I figure if its good enough for you guys its good enough for me. Mainly cause I dont know much about any of this stuff. Thats why I joined this forum, to get input from people in the know. Thank you all. Oh yeah, I ordered 10 of the 2s 450 mah 25c packs and a little something I've been wanting to try out. FPV camera. Comes with camera and receiver. Kind of a cheap-o but what the heck the guy on youtube had fun playing with it. What kind of flight times are the 3s packs good for? I was flying for 4-5 minutes and the 2s pack tested at 7.8 at the end.

Tom
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
I figure if its good enough for you guys its good enough for me. Mainly cause I dont know much about any of this stuff. Thats why I joined this forum, to get input from people in the know. Thank you all. Oh yeah, I ordered 10 of the 2s 450 mah 25c packs and a little something I've been wanting to try out. FPV camera. Comes with camera and receiver. Kind of a cheap-o but what the heck the guy on youtube had fun playing with it. What kind of flight times are the 3s packs good for? I was flying for 4-5 minutes and the 2s pack tested at 7.8 at the end.

Tom
I don't seem to get any more time out of the 3s 450s. But I do get more zip. Usually, I don't care about that, but it is nice when fighting the wind.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:02 PM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
185 Posts
cheaper shipping on Gens Ace batteries

This won't be a lot of help for you in the UK, but this may certainly help the USA purchasers. Try Xheli.com and choose "spare part express" shipping method for $4.95 shipping and you can probably find an active code here for an additional discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
lol for me 35$ shipping killZ the deal...
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:01 PM
Hellcat6
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Ok Ron dawg has been a very good buddy fer about 30 years . I just can't git him into full size a/c . Oh well it's been a sickness fer me since 1953 .
That CY Bipe is a winner fer sure-fer sure !
Hellcat6 is offline Find More Posts by Hellcat6
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless View Post
This won't be a lot of help for you in the UK, but this may certainly help the USA purchasers. Try Xheli.com and choose "spare part express" shipping method for $4.95 shipping and you can probably find an active code here for an additional discount.
Xheli = Nitroplanes = Hobbypartz.

Funny, prices are different across each website. Weird. Sometimes the prices are substantially different on the same item.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:11 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Wish I'd known that!

I looked at them, and instead ordered a bunch of nano-techs from HK USA.

They're ok, but I get only about 3-minute flights on my XSlick with the 9" prop.

The Gens probably would do better.........????

Dave

No, they won't do any better than the Nanos. I get 5-6 min with the Nanos with the 1500Kv TH motor and 9 inch prop. Must be a throttle control thing.

edit: And 5-6 minutes with the 1800Kv X series with an 8 inch prop.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
11:30 at night and I want to fly my CY. Got physical therapy tomorrow and I'm usually ruined after but I dont care I'm going out after I get home. Got a Yak on my back!!

Tom
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:57 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
rimaarts where do you get your gens ace in the uk? and what is a squid you mentioned in the cy thread?
my 450 i ordered from here http://electriflyer.co.uk/gens-ace-4...-lipo-battery/ ordered first time something so lets see how is that site and will i actually get something...

but for my 3dhs slick i order batteries from giantcod.. http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gens-lipos-c-1_319.html

and that charging squid? well, for my deans/powerpoles i have epbuddy paraboard.. and for my 450 i ordered http://electriflyer.co.uk/4mm-to-jst-mini-x-6-parallel/ this... mini jst paralel charge cable... i figure, ill use paraboard balancing with paralel charging cable charging...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:12 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Thanks rimaarts. Let us know how electriflyer do, Gens Ace are pretty hard to get hold of at times, there are a few places that deal with them but they are so often out of stock it's not funny.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly